TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Shifter Balls

Staff

Shelby GT500 Shifter Balls

S7M-7213-C-2.jpg

Click here for more information.

Ford did an amazing job when they designed the interior of the GT500, however they didn't give you any choice as to the color of the shift knob. Well Shelby American can help you with that with these new shift knobs available in a multitude of color and stripe options. Exquisitely made with the utmost quality in mind these shift knobs have the famous Le Mans stripe known so well on the GT500 as well as the infamous Tiffany Snake GT500 logo on each side facing straight ahead.

Each shift knob comes with three different adapters to allow fitment on these shift lever thread patterns, 10mm x 1.25" (2010+), 12mm x 1.25" (2007-2009), 12mm x 1.75" (Shelby Shifter).

S7M-7213-C-10T.jpg

Applications:

2007-2013 Shelby GT500

New Product Release:

25 June 2012

Genuine Shelby American

Click here for more information.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am removing the content of my post as I realized that I should not have posted a competitive link for shift knobs. Roger/Robert, sorry about that and please forgive me. I get the idiot award for the day.

Not sure who sources Shelby for their knobs.............

They look a lot like MGW's.

And since Shelby uses MGW shifters on their Super Snakes.........<?SHRUG?>

Phill

This is not intended to take business away from Shelby, however, there are several of us who like SpeedDawg's shift knobs too. Not sure who sources Shelby for their knobs, however, I have multiple knobs from Chris over at SpeedDawg and love them......

He will make custom knobs for you too.

https://www.speeddawg.com/

These are not made by SpeedDawg, however, we did reach out to him (and met him) to make these for us, however, he never followed through. They may be able to make custom ones, but they cannot use Shelby markings.

We will be offering black/white, black/red, grabber blue/black - GT500KRs and others too.

Is there a size that fits the stock shifter? I know MGW shifter knobs do not fit the stock shifter. Also are the balls made from the same material and quality as the stock ball?

These shift knobs come with three different adaptors to allow fitment for most thread patterns out there. The quality is top notch, same as the stock knob.

This is not intended to take business away from Shelby, however, there are several of us who like SpeedDawg's shift knobs too. Not sure who sources Shelby for their knobs, however, I have multiple knobs from Chris over at SpeedDawg and love them......

He will make custom knobs for you too.

https://www.speeddawg.com/

Not cool.

I am removing the content of my post as I realized that I should not have posted a competitive link for shift knobs. Roger/Robert, sorry about that and please forgive me. I get the idiot award for the day.

I just wanted to point out that I did meet with him personally and tried to contact him and received zero response. . .so we moved on to another supplier.

The Shelby pieces are made in the U.S.A.

We will be offering black/white, black/red, grabber blue/black - GT500KRs and others too.

Will you be making any smaller diameter balls such as 1-3/4" or 1-7/8" ?

I would like to order a black with red stripe in either 1-3/4" or 1-7/8" diameter.

Will you be making any smaller diameter balls such as 1-3/4" or 1-7/8" ?

I would like to order a black with red stripe in either 1-3/4" or 1-7/8" diameter.

We will be making a black with red stripes, but not in a smaller size. Going smaller would loose too much resolution.

...and nothing for a tungsten gray w/ satin silver owner...

We're making more colors. . .

I have one on order, but I have a 2008 GT500 w/stock shifter. Is there something that comes with the shift ball that will not leave the leather boot on the stock stick just "hanging there"?

It looks like the top of the leather boot will be flat, then a length of shaft, then the new shifter knob on top. In my mind, seems like that might look unfinished.

Thoughts?

I have one on order, but I have a 2008 GT500 w/stock shifter. Is there something that comes with the shift ball that will not leave the leather boot on the stock stick just "hanging there"?

It looks like the top of the leather boot will be flat, then a length of shaft, then the new shifter knob on top. In my mind, seems like that might look unfinished.

Thoughts?

Any answer on this? There maybe an adapter out there for the boot but it would nice to have everything in one kit.

Archived