TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My New Boss 302 Laguna Seca Has Arrived!!

vapor08GT500

As many of you know, I ordered a new School Bus Yellow Boss 302 Laguna Seca back in February, and now it has finally arrived!! It is car #253 of the 750 to be built. I have done several builds on these Boss's for my customers and was so impressed with what the cars are stock, and what can be done, that I figured a Boss would be my next project. I have many parts already sitting on the shelves to go on the car, so stay tuned for the build on it. :camera:

Here are some pictures my dealer sent me of the car after arriving on Tuesday. I will be picking it up in Vegas on Tuesday of next week. It will sit on the showroom floor until I can get there to pick it up with all the stickers, tags and plastic left in place.

imagejpeg_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg

imagejpeg_5.jpg

imagejpeg_6.jpg

imagejpeg_4.jpg

Alex

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the comments my friends!! I am excited. :happy feet:

I don't want to spoil the build by telling you all in advance what I am doing to this car, so keep checking back, you know I will post many pictures of every part that goes on (many parts already sitting in the shop waiting to go on)

I have a 12 GT500 I did my whole suspension package on that it getting a few more items that will be here in a few hours (11am, and will be done by noon on Sat) Then at noon on Sat, Green Mojavi (Ben) is bringing in his 12 GT500 for a full suspension build where he will be able to see the other 12 before it is picked up ( this way he can see what his car will look like when it is done). Then I have Rick's 40th for its build, and another 09 GT500 for rear suspension and RBST. After all that I will start the build on my Boss!!

I will pick the Boss up on Tuesday. I am driving up with a friend in my truck to Vegas so I can take back the LS splitter, brake duct kit, and transmission cooler which are all shipped separately to the Ford dealers 1 week before the car arrives. When I get there I will take many pictures, :camera: tape the car all up with painter's tape to prevent any road rash, then drive it back to break it in properly varying speeds and gears all the way home with no wide open throttle jaunts. First thing that will get done to the car is to color sand and buff the factory paint to eliminate orange peel, then the front bumper, pillars, rockers, and mirror covers will be clear bra-ed. I will also change the oil right when it gets to PS. I always do this with new cars in the first 300-500 miles as the assembly lube used to assemble the engines partially clogs the oil filter.

Stay tuned....

Alex

Alex I'll be watching for your posts this weekend. Appreciate the time you spent on the phone with me and I sent an email of what I'd like to get depending on my budget restrictions and shipping costs. If you get to that list I'm ready to order Monday before the wife sees the extra cash lying around :hysterical: I went ahead and ordered the light covers from your eBay add and looking forward to them.

Tim

Hi Tim,

It was a pleasure talking with you today. I felt bad not being able to talk with you further. By the time I got all my stuff done, I planned to call you back. After 20 phone calls, I lose the #'s on my phone for 21+. I will email you.

You will love the light covers I have made for me. You will get them next week. I will do my best to get you pricing before the wife files for divorce!! There is not problem doing most systems in phases when budget is involved. LOL

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some more pics of the Boss. I don't have the pictures from picking the car up yet and taping it up as it is on my friends camera that I haven't seen since I got back. Manny was great, and kept the car in his air conditioned showroom, where I taped the car up to prevent any road rash on the 300 mile trip back to Palm Springs. I varied speeds and RPM's as Ford recommends for the Boss's for the first 300 miles with out getting on the car hard.

Here's a picture of the odometer as it turned 302 miles!! Love all the track apps and functions of the instrument cluster...very well done and easy to understand.

7-27-12034.jpg

7-28-12069.jpg

7-28-12070.jpg

7-28-12071.jpg

7-28-12072.jpg

7-28-12073.jpg

7-28-12074.jpg

7-28-12075.jpg

7-28-12076.jpg

And a few of the interior....

7-28-12068.jpg

7-28-12067.jpg

7-28-12063.jpg

More in a bit...

and now a few of the engine and underside....these will be the last shots while the car is still stock....LOL

7-28-12034.jpg

7-28-12039.jpg

7-28-12040.jpg

7-28-12041.jpg

7-28-12042.jpg

7-28-12043.jpg

7-28-12044.jpg

7-28-12045.jpg

7-28-12046.jpg

7-28-12047.jpg

7-28-12048.jpg

7-28-12049.jpg

and the first mod...my workers only had time to install my chrome hood latch and brushed stainless allen head bolts before they left on Saturday, plus we took out the side exhaust plates to make it sound better. Of course the car will get my MMS mufflers soon when I get the time to put them on. Next up, we will color sand and buff the factory paint, like I do with all my new cars, panel by panel to get rid of the orange peel, then it will get some clear bra-ing...

7-28-12054.jpg

First impressions of the car? Love it. Best turn key Mustang I have ever bought. Feels very light and nimble, revs to the moon, comfortable, and very well thought out. Glad Navigation wasn't available as it was terrible on my 10 GT500, the worst navigation available on any car I have driven or owned, the only thing I miss about my previous Shelby's is the bottom end torque the Boss doesn't have as much of, but that will be taken care of soon, as will some suspension/braking/appearance upgrades.

The part of the car that stands out as the worst, is the crappy shifter...it is just downright terrible!! You can easily go from 3rd to 6th, and 2nd to 5th. It is just junk, and unacceptable in a $50K+ car. I have installed plenty of Steeda and MGW shifters on the new Getrag MT-82 transmissions for customer's in their 11-13 Mustangs and Boss's and both are great units, but mine will get the Steeda unit. Why? MGW makes a great product, but they have been in business for only a few years now making shifters (they are a gun manufacturer) and they really over-engineered the shifter for the MT-82 trans, making it VERY noisy, the Steeda unit is much quieter and I have never had a customer complain about excess noise. Steeda has been making their shifters now for Mustangs for 20+ years and hit the nail on the head with their shifter for the MT-82's.

Stay tuned as I start adding more things to the car as time allows between customer car builds....

Alex

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the photos and updates! Nice looking LS. And Yep it is the right colors for sure Terlingua COLORS! yellow and black or black and yellow are always in style.

Can't wait to see you here for the event and to see the new and mod'ed car.

Fear the Black and Yellow Mustang LOL.

David

Archived