TEAM SHELBY FORUM

False advertising?.

http://teamfordmarie...ck-Car/9499603/

Anyone else confused by this description? Sounds like they think they have a gt500kr with a hennessey package. I told them they might want to sort out the way the made the ad like saying Shelby GT500 with KR750 hennessey package.... so people will not get on them about it. Well they gave me a nasty email back basically saying how ignorant I was... What do you all think? Should they change it? is it false advertising?

Well i care cause i am looking for one and stumbled across it. Also i don't like when facts are swayed in a way to make something look like something is not.... That's all just wanted to see other peoples opinions to see if im looking to much into it is all....

What in the world is a GT500 KR with Hennessey package? Is that a KR with a bottle of cognac?...sweet...but I prefer Remy Martin. And what is a KR750? Looks like they are trying to sell a low miles 2007 by putting some different stripes on it to confuse unsuspecting folks. Clearly it's not a GT500KR. And, I didn't see any specifics in there about Hennessey performance package and even so, that doesn't make it a KR. I wouldn't worry about it though...let the buyer beware and buy what they want. Nobody spends $57K without looking into it.

What in the world is a GT500 KR with Hennessey package? Is that a KR with a bottle of cognac?...sweet...but I prefer Remy Martin. And what is a KR750? Looks like they are trying to sell a low miles 2007 by putting some different stripes on it to confuse unsuspecting folks. Clearly it's not a GT500KR. And, I didn't see any specifics in there about Hennessey performance package and even so, that doesn't make it a KR. I wouldn't worry about it though...let the buyer beware and buy what they want. Nobody spends $57K without looking into it.

Hennessey does make a package that the name is similar but, not sure what its suppose to look like and what all is done to it. I am pretty sure it is suppose to deviate from the stock look besides side stripes.... Anyways feel bad for the poor schmuck that might be taken, wouldn't pay more than 40k for this car... and that's still a lot of money in my book... for a regular gt500

Apparently adding 2K miles to the clock increases it's value by $10K.

http://www.earthmoto...n-Texas/932270/

Hennessy has what is called a '750R' upgrade which is only a performance package but I'm sure they will include appearance upgrades of your choice for enough coin. The 'KR 750' is purely owner/seller inspired.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/mustang750r.html

I would be curious if this Ford Dealer has any documentation to support that it was modded by Hennessy (who has a questionable reputation).

The rocker panel stripes say KR750 instead of GT500. That makes everything confusing for uneducated people. The asking price is about the same as my '08 convertible window sticker price.

It's a nice looking GT500 with low miles and a few power mods. If they would put the rocker stripes back to normal, and sell it for what it is, it would make someone a nice car. But not at that price.

The best thing about this car is the idea it can give one for a cocktail...the "Chicago"...which has both HENNESSY cognac And ORANGE PEEL, inspired by the less than awesome performance package and poor paint job on this car. Here's the recipe for you to enjoy if you're off work.

The "CHICAGO"

1 ounce Grand Marnier

1 ounce HennessyVS Cognac

2 dashes Angostura bitters

2 ounces Brut Champagne

Orange peel for garnish

Stir ingredients in mixing glass with ice. Serve in an old-fashioned glass on the rocks. Garnish with orange peel.

Anyone with even a modicum of knowledge or anyone who who did the minimum to educate themselves about KRs would and should know this is clearly not a KR.

This car is so far off from being a GT500KR I wouldn't feel sorry for anyone who bought it thinking it was.

Further it is not represented as a GT500KR.

The best thing about this car is the idea it can give one for a cocktail...the "Chicago"...which has both HENNESSY cognac And ORANGE PEEL, inspired by the less than awesome performance package and poor paint job on this car. Here's the recipe for you to enjoy if you're off work.

The "CHICAGO"

1 ounce Grand Marnier

1 ounce HennessyVS Cognac

2 dashes Angostura bitters

2 ounces Brut Champagne

Orange peel for garnish

Stir ingredients in mixing glass with ice. Serve in an old-fashioned glass on the rocks. Garnish with orange peel.

The perfect way to bring some good taste to a thread. - Make mine a double. :)

The KR750 is apparently a "legit" package from Hennessy and I see now they have a "Venom 600R, 650R and a 750R"

The paint issue should be a red flag. I would suggest a Carfax or at least have it checked out by a good body guy before purchase.

Archived