TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Atlanta area Meet & Greet?

grsybtch

Steve -o,

Let me know if you get anything set up, depending on day and time, Vic and I may come up. You never know where the two of will end up. :shoppingcart_:

:salute:

Hell, I'm just trying to gauge interest in getting something started from guys in the area. So far, the only response has been a guy in PA and a guy in central FL! :hysterical:

Hell, I'm just trying to gauge interest in getting something started from guys in the area. So far, the only response has been a guy in PA and a guy in central FL! :hysterical:

yea I noticed that....we have the same type of particapation activity down here...and then people wonder why no one wants to put on an event. :shrug:

yea I noticed that....we have the same type of particapation activity down here...and then people wonder why no one wants to put on an event. :shrug:

I'm telling you guys, ya have to move north! We had several people get together from four different states and drive up to 3 hours for a crab lunch! Next weekend there will be people from all over New England, not to mention Illinois and Georgia, to get together for an afternoon picnic at a members house.

I think once you do something and only a few people turn out the word still gets around that will attract more people the next time... who knows, but good luck!

I'll be right down. :hysterical:

Keep working it Steve - O. You will drum up interested folks. I would be there in a heart beat if I lived closer. The only cruises around here are Corvette clubs.

I need to get with Tim and Bmans.

Anybody interested in a Meet & Greet in the Atlanta area?

Maybe a restaurant on a Saturday evening Something?

Chime in and post your thoughts!

Just saw this one...sorry, little slow on getting back on the forum today.

YES - count me in if I'm not roped in to something already with the family on the day that is picked out.

I could easily do a morning coffee gathering or something as well.

Andy.

Just saw this one...sorry, little slow on getting back on the forum today.

YES - count me in if I'm not roped in to something already with the family on the day that is picked out.

I could easily do a morning coffee gathering or something as well.

Andy.

I'm up for anything......like I said, I'd like to just get some folks from around here together for a casual meet and see if we have any interest in planning some cruises or get togethers. If you know of anyone else in the area let them know and we'll try to come up with a commonly acceptable date.

I'm up for anything......like I said, I'd like to just get some folks from around here together for a casual meet and see if we have any interest in planning some cruises or get togethers. If you know of anyone else in the area let them know and we'll try to come up with a commonly acceptable date.

Try reaching out to:

Young768 (Kennesaw/Marietta area)

08shelbygt760 (Alpharetta area)

art4tees (Woodstock area - getting his SGT approx Aug 3 or 4th)

Keep bumping the thread around and some others will chime in when they see it like I did....

Andy.

Try reaching out to:

Young768 (Kennesaw/Marietta area)

08shelbygt760 (Alpharetta area)

art4tees (Woodstock area - getting his SGT approx Aug 3 or 4th)

Keep bumping the thread around and some others will chime in when they see it like I did....

Andy.

Yeah, I figured it'd take awhile........if I get a chance, I'll go through the members list and send some PM's. In the meantime, think about some dates and locations.

WOW! An entire week, 112 views, and only one person in Georgia wants to meet fellow Shelby owners nearby?!?!?!

kinda sorta pisses ya off, don't it. Hey nobody can say ya didn't try. If noyhing else ya may have found one person to grab a bite to eat with... chalk it up as a lesson learned.

I'll try and get in touch with a couple of TS members....I know we can at least 4 or 5 together in short order.

First, l will check the calendar and PM you with a few dates where I know I'm available. Since this was your idea, I figure it's only fair that you pick the date of the event.

Then, I'll reach out to confirm some people I know to meet up. Surely we can get something pulled together...as large as Metro Atlanta is, there are bound to be penty of Shelby owners who want to get together. I'm sure it's just the busy time of kids going back to school and vacations finishing up that is causing the low response rate.

I'll PM you sometime tomorrow - I'll have to check calendar with my Social Director (my lovely wife) tonight when I get home.

Andy.

I'll try and get in touch with a couple of TS members....I know we can at least 4 or 5 together in short order.

First, l will check the calendar and PM you with a few dates where I know I'm available. Since this was your idea, I figure it's only fair that you pick the date of the event.

Then, I'll reach out to confirm some people I know to meet up. Surely we can get something pulled together...as large as Metro Atlanta is, there are bound to be penty of Shelby owners who want to get together. I'm sure it's just the busy time of kids going back to school and vacations finishing up that is causing the low response rate.

I'll PM you sometime tomorrow - I'll have to check calendar with my Social Director (my lovely wife) tonight when I get home.

Andy.

Thanks, I just want to see if there's any local interest in Shelby oriented events. I figure a simple M&G is a logical start. I'm pretty open to dates and location, we''l just have to work off general concensus if we can get enough folks invoved.

Sounds like a great idea, I'm in. Time frame?? Don't be discouraged by the lack of response. I rarely check the regional forums. Most in this area go to the Saturday cruise in's at various town centers like Dallas, Austell, Cartersville, Canton etc. I'm a member of the Georgia Regional Mustang Club and we have several Shelby's in the club and most are registered with Team Shelby. Robert Young, Lee Mathias, Dan Shelby and myself. There is also some Shelby's in the Tara Mustang club as well. Might need to post something on the clubs website to get the word out. I'll do that on the Facebook site for the club.

Sounds like a great idea, I'm in. Time frame?? Don't be discouraged by the lack of response. I rarely check the regional forums. Most in this area go to the Saturday cruise in's at various town centers like Dallas, Austell, Cartersville, Canton etc. I'm a member of the Georgia Regional Mustang Club and we have several Shelby's in the club and most are registered with Team Shelby. Robert Young, Lee Mathias, Dan Shelby and myself. There is also some Shelby's in the Tara Mustang club as well. Might need to post something on the clubs website to get the word out. I'll do that on the Facebook site for the club.

Thanks John! I knew you wrere involved with the local mustang clubs and was hoping you could get in touch with some more folks. I'm not a great organizer, I'm just hoping to eventually get to the point where people might be encouraged to check the regional forums more often. I drove up to PA for the 50th celebration at Carlisle and thought it would be awesome to have some things like that go on a little closer to home. I figure the first step would be to get some local folks together and interested. As far as time frame goes, I'm open. I thought if we could get a disscussion going, we could get a general concensus.

What about Caffeine & Octane this Sunday?

I'll be out of town like Gator said, That and the morning thing's a little challenging as I'm out in Carrollton, and it's a little bit of a hike :hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

Like johnrehder, I'm a member of the Georgia Regional Mustang club and always up for getting together.

My only question is, are you looking to get together with only Shelby owners...or car enthusiasts in general? I got rid of my Shelby GT500 that you see in my signature over a year ago and now own a Black 2003 SVT Cobra. It has a polished KB 2.2, CCW Classic Rims, Kenny Brown Suspension, Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, Borla Stinger Exhaust and a whole lot of other goodies.

Just let me know,

Cameron

edit: pic of my new Cobra...just haven't gotten aroun to updating my signature yet

outside.jpg

MotorPicture.jpg

Like johnrehder, I'm a member of the Georgia Regional Mustang club and always up for getting together.

My only question is, are you looking to get together with only Shelby owners...or car enthusiasts in general? I got rid of my Shelby GT500 that you see in my signature over a year ago and now own a Black 2003 SVT Cobra. It has a polished KB 2.2, CCW Classic Rims, Kenny Brown Suspension, Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, Borla Stinger Exhaust and a whole lot of other goodies.

Just let me know,

Cameron

edit: pic of my new Cobra...just haven't gotten aroun to updating my signature yet

outside.jpg

MotorPicture.jpg

First of all, sweet ride!

I'm always up for getting together with car enthusiasts with all makes and models, but in this thread I'm trying to generate some interest amongst local Team Shelby members in getting something going in the South Atlantic region. BobZ is the regional director and is based in South Florida, and has explained why most of the events associated with Team Shelby/South Atlantic have been held down there. If we're going to have any Shelby related events or activities up in this area it's pretty much up to the local memebers to start something going here and then get the assistance/backing of the larger orginization.

That being said, I figured I'd start with a simple Meet and Greet to start disscussion on what if any interst there is in going forward. From there, the sky's the limit! I was up in Carlisle for the 50th celebration, and it would be awesome if we could get to where we have something like that in our neighborhood, but baby steps first! :hysterical:

First of all, sweet ride!

I'm always up for getting together with car enthusiasts with all makes and models, but in this thread I'm trying to generate some interest amongst local Team Shelby members in getting something going in the South Atlantic region. BobZ is the regional director and is based in South Florida, and has explained why most of the events associated with Team Shelby/South Atlantic have been held down there. If we're going to have any Shelby related events or activities up in this area it's pretty much up to the local memebers to start something going here and then get the assistance/backing of the larger orginization.

That being said, I figured I'd start with a simple Meet and Greet to start disscussion on what if any interst there is in going forward. From there, the sky's the limit! I was up in Carlisle for the 50th celebration, and it would be awesome if we could get to where we have something like that in our neighborhood, but baby steps first! :hysterical:

Appreciate the kind words and keep me posted.

Keep me posted, We would make the drive, done it before! Cameron, when did you part with your' 500?

Mike

Hey Mike!! It's been way too long since we've last talked.

Yeah, after giving it a lot of consideration, I decided to get rid of the Shelby last year. I went a few months thinking about what I'd like to get next and then decided on a 03-04 Cobra. I was lucky enough to find this 2003 Cobra up in WV. Still with the original owner, 16,187 miles on the odometer and all modified. Only thing I've done is put a Lethal Performance Magnaflow High-Flow Catted X-Pipe on it, a new Borla Stinger Exhaust and had MV Performance Dyno tune it on their Mustang Dyno. It ended up making 598rwhp / 552rwtq @ 20.3psi.

We'll need to try a plan a get together at a local show or something so we can catch up.

Cameron, I work in Woodstock (live in Dunwoody/Sandy Springs area), but I'm up in Canton pretty often.

Where is MV Performance who did the tuning for you? Are they local to the area?

Agreed - that is a sweet ride you have...598 rwhp is amazing.

Andy.

Archived