TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby - Wife vs. Kids in WAR Over Auto Legend's Body

Grabber

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one to wonder if her statement is true (Now Cleo claims the signature on the document is forged, adding he didn't have the "physical capacity or eyesight" necessary to read or sign the doc), how did he sign all those items for all of us? Either she is caught in a lie, or else ............?

Kinda strange, and very sad.

I heard about the strife from many members over the last 6 months but have not seen the media talking about it until now.

The only thing I can say is, don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

TMZ is "Tabloid Media" and we all know the Tabloids NEVER get anything wrong....

However, that is a very interesting article. I too picked up on the alleged statement that Shelby wasn't physically or mentally capable of signing his name. I've seen Media interviews with Shelby alert and somewhat healthy although I did notice his physical condition deteriate over time.

Phill

Absolutely!

Where is love and respect in all this?

As you know greed, divorce and strife are not just limited to plain folk. This is normal stuff in this day and age. Sad.

Guy was pretty good with cars but had a very screwed up personal life. This is just the start as more lawsuits will be coming out of the wood work wanting this and that from his estate. It is going to be held up in court for years. Too bad he did not get his legal affairs in order before he went but Shelby did like the younger ladies. Hate to see the poor guys name being dragged through the mud like it is going to but it cannot be helped when you leave things open even one little bit.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/carroll-shelby-body-limbo-due-family-legal-fight-185316313.html

Michael, I agree with you to a point. If its being discussed on other sites and it involves Shelby, I dont think we can just keep it off the boards realistically though.

All I ask is everyone show some respect before they post a response on this matter. That said, it is hardly any business of mine, and I have nothing to publicly add either way.

Am I the only one to wonder if her statement is true (Now Cleo claims the signature on the document is forged, adding he didn't have the "physical capacity or eyesight" necessary to read or sign the doc), how did he sign all those items for all of us? Either she is caught in a lie, or else ............?

Kinda strange, and very sad.

We've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, haven't we? Turns out there may be several more to be accounted for.

I'd have to know what the date on the alleged transfer of power document before having an opinion about whether or not he could have done it.

This was on here by someone else and it disappered......

I suggest you remove this and we all honor the legend and let the heirs work this out privately

Censorship?

On Team Shelby?

NEVER!!

:hysterical:

:lastyear:

This is crazy... Let the man rest in peace.

Agree

Michael, I agree with you to a point. If its being discussed on other sites and it involves Shelby, I dont think we can just keep it off the boards realistically though.

All I ask is everyone show some respect before they post a response on this matter. That said, it is hardly any business of mine, and I have nothing to publicly add either way.

Very well put Warren. It's out there and can't be stopped so hopefully everyone will follow your words.

I have been reading the autobiography that just came out. It seems that Carroll Shelby was a very colorful man in many ways. While we respect and mourn the genius that he obviously was in so many different areas, that doesn't change some of the other less desirable characteristics he portrayed. As the saying goes, what is, is. He was a very intelligent person and it fell on his shoulders to have his affairs in order-he was on borrowed time for a very long time. People should never leave loose ends or problems for those they leave behind.

It's too bad someone didn't make sure that Carroll's affairs were in proper order with regards to an updated will!!!!!!!! Most of us are getting to that age when an updated will is really necessary to make sure that there will be few probs with the estate. Just a warning to all of us baby boomers out there with a family, Avoid any problems afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, this finally provides the answer to my question of a couple of weeks ago...where is Carroll Shelby buried?

Hopefully neither of the parties involved wants the body for monetary (greed) reasons but my gut tells me otherwise.

The only thing I can say is, don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

TMZ is "Tabloid Media" and we all know the Tabloids NEVER get anything wrong....

However, that is a very interesting article. I too picked up on the alleged statement that Shelby wasn't physically or mentally capable of signing his name. I've seen Media interviews with Shelby alert and somewhat healthy although I did notice his physical condition deteriate over time.

Phill

...was exactly my thought, Phil.

...and Cleo is his estranged wife? Since when? She's been with him thru thick and thin..

Sad how you can say anything you want about someone after they're departed.

I can understand differning opinions between family and Cleo re where he would be laid to rest.

---

I also I did notice some very unusual trademark filing changes while Carroll was in the hospital ...trying to reassign GT500 first use to a much earlier date with a reason stating it was a simple mistake :shades: ...maybe it was but seems a strange time to notice that. Also, it was not signed by Carroll but via power of attorney -- both for the submission and the validation ...and tho separate POAs ...alos seemed strange. Dunno why or if it's legit but it struck me as very odd.

I hope the thread will remain and be updated only so that we can be kept apprised of the situation. Most of us do not resort to TMZ or other sites on a daily basis. Hopefully no one has any "morbid" interest in this but rather only a curiosity about a very public figure. Most people on this site were always very curious about CS and wish him and his family the best. And we hope that the end result is what CS would want to happen.

Well...if something is not going on like TMZ alludes to, or similar to, where is Carroll Shelby buried...or if he is not buried, I wonder why?

Personally, I think this is only the tip of the iceberg...

There were many accusations over the years regarding personal, business and charity dealings etc. and now that the man can no longer defend himself the vultures have already began to circle.

Everyone and their dog will be trying to secure a piece of the estate since the hand that fed them is gone and the tales from the crypt will be on the front page of every tabloid.

If this is true..this is a shameful and disgusting way leaving this automotive legend in "cold storage" like a piece of beef whilst these jackals fight over the scraps

They are not fighting over his " body" I mean really...do they think us fools.......they are fighting over control of the estate....what's next....a BJ auction for his remains......

Lay the man to rest, then do what ever stupid legal thing you feel suits your situation because at the end of the day...only the lawyers get rich off situations like these.

Archived