TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 SGT Camber question

Stevo

Hi all, Does anyone know if Shelby drilled out the bottom mount of the struts on the 2007 Shelby GT's. I've been doing some local AutoX's and want some additional negative camber. I've read that I will need to slot the bottom mounts. A gentleman at Ford Racing said that Shelby must have done some drilling to maintain the stock camber when they dropped it 1.5". Does that sound right? If they did, did they slot all the way to the markers? I'm wondering if I need to do additional drilling. I'd invest in camber plates but that would move me out of F-Stock. I've heard I can drill out the stock strut mount and get about 1.5-2" more camber. I'm hunting the stock M3's and need all the help I can get....

Shelby did nothing to the SGT's to maintain stock camber, which is why they have more negative camber as a result of the lowering.

Thanks guys. ilmore, that explains a lot. I was wondering if they drilled them to get what I already have. Has anyone an idea how many negative degrees are a result from lowering the car 1.5"?

Springer, those bolts look good; however, I'm wondering if using them will create too much camber. If I already have approximately .5 - 1", wont the additional 2 degrees be a bit extreme? I'm also assuming those bolts will require drilling the struts to accomodate the offset? Speeking of, how much more camber should I use for Auto X?

Thanks again.

Springer, I just read the technical on those bolts. Seems they go in the stock hole. I presume that there a smaller diameter and thats how they get the off-set. Thats an amazing amount of negative camber for what looks like a small off-set. I think I'll go to the alignment shop and get a read on my existing camber numbers before I commit. I'm guessing Ingalls makes additional ones with with more or less offest that fit.

Have you guys used these with the same 1.5" drop?

-thanks for the heads up on these.

The Ingall bolts at cammed. Spinning or clocking the bolts in either direction (clockwise/counter clockwise) is how the camber is adjusted with these bolts and is a sound method for making small adjusting in camber.

The Ford Service Manual calls for slotting the struts in order to correct camber on lowered or modified suspensions. This is bad solution in my opinion.

If you are serious about autox then you need to invest in some quality camber plates. The camber on the SGT is not significantly out of spec for the original ride hieght of the Mustang. The slight additional positive camber of the SGT will help with handling thru corners but should not have a significant effect on the SGT as a daily driver.

Slight out of spect Toe on the other hand will impact your handling and tire wear. Shelby did nothing to correct alignment on the SGT before leaving Vegas. If you have not done so already, have your Toe alignment inspected.

I was considering getting the FR500 plates; however, the problem with the camber plates (as I understand) will put the SGT out of F stock. Infact, adding the ingall bolts may also. Will anyone be looking to check?, not likely, but I'd know. I'll look into whether or not the bolts are an issue. Keeping my PAX number is important to be competitive throughout the classes.

I dont think slotting the stock struts would qualify as 'modified'.

If anyone has any experience with the specifics of what I can or cant do under F-stock I'd appreciate the info.

I was considering getting the FR500 plates; however, the problem with the camber plates (as I understand) will put the SGT out of F stock. Infact, adding the ingall bolts may also.

I dont think slotting the stock struts would qualify as 'modified'.

Good question....

Archived