TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20012 SS front splitter

I damaged the carbon fiber front splitter on my 2012 Super Snake in March 2012 and called Shelby at the same time to order new part. As of now Wendy at Shelby is still telling me that they have not recieved any new splitters. Is this possible? sounds like someone has dropped the ball out there.

What about all the new Super Snakes they are doing at the Shelby factory, how are they able to complete the cars without having the front carbon fiber splitters available?

That's what they told me two weeks ago regarding the 07-09 SS splitters. So I call back two weeks later looking to see if any came in and was told they've stopped making these high maintence items.....unless you have a warranty claim. Far as I know you can still SS your 07-09 Shelb. I just don't understand their business practices.

It shouldn't be easier to get any part for a 40 year old Shelby than it is to pick something up for these cars. I dare say I'd be more comfortable driving a classic than a SS or KR because I know I could find replacement parts should I have a mishap.... but you just never know what you're going to be told when you call looking for something for these cars.

It will be interesting to see what level of outrage develops with the SS owners who spend big $$$ on their conversions only to be told a year or two down the road, sorry, you'll have to replace this or that with a standard Ford part because we've dis-continued what you need.

Totally unbelievable that Shelby does not have pleanty of these splitters available. I dont get it, they build the cars and then tell there customers to go Fu$k themselves on any parts for the car. So your telling me that if you damage any part on the car you are not able to get replacment parts.

I have owned a air conditioning company for 22 years, how about I tell my customers that the unit I just sold them the replacement compressor is not available, these people would take me to court then disparage me to the point I would be out of business.

At this point anyone owning a Super Snake is not going to be able to drive it for fear of damaging something,

Archived