TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Won the prize at the Colorado Good Guys Show Sunday

twobjshelbys

A friend and I went to the Good Guys show yesterday. It's a simple decision to enter - with a coupon it was $30, and you get 2 passes in which were $18. So he bought a couple of liqud refreshments. I put the bonnet up and we went looking at the other cars. I went back and someone there told me I was being asked to move the car to "the winner's circle" but I was told by the guy at the gate I should have some sticker on the headlight, which I didn't have. Found a guy with a radio, and the response was "yep, we want the robin egg blue Ford down there lickety split (there was about 1/2 hour to go).

I got what I think was "best of Sunday" which was an open competition for all classes and dates. The rest of Good Guys is pre-1972 but on Sunday they have all cars all dates.

I will say that of all the cars there (probably 1500) more light was captured into digital cameras off the GT than any other single car.

Pictures to follow tonight.

Awesome Tony! Wish I could have gone. I was at a sheep/wool show in Estes Park. But you know, have to do the family things also sometimes! Missed two incredible car shows this weekend in Denver though, the Goodguys and the Concourse. Congrats!!

Awesome Tony! Wish I could have gone. I was at a sheep/wool show in Estes Park. But you know, have to do the family things also sometimes! Missed two incredible car shows this weekend in Denver though, the Goodguys and the Concourse. Congrats!!

Does anyone have pics from the Concours? I was told that the Steve Volk would have his GT40 J7 there.

Congrats Tony, well done. Nothing like an unexpected surprise, the Ford GT is a real looker. But it can also put it to the ground...

If you haven't already take a look @ this SPEED video. Ford GT vs a Lambo, it was quite amusing to see the Lambo...well you'll have to see it.

http://www.speedtv.com/video/tv-shows/battle-of-the-supercars-600-hp-showdown-648861228001/48/

Cheers,

Ray

Archived