TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 SBY with an 'oops'

John Canfield

I was looking at a 2013 SBY Boss 302 last night at a local dealership, when a fellow club member shoed me an 'oops' that brings bakc memories frmo when the '03/04 Mach 1s were rolling off the line. QC was questionable then, and obviously things haven't changed much. The Boss on the showroom floor (ser.#0649) has a GT/CS passenger side dash logo on it. The salesman I spoke to said Ford tried to send someone to recify this, but they refised the fix, stating that it would be mroe desirable and collectible as is, with teh mistake.

• 1 month later...

Finally had time off to go and photograph the car, only to find out Ford did force the dealership change out the passenger side dash to the correct type. I'm trying to find out if any local club members got a pic of the GT/CS dash when it was installed. I'm sure if whomever buys it gets an OASIS report it should show the work being done.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found a local club member who did take a shot of the car before it was changed to the correct Boss 302 dash. Too bad, though. Thanks to fellow BR Mustanger and T/S member, Rick for his contribution. I included a shot of the ser,# plate.

post-11909-0-43162500-1346691968_thumb.jpg

post-11909-0-91624300-1346691998_thumb.jpg

post-11909-0-43162500-1346691968_thumb.jpg

post-11909-0-91624300-1346691998_thumb.jpg

Yea, but it's still wrong. The bezels around the AC vents in the middle and the round one to the right still are not correct. They have the carbon look type finish where the Boss has the machine turned look finish. If I bought that car, I would certainly force them to fix that. Looks messed up like that.

I wonder what the Instrument Cluster looks like? Since the whole Dash Assembly is installed as one complete piece... Are the Top Speeds the same on the CS and the BOSS??? And is the Speedo on the Left and the Tach on the Right...

The instrument cluster is not the same. The speed limit and rpm limit are not the same.The cluster in the picture shows the tach goes to 9000 rpm which is correct. The tach in the CS stops @ 8000 rpm .The radio,steering wheel and door panels are correct. If this a LS then the spoiler is the same but not the paint job. LS Boss spoiler is flat black and gloss on the CS. Rear diffusers and front valance are the same except fog lights in the CS.----- I used to own a 2012 Boss---

Archived