TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby - Wife vs. Kids in WAR Over Auto Legend's Body

Grabber

"estranged from Carroll since he petitioned for divorce back in 2010"

This is what I don't understand. I have seen a LOT of Photos from 2011 AND 2012 that shows Carroll and Cleo together having a nice time with both smiling and enjoying each others company........like Husband and Wife. Was it all a sham or is the statement false?

Yes, that is a issue with me too.

I've seen many Hollywood couples in a "sham marrige" so it's not totally unheard of.

I can speculate all day long why they could have had one but with only TMZ's "reporting" it...I'm skeptical, to say the least and it's really not my place to comment.

Phill

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that is a issue with me too.

I've seen many Hollywood couples in a "sham marrige" so it's not totally unheard of.

I can speculate all day long why they could have had one but with only TMZ's "reporting" it...I'm skeptical, to say the least and it's really not my place to comment.

Phill

You need to watch the interview on fox news with Pat Shelby. It might help with some creditability.

I just viewed the public media link in post #61. Seems lots of puzzling things happen after someone's passing. As outsiders, we naturally wonder. However, from a motive perspective ask "Who benefits?". As for me, I'm going to drive my Shelby now, prep it for a car show tomorrow, and remember the legacy.

I just viewed the public media link in post #61. Seems lots of puzzling things happen after someone's passing. As outsiders, we naturally wonder. However, from a motive perspective ask "Who benefits?". As for me, I'm going to drive my Shelby now, prep it for a car show tomorrow, and remember the legacy.

I just hope that the info about Carrolls assets being locked up in the foundation is true so no one can get their hands on it.

Hopefully they'll get this cleared up soon and put Carrolls body where it should be.

The tax return for 2010 says that there is over 6 mil in the foundation and Cleo is one of the directors.

The foundation at of the end of '09 had $6,840,273.00 in assets and gave away $251,550.00 so there is a lot of money that I sure hope is safe and sound.

http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org//990...201012_990.pdf

...just because that reporter says those things does not make it so. Did she talk to all parties involved? What did Cleo have to say? What about all the Intellectual Property changes?

Also, who owned their home(s)? The Childrens Foundation and the Carroll Hall Shelby Trust (which owns Shelby Intellectual Property that is widely licensed) seem to be different legal entities.

There are so many questions and it's always sad to see this contention when someone passes, but it is quite commonplace and there are reason why it is -- reasons no one seems to be talking about.

Seems to me his wife has the legal right in Texas to decide where he is to be burrried. That said, if he wanted to be buried in a particular place or be creamated or whatever, my personal beleif is she should honor that, but there's a very different legal precedent if the family wrestles control from Cleo vs she retains control and still honors his wishes (or not). Would the family be fine if SHE honored all his wishes but did not cede control to the family?

This is far from cut and dried and far from over, imo, and there's likely more than meets the eye.

That reporter didn't even comment that they attempted to contact Cleo ...doesn't that seem odd ...whether or not she responsed?

Anyhow, lost of unanswered questions.

Dan, The reporter stated that Carroll's family said that all Carroll's money is locked up with the foundation, but somehow I do not think this is true. I have a feeling this is not just about where Carroll will be laid to rest.

At the end of the day it seems most things come down to the almighty dollar. This is sad but in no way takes away from the man and his accomplishments. Hope they figure it out and it sounds like he should have sent her packing long ago...

At the end of the day it seems most things come down to the almighty dollar. This is sad but in no way takes away from the man and his accomplishments. Hope they figure it out and it sounds like he should have sent her packing long ago...

Don’t flame me for this BUT, all this talk about how Carroll asked for a Divorce back in 2010 because She lied about Her Past and who she is and other stuff seems kind of odd to me. I have seen, where older people, around Carroll’s age, have done this same thing, only because they hit with a mental condition that comes and go’s. Like Dementia:

“Dementia is not a specific disease. It is a descriptive term for a collection of symptoms that can be caused by a number of disorders that affect the brain. People with dementia have significantly impaired intellectual functioning that interferes with normal activities and relationships. They also lose their ability to solve problems and maintain emotional control, and they may experience personality changes and behavioral problems such as agitation, delusions, and hallucinations. While memory loss is a common symptom of dementia, memory loss by itself does not mean that a person has dementia. Doctors diagnose dementia only if two or more brain functions - such as memory, language skills, perception, or cognitive skills including reasoning and judgment - are significantly impaired without loss of consciousness.

There are many disorders that can cause dementia. Some, such as AD, lead to a progressive loss of mental functions. But other types of dementia can be halted or reversed with appropriate treatment.

With AD and many other types of dementia, disease processes cause many nerve cells to stop functioning, lose connections with other neurons, and die. In contrast, normal aging does not result in the loss of large numbers of neurons in the brain.”

Carroll has had a LOT of Health problems over the Years and a lot just over the last Decade, including Cancer. All I am saying is, Cleo very well could be a Saint here, standing by Her Man thru these rough and tough times of Carroll’s Health over the last few Years.

I don't think it takes away from HIM (Shelby) at all. I think it takes away from the people around him.

I've seen this kind of thing happen more times than not and it's sickening to me.

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this is still going on and the end is still weeks out.

http://www.freep.com...dispute-custody

Okay, this makes a lot more sense. His son is saying Shelby signed the document in the days or weeks just prior to his death. Cleo would be right that he didn't have the ability to do so, AT THAT TIME.

The other reports made it sound like he signed it a long time ago.

AND...if she has Power of Atty., it doesn't matter if or when he filed for divorce or whether she's his wife, legal or otherwise.

POA is hers until he recinds it or he gives someone else POA.

But yes, it is sad indeed. And it's starting to look like the "Bad Guy" is his son/s, not Cleo.

Phill

Okay, this makes a lot more sense. His son is saying Shelby signed the document in the days or weeks just prior to his death. Cleo would be right that he didn't have the ability to do so, AT THAT TIME.

The other reports made it sound like he signed it a long time ago.

AND...if she has Power of Atty., it doesn't matter if or when he filed for divorce or whether she's his wife, legal or otherwise.

POA is hers until he recinds it or he gives someone else POA.

But yes, it is sad indeed. And it's starting to look like the "Bad Guy" is his son/s, not Cleo.

Phill

This does make it appear that way.

Update:

http://autos.aol.com...test=latestnews

According to this most recent article CS signed an affidavit on February 8 of this year to have his ashes divided between his three children and to have the remainder buried with his parents.

Usually when such a document is signed it is prefaced with "I (name) being of sound mind and body, ........The statement is usually drafted by his attorney and attested to by witnesses. I would think CS and his attorney would have had supporting medical statements to support such a claim.

CS was very crafty and knowledgable when it came to civil law and attorneys. He had an extensive use of attorneys throughout the years.

I don't see how anything reported to date paints one side or the other as 'the bad guy'. What it does look like is that no one outside of the family has the complete story.

I would assume that Carroll had converstations with Cleo while his sons were not present and converstations with his sons while Cleo was not present and that it is the topics of those converstations and actions taken based on those converstations that are being disputed. As in most disputes neither side is 100% right or 100% wrong and that the truth is some between the two.

I simply hope it's resolved sooner than later.

I don't see how anything reported to date paints one side or the other as 'the bad guy'. What it does look like is that no one outside of the family has the complete story.

I would assume that Carroll had converstations with Cleo while his sons were not present and converstations with his sons while Cleo was not present and that it is the topics of those converstations and actions taken based on those converstations that are being disputed. As in most disputes neither side is 100% right or 100% wrong and that the truth is some between the two.

I simply hope it's resolved sooner than later.

+1...

I based my comment primarily on the reported date that his son claims he had the directive signed.

I know a little about Carroll's health at the time and I agree with Cleo...Ain't NO WAY Carroll Shelby was compentent enough OR able bodied enough to sign such a legally binding document.

Phill

Sure is a lot of speculating going on. Lol.

(null)

That's about all we can do LOL...as well as hope it works out for the best for all parties involved....

Archived