TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My New Boss 302 Laguna Seca Has Arrived!!

vapor08GT500

Hey vapor, tried to send you a pm but you cannot receive new messages. Mind if I post it here? I'm in pretty big need of advice and its only after I've done a ton of reading and extensive testing (for someone without a shop) of my own.

Hey Vapor,

I read your Boss build thread and was just floored on how you took a good car and made it great. Easily the best looking car on the site in my opinion, congrats.

I have an 11 Gt500 that my next year plan is to put the 13 tvs blower on. So this year I'm working on traction. I've been documenting my alcoa widening and tire fitment in the link below. I have standard 11 shocks, fr adj panhard, fr springs, relocated bump stops, and 11.5 alcoas. Yet I'm having side wall rub in and out of my driveway and highway dips on the outer fender. I'm thinking I should move to a watts link to prevent rubbing when the axle goes one side up/down. But the compression rubbing is confusing. Any tips you could provide would be extremely helpful. You have only a quarter inch more in width and less wheel gap then i, but a space ship rear suspension. I've documented the hell out of this and read like crazy. At this point I just need a new perspective. I'm only a quarter inch off your tire bulge. I know the differences are vast at this point, watts, springs, shocks and width. But I'm looking for ideas on the smaller/cheaper tweaks to get the 335 to work.

I'm currently planning on switching to a watts and potentially have EV widen the wheels again to 12 this time to pull the sidewall back. But I wondered if I could control compression then a 11.5 might work and save me a ton of money.

Thanks in advance for the time and thought,

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30601

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex,

I hope you see this post as the thread is a little dated. If all works out I will be purchasing a 300 mile 2013 Grabber Blue Boss in a week or so. I'm going to have X-pel clear bra installed on the front end and other areas prone to bugs and rock chips.

My question is when you did yours, did you clear bra over the stripes on the A-pilar and leading edge of the hood? I've read onlinethat many say don't go over the stripes as it will supress the reflective look of the stripe. The installer says he could do over the stripes with a matte finish clear bra. I'd like to know your thoughts on this. Go over the stripes or not? Thanks,

Dave

• 2 years later...

Just saw this Dave. I haven't updated this tread in a while, but will answer your question in case someone else is wondering also. With reflective stripes ,you don't want to clear bra over them, with non reflective you can.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this Dave. I haven't updated this tread in a while, but will answer your question in case someone else is wondering also. With reflective stripes ,you don't want to clear bra over them, with non reflective you can.

Alex,

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't matter now anyway. Car is gone, traded it towards a 2016 GT350. I hope to have the car sometime in Feb/March.

Dave

• 9 months later...

Archived