TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another 2008 GT 350

Well...at the mustang nationals car show today in RI. A nice guy and his wife came up to check out my 45th anniversary GT 350. Then...he went on to tell me about his rare 2008 GT350 and how it is one of 730 something and how it only came in convertible with blue with white stripe.

After a puzzled look on my face I think he could tell I was not buying it. I asked where he bought it and he proceeded to tell me he got from Shelby in LV. Then I thought...well I am newer to Shelby do maybe I could be wrong. I proceeded to search on my iPhone to see if I could find any info but I could. This person showed me a picture and his wife said "look it even says GT350 on the side".

Doesn't really matter because in the end he has a really nice Shebly...it just happens to be an SGT not a 350. He seemed like he has had this debate before. I just think it sucks that some dealer tricked him into thinking he bought a GT350. I did find one for sale during my Internet search and the seller claiming the same thing. Except his actual window sticker says SGT and the CSM was 08SGTxxx.

I actually had a guy with a SGT tell me at an ice cream shop that he had a "real" "GT350" and I had a "dealer-made emblem-only" GT500. He said that's what the dealer told him. They will tell you anything just to sell a car. I politely gave him the history lesson. (I thought about telling him that my car has double the horsepower than his but didn't want to disappoint him further.) The truth is the truth no matter what the saleman told you.

When I bought mine in 2007 the salesman introduced it to me as a GT350..... hence my screen name!

Well then...if they told you it was a GT350 and says it on the sides of the car then it must be. Just crazy! These dealers are slime.

My issue is...didn't they ask why the CSM did not include the 350 in it or why the window sticker says SGT and GT350???

I wish I had more time to talk the gentalmen at this show because I would have found out where he bought it. And I did not think to ask him why the king of the road series on Velocity omitted the 2008 GT350 from the history. Oh well. Just wish we could out the dealer so other people won't get burned.

You dont have to look hard to find a 'Miss Informed' dealer.

http://cardiff-classics.ebizautos.com/detail-2008-shelby-gt350-automatic-used-6990211.html

At least this dealer did not put GT350 stickers on this one. They are just using the name in the ad.

As a good citizen...I visited the contact page on this site and informed them of their mistake. We'll see if they email back or change the ad.

When I bought mine in 2007 the salesman introduced it to me as a GT350..... hence my screen name!

So...did you go back to the dealer when you found out that it was not a 350? Just wondering if they had you fooled and what happened after?

If that happened to me I soul be smearing their name at every opportunity. Can't stand slimy car dealers

So...did you go back to the dealer when you found out that it was not a 350? Just wondering if they had you fooled and what happened after?

If that happened to me I soul be smearing their name at every opportunity. Can't stand slimy car dealers

for the record I never went back, and I have been smearing Brown Daubs their name, I know I cost them several new vehicles by informing others who purchased elsewhere. Not because of the 350 error, just other stuff.

I will always contact the dumb-dumb sellers when I see the "350" error. Same sales excuse: to differentiate it from the GT500. I tell them that the S-GT and GT-H are limited edition models with their own unique value and history and do not need to have any other designations than what is on the side stripes and the dash plaque CSM. While they are sitting around the dealer lot waiting to pounce on an unspecting buyer, they should get on-line and educate themselves on what they have on the car lot. It might impress them.

Well...at the mustang nationals car show today in RI. A nice guy and his wife came up to check out my 45th anniversary GT 350. Then...he went on to tell me about his rare 2008 GT350 and how it is one of 730 something and how it only came in convertible with blue with white stripe.

After a puzzled look on my face I think he could tell I was not buying it. I asked where he bought it and he proceeded to tell me he got from Shelby in LV. Then I thought...well I am newer to Shelby do maybe I could be wrong. I proceeded to search on my iPhone to see if I could find any info but I could. This person showed me a picture and his wife said "look it even says GT350 on the side".

Doesn't really matter because in the end he has a really nice Shebly...it just happens to be an SGT not a 350. He seemed like he has had this debate before. I just think it sucks that some dealer tricked him into thinking he bought a GT350. I did find one for sale during my Internet search and the seller claiming the same thing. Except his actual window sticker says SGT and the CSM was 08SGTxxx.

In the end who really cares! He's a fellow Mustang owner and whether it was a real Shelby or not he's having fun so I wish you people would get off this 'bashing' because it may not be real. Remember, not everyone can afford a real one. I mean I'd like to own a real 65-66 GT350 but I'm not paying $200k plus to get one when I could build a replica that will kick its ass for under $45k!

good point 39, sometimes some poor unfortunate sucker was sold something that he thought (or was told) was a Shelby, and they need to be brought up to speed as to what is what without putting them down. But every now and then you run into Mr Smoke Blower who trys ever so hard to convince you that his 2007 V6 Mustang is a real "Rare" Super Snake because of the lavender stripe. These type of people are the ones that require bashing, not the innocent ones.

In the end who really cares! He's a fellow Mustang owner and whether it was a real Shelby or not he's having fun so I wish you people would get off this 'bashing' because it may not be real. Remember, not everyone can afford a real one. I mean I'd like to own a real 65-66 GT350 but I'm not paying $200k plus to get one when I could build a replica that will kick its ass for under $45k!

39...guess you didnt see the part the quote that said it doesn't matter in the because he still has a real Shelby. The point that was being made was about the dealer misrepresenting the car and in the end making the owner look foolish when talking to those who know the history.

Would you be okay buying what you thought to be a rare car only to find you were sold a bill of goods? I don't anyone that would be okay with that. That's the point. If you want to SS your V6 then go ahead. Just be prepared to be 'corrected' if you ate not honest.

I have no problem with cloned or mofdified cars as they help keep spare parts available and the interest in the real originals.. The problem is with mis-representation when infering or stating thast they are orginals, classics or current, since they hdo not have the same value as to production and history. Originals were expensive to start with and maintain a higher current value for the same reason.

And then there are the lawsuits for mis-represented cars when they are resold. Each Shelby vehicle to have a "Shelby" designation of some sort should be respected for its own unique and destinct production. There is no need to to change its status to differentiate it from other Shelby productions or Ford Mustangs. Enjoy the ride.

B)

Archived