TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DFW Area Detailers

EL SHELBY

Jason, contact Skip at Grapevine Ford. He gave me the name of a great detailer that I will be using one of these days. He showed me pictures of his work and it was truly amazing.

Also, call 21st Century Musclecars over in Addison. I'm sure they will know someone too.

http://21stcenturymu...com/fordgt.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Jason, I met John today over at 21st Century Musclecars. He was very personable and a pleasure to talk with as well. I will be doing business with him too. (they are primarily a Corvette shop, however, they also do some Mustang work too).

I ended up going to Classic Auto Detail in Fort Worth. The car looks good, and the old boy running the place loves to talk. When I pick-up the SGT I ended up listening to the guy for 2hrs go on about evertything from the weather, history, politics, his family, to religion. Quite the character.

He charged me $175 for the full detail including a complete buff and engine wipe down. The stripes look better but I'm now convenced that I need to have them painted or go with the FLX painted vinyl.

I went by has shop and talked with him (Larry) the week before to look over the shop and get know him and how he opperates before I made the appointment. He claims Carroll had been in his shop and that he has quite a few regulars with '60's Shelby's that he works on.

Jason, I met John today over at 21st Century Musclecars. He was very personable and a pleasure to talk with as well. I will be doing business with him too. (they are primarily a Corvette shop, however, they also do some Mustang work too).

I had them install my exhaust system- 1 7/8's" Dyna Tech headers, cat delete x-pipe, 3" Magna Flows. Their work is very professional and they take care of the cars. Matt (shop manager) is a good guy. They really know their Corvette's (Lingenfelter's son-in- law is the owner), but I had some problems getting the tune right after my install (they did not turn off the rear O2 sensors and the CAT codes). They did figure it out and it seems fine now.

Gary, you were the primary reason I went to 21st Century and I let John know that I had read about your vehicle on this forum. I'd like to meet you sometime and hear your GT500 in person.

John treated me very well and helped me with my Borla ATAK exhaust on the GT500. I have a few alignment tweaks I need on the left exhaust and I am going back this week to tweak and align in the valance. Overall, I really liked John, Matt, and the entire experience there.

Gary, you were the primary reason I went to 21st Century and I let John know that I had read about your vehicle on this forum. I'd like to meet you sometime and hear your GT500 in person.

John treated me very well and helped me with my Borla ATAK exhaust on the GT500. I have a few alignment tweaks I need on the left exhaust and I am going back this week to tweak and align in the valance. Overall, I really liked John, Matt, and the entire experience there.

Maybe we can figure out a Saturday to meet somewhere, have lunch and talk about our cars? I am in Plano, where are you in Dallas? My brother has the Grabber Orange 2007 Shelby that Van Collier drove at the March Texas Mile- hit 207.7 mph. Quite a car! I love my 2008 and the exhaust 21st Century installed is awesome.

Thanks for mentioning my comments to John, I like seeing a Shelby sitting there between all of the Corvettes.

My email is ghodge@collin.edu

Archived