Jump to content
TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can anyone tell me what I did here??


Recommended Posts

Nice!! How much work is involved?

 

 

+1. I've wondered about doing the same and I cannot image it would require much. I have a BOSS splitter (not the Laguna version) in the garage waiting for my attempt to incorporate it with the SGT bumper cover.

 

APR make a CF version for the '05-'09 but they want a cool $760 for the set.

 

And TruCarbon has a set for $400.

post-24566-0-32061400-1339169209_thumb.jpg

post-24566-0-84405000-1339169588_thumb.jpg

post-24566-0-32061400-1339169209_thumb.jpg

post-24566-0-84405000-1339169588_thumb.jpg

Edited by EL SHELBY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Test fit. Red lights shows what needs to be cut for them to fit.

 

Untitled-1.jpg

 

Can easily be done with tape to mark your cut and a plain old razor blade. Take your time. I then used a file to make the edges look nice.

 

5ba57993.jpg

 

Then the top hole in the wheel well needs to be honed upwards a little to get the push pin into place, and it then snaps into place perfect.

 

Then you are left with something that should look like this.

 

nice.jpg

 

IMG_8195.jpg

 

Sorry the bottom pic is a little dark. The gap between the skirt and fender does not go away 100% but the fit is 95% and the chance is well worth the 5%. I think if I ever decide to get them painted, I will have that edge changed to make a perfect fit against the fender, but IMHO is look soooooo good just the way it is.

Edited by michschi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
...