TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Different Wheels?

KR_Mac

I was thinking of getting the new 2013 set up of (20/19) black wheels for the KR (Black/Black) or some other kind. I wanted to originally get some 20" Supersnake style wheels but it seems they don't make them anymore or i could be wrong. Any ideas if they still make the SS styles and what do you think of the 2013 set up for our KR's. Also Anyone got some pics of diff wheels on the KR. Just trying to get an idea... the big reason is to save the KR wheels... these will be hard to replace in the future, thanks

KR_Mac

Just my opinion, but the only wheels I would have switched the OEM KR for are the Alcoa 20"s, which is what I actually did. Besides the fact that I really like the look of the Alcoa 20"s, the fact that these were the wheels originally used on the KR prototype and that they are made exclusively for Shelby by the same manufacturer as the OEM wheels factored in my decision, plus the fact that I also wanted to protect my OEM 18" Alcoas. In other words, I don't feel these wheels are "out of place" on a KR, which is how I would feel about any other wheels. I know that the SS style wheels are out of production and almost impossible to find now; however, if you keep looking, you may find from time to time someone willing to part with a set on this forum or on Ebay.

While I do love the look of the 20" Alcoa wheels, I think that they're way too heavy for a performance car that does anything but cruise or show. When I'm due for a tire replacement, I'll be wanting these CCW wheels in 18" sizes:

photo_1000x1000.jpg

1-1024.jpg

I believe they're lighter in 18" than the stock KR wheels, not heavier. Heavy wheels are not your friend. Also, the fewer spokes, the easier to keep clean... :)

The CCW Wheels (old lugs/comment) look great, they look like the right size and wide tires in the pic. The True forged "COMPETITION style" (El Shelby/comment) are something to think about also... they both look great and probably easier to get a set and replacement if needed. The 20" Alcoa's def belongs to the KR like the original prototype when it was first announced.... they should of made a KR version and for us to choose on 18's or 20's.

The 20" Alcoa's def belongs to the KR like the original prototype when it was first announced.... they should of made a KR version and for us to choose on 18's or 20's.

+1 :yup:

The only different wheel that I would put on my KR would be the 20" Alcoa.

Alcoa and Shelby are leaving alot of money on the table by not producing these wheels again. :spend:

Thanks for the nice comments 08KR525.

I'm very happy with the look of the HRE wheels - lots options to chose when ordering them. The HRE's are 20" x 9.5" (front) and 20" x 10.5" (rear) and allow me to run Pirelli Pzero Nero's 275/30/20 (front) and 305/30/20 (rear). No problems with any rubbing.

I also bought the 20" Alcoas, but due to the offset, I couldn't run with a wider tire in the rear. Shelby recommened 275's as the max out back with 20" Alcoas - but that's narrower than stock! I still have the 20" Alcoas (and also the original 18" KR's of course), but I have never had the 20" Alcoas on the car. l just kept them to have another option to change the look for the show & shines if I want to. They do look great, and are the same as those on the show car they introduced in New York back in 2007. But I have 640 hp /575 lb.ft. at the rear wheels, so they aren't very practical, I just couldn't get enough rubber on the road if I used them.

I was thinking of getting the new 2013 set up of (20/19) black wheels for the KR (Black/Black) or some other kind. I wanted to originally get some 20" Supersnake style wheels but it seems they don't make them anymore or i could be wrong. Any ideas if they still make the SS styles and what do you think of the 2013 set up for our KR's. Also Anyone got some pics of diff wheels on the KR. Just trying to get an idea... the big reason is to save the KR wheels... these will be hard to replace in the future, thanks

KR_Mac

I just posted 20" Alcoas for sale in the GT500 classified section today, if interested. I liked the True Forged Chicanes for the KR. Very sweet!!

• 1 month later...

The Alcoas (shelbypt) posted up are sweet but to much $$$ for me at the moment.... heres another wheel I was considering, what do you guys think of 20x8.5 front/20x10 back Di Forza BM4? Whats safe for the offset on these wheels... 40 - 45 - 48 ? Also was thinking 255/35/20 and 285/30/20 or 275/35/20? tried to post a pic of the DI Forza BM4 in black... having a are time LOL

I also bought the 20" Alcoas, but due to the offset, I couldn't run with a wider tire in the rear. Shelby recommened 275's as the max out back with 20" Alcoas - but that's narrower than stock!

First of all, those HRE's look awesome on your car!! I thought I'd let everyone know that I am running 295 30's on my KR with no problems.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

After years of waiting patiently :baby: ... I finally ordered True Forged Super Sport Wheels in Brushed Center and Polished Lip clear coated all around 20x9 (265/35/20) and 20x10.5 (305/35/20). I noticed they were similar between the alcoa style and new super snake wheels deep dish but not angled).

I couldnt wait for Alcoa's to possibly be sold at a reasonable price. All very high priced wherever and I only seen 50th Ann/super snake markings so those wont go on a 40th Ann KR. Plus I like having more rubber on the road like shelbypt's HRE wheels. Now I can save the original KR wheels!

post-25645-0-62375200-1373902269_thumb.jpg

post-25645-0-62375200-1373902269_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer the vossen cv3's

Bad co,

The Vossen cv3's are nice but I wanted a to stick to the KR lineage look. So it was either ALCOA's (impossible- people asking way to much, and I only see super snake and 50th) I have the 40th Ann KR so that would be weird. So I chose the next best thing and with better ofset for more rubber on the road.

Here is a quick pic...

IMG_1609copy_zpsdf83bd30.jpg

Bad co,

The Vossen cv3's are nice but I wanted a to stick to the KR lineage look. So it was either ALCOA's (impossible- people asking way to much, and I only see super snake and 50th) I have the 40th Ann KR so that would be weird. So I chose the next best thing and with better ofset for more rubber on the road.

Here is a quick pic...

Those look Great on your KR! Nice choice! Enjoy...................

Bad co,

Here is a quick pic...

Ill say it again, that is one of the best looking KR setup's I've seen. Tires look spot-on as well. I'm trying to talk our GM into 20's for his KR, would you mind telling me what tire/size you decided on? Im guessing 255/20 and 285/20.

Ill say it again, that is one of the best looking KR setup's I've seen. Tires look spot-on as well. I'm trying to talk our GM into 20's for his KR, would you mind telling me what tire/size you decided on? Im guessing 255/20 and 285/20.

HyperStangs,

I went with 9" front (265/35/20) and 10.5 rear (305/35/20). Nice set up and alot of rubber on the road without rubbing issues (none at all) or modification to the KR suspension.

btw i like your FB page!!!

Mac

HyperStangs,

I went with 9" front (265/35/20) and 10.5 rear (305/35/20). Nice set up and alot of rubber on the road without rubbing issues (none at all) or modification to the KR suspension.

btw i like your FB page!!!

Mac

P-Zero's then?

I just posted 20" Alcoas for sale in the GT500 classified section today, if interested. I liked the True Forged Chicanes for the KR. Very sweet!!

+1 on the Chicanes... but I'm biased.

Archived