TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT350 5.0L Valve Coil Covers

Staff

Shelby GT350 5.0L Valve Coil Covers

Clean up your engine bay with these brand new Shelby GT350 coil covers. Made from high quality steel they are chrome plated then powder coated in either red, blue, or black wrinkle. They are a direct replacement for your plastic covers that come from Ford originally.

Z37-S11M-6067-350-2.jpg

Z37-S11M-6067-350-3.jpg

Z37-S11M-6067-350-4.jpg

Applications:

2011-2013 Mustang GT

2011-2012 Shelby GT350

Notes:

Includes gaskets.

Sold as a pair.

Release date:

New product release: 01 June 12

Made in the U.S.A.

Click here to learn more.

Please forgive me for saying so....I do not own a GT350, but if I did, I would be furious seeing this. Believe me, I understand the cost of doing business...making parts and keeping the production costs in check to be able to produce small amounts of them, but some things are just sacred and this just waters down the purity of those guys that all bought GT350's in good faith from SAI.

It's a tad different being able to buy parts for the GT500 (IMO), because that car was waaayy overbuilt and was watered down by itself because of that alone.

Will you be offering the front and rear fascias for the 350's next??? :lurk:

:nonono:

Chris Hall

This is no different from what Shelby did HISTORICALLY since 1962.

I probably have the largest collection of parts data outside of Ford and and tell you that during the 1960s, Shelby and Ford sold everything for the GT350 and GT500s, except the CSM numbers, including the badging.

Today, we're a little more reserved because we carry on that same tradition, however, do not sell the CSM numbers or badging.

Adding a few pieces doesn't make a Mustang into a Shelby - there are distinct differences between the two.

Robert-

I am a lifelong Ford and Shelby enthusiast...please do not take this as a slam to the overall entity of Shelby American. In fact, I was at a local gathering here in NJ the other night watching Carroll's tribute simulcast with fellow Team Shelby members on a big screen. I am only saying what came to mind immediately after reading this post this afternoon. The GT500's of yore are a totally different animal...those cars were limited as well as the 350's. Today's GT500 being built overbuilt in FlatRock leaves just a very small handfull of Shelby massaged / enhanced cars that should not be able to have anykind of cloning going on with them. The automotive after-market has changed drastically as well from forty years ago...nowadays, a clone is the first thing anyone thinks of doing to their car. You see evidence of it everyday on Ebay!

I am sorry Robert, but there should be NO QUESTION at a car show if a Shelby truly IS a Shelby.

Respectfully,

Chris (BIKEBOY) :salute:

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing.

You could get Cobra valve covers and air cleaners for any ole' Ford V-8 back in the day. Why should today be any different?

Heck, if I were Shelby American I'd be selling the GT350 panels and body work too.

Like Robert says, it ain't a GT350 without a genuine CSM#.

Same goes for the Super Snake parts...SA sells pretty much everything you need for a SS sans the CSM numbered items and as I've said many times before, anyone with a buck can get anything they want made.

It's the Shelby American REGISTRY that'll get you every time.

Phill

Robert-

I am a lifelong Ford and Shelby enthusiast...please do not take this as a slam to the overall entity of Shelby American. In fact, I was at a local gathering here in NJ the other night watching Carroll's tribute simulcast with fellow Team Shelby members on a big screen. I am only saying what came to mind immediately after reading this post this afternoon. The GT500's of yore are a totally different animal...those cars were limited as well as the 350's. Today's GT500 being built overbuilt in FlatRock leaves just a very small handfull of Shelby massaged / enhanced cars that should not be able to have anykind of cloning going on with them. The automotive after-market has changed drastically as well from forty years ago...nowadays, a clone is the first thing anyone thinks of doing to their car. You see evidence of it everyday on Ebay!

I am sorry Robert, but there should be NO QUESTION at a car show if a Shelby truly IS a Shelby.

Respectfully,

Chris (BIKEBOY) :salute:

I don't take this as a slam. It is important for all of us to speak up when we think that the brand is being compromised.

We have to make a tough call when making branded parts with specific names on them (GT500, GT500KR, SuperSnake, GT350) available through SPP. What we try to do is only make factory original parts available to owners and then make something different available to the aftermarket. For example, we do not sell the factory GT350 coil covers to anyone, unless they own an original GT350. Even then, we'd only make them available via warranty and require the original ones back.

These coil covers are not something that come original on the GT350. This is really a departure from what was done during the 1960s and 1970s through Shelby. In fact, you can build a clone 1965-1970 Shelby with relative ease, however, it's much harder to do so with today's models. Some parts are available for the GT500 SuperSnake, but not enough to fool anyone.

There are a few key factors that really protect this brand:

1. Stopping counterfeit parts. When you e-mail me a link or post it here, I contact licensing immediately and they are really good about taking action. Team Shelby - every employee, owner, fan and enthusiast are vanguards of the brand.

2. The Shelby registry is the end stop gap. If it 'ain't real, it's not in the registry.

Branded parts, clones or tributes do not demenish the value of original cars. In fact I would argue they do the exact opposite by generating recognition and excitement for the originals.

The only time there is an issue is when someone attempts to pass one of these clones off as an original or tries to leverage the Shelby brand for their own gain.

I probably have the largest collection of parts data outside of Ford and and tell you that during the 1960s, Shelby and Ford sold everything for the GT350 and GT500s, except the CSM numbers, including the badging.

Today, we're a little more reserved because we carry on that same tradition, however, do not sell the CSM numbers or badging.

Adding a few pieces doesn't make a Mustang into a Shelby - there are distinct differences between the two.

+1 :rockon:

I think some of this stuff should be offered like the KR parts were offered. If you have the csm number and can verify it you can order these parts. I realize that is the way it is for the stock coil covers but these should be the same way. Offered as an upgrade for GT350 owners. I just think it would be ashame to see some GT350 valve covers on a stock 5.0. Granted most people would be able to tell a difference but not all. To me the GT350 is absolutely beautiful and should be an exclusive car. Which should also include exclusive parts. I think I could speak for a lot of us in saying that we would be completely disgusted seeing those on a 5.0 that is NOT a GT350.

Branded parts, clones or tributes do not demenish the value of original cars. In fact I would argue they do the exact opposite by generating recognition and excite for the originals.

The only time there is an issue is when someone attempts to pass one of these clones off as an original or tries to leverage the Shelby brand for their own gain.

I FULLY AGREE!

I think some of this stuff should be offered like the KR parts were offered. If you have the csm number and can verify it you can order these parts. I realize that is the way it is for the stock coil covers but these should be the same way. Offered as an upgrade for GT350 owners. I just think it would be ashame to see some GT350 valve covers on a stock 5.0. Granted most people would be able to tell a difference but not all. To me the GT350 is absolutely beautiful and should be an exclusive car. Which should also include exclusive parts. I think I could speak for a lot of us in saying that we would be completely disgusted seeing those on a 5.0 that is NOT a GT350.

This really was the root of my post.....

I'm done now... B)

The covers look awesome Robert! :rockon:

Time for guys like you to chill and understand that this is nothing new and actually a part of the Shelby business model and that aspect being the sale of parts. The Shelby organization competes in a seriously tough market place and needs any and every chance to achieve sales and ultimate survival. The meatheads here who preach their "exclusivity" nonsense should remind or familiarize themselves with the fact that others in the car business engage in this type of parts sales. A Corvette enthusiast can buy any component for a ZR1 he desires. A Camaro fan can buy parts originally intended for a ZL1 or go full boat and purchase what is needed to do an outright clone. The self appointed purist police of the automotive world can just get over it because the market exists and those in the business with the will to survive will service it. Shelby is doing nothing wrong. They should be applauded for their continued efforts!

I agree - first and foremost, we want Shelby American to do well and survive. This benefits all of us. The real Shelby's can always be distinguished from the fakes.

I agree - first and foremost, we want Shelby American to do well and survive. This benefits all of us. The real Shelby's can always be distinguished from the fakes.

Yes, absolutely. Shelby has put together some great stuff. Just had a chance to look over a 2011 GT350 at a local car cruise. Holy crap is that a bad ass piece. The car is to die for. It would be interesting to know what it would cost to clone the car minus the interior stuff. The GTs are pretty cheap on the used market now.

Yes the parts sales is what helps keep Shelby alive. But you got to realize clones can also hurt the image of Shelby. Some clones can be done very well and some are just plain terrible. And that is not always true that real ones can be distinguished from the clones. A guy I know had a 66 GT that was cloned to a GT350 inside and out. If you didn't find out it wasn't real you have no idea. Also the GT350 is a car you order and wait a long time to get. Not a car you go and find on the Ford lot. Therefore it is exclusive whether you think it is or not. There is nothing wrong with people being concerned about ridiculous clones popping up due to certain parts being available. Robert has asked for people to voice their concerns and that is exactly what people should do. Not just sit here quite if their concerned about the brand.

Yes the parts sales is what helps keep Shelby alive. But you got to realize clones can also hurt the image of Shelby. Some clones can be done very well and some are just plain terrible. And that is not always true that real ones can be distinguished from the clones. A guy I know had a 66 GT that was cloned to a GT350 inside and out. If you didn't find out it wasn't real you have no idea. Also the GT350 is a car you order and wait a long time to get. Not a car you go and find on the Ford lot. Therefore it is exclusive whether you think it is or not. There is nothing wrong with people being concerned about ridiculous clones popping up due to certain parts being available. Robert has asked for people to voice their concerns and that is exactly what people should do. Not just sit here quite if their concerned about the brand.

I like you '05...

:salute:

Maybe it's the Az. connection? :lurk:

Thanks Bikeboy. It just makes sense to voice your opinion if you see something that could possibly hurt the Shelby brand rather than keep your mouth shut and not anything. Not trying to look down on people who do have clones thats fine. But a lot of people who do own clones CAN pass them off as a real Shelby. And that's sad.

There are more clones, kit cars, tributes, or whatever you wanna call them of the 60s Shelby stuff than there are genuine units. Have they hurt the value of the real ones?

No, in fact it’s the opposite.

The Cobra is the most cloned car in the history of the world. Their value continues to skyrocket.

No, in fact it’s the opposite.

The Cobra is the most cloned car in the history of the world. Their value continues to skyrocket.

Exactly! Unfortunately this thread is full of idiots who get a major wedgy over valve covers and aren't capable of understanding this. How hard is it to comprehend the fact that copying or cloning validates the high level of interest and desireability.

Exactly! Unfortunately this thread is full of idiots who get a major wedgy over valve covers and aren't capable of understanding this.

DUDE!

Disagreeing with someone is fine but to revert to name calling? Meathead, idiot, etc. That's just uncalled for.

Disagree all you want but PLEASE keep it civil!

Thank you,

Phill

DUDE!

Disagreeing with someone is fine but to revert to name calling? Meathead, idiot, etc. That's just uncalled for.

Disagree all you want but PLEASE keep it civil!

Thank you,

Anyone who slams Shelby for selling valve covers is a meathead. Sorry if that is not palatable for your sensitive mind set. Good to see that you have appointed yourself as the master of civility here.

Phill

Anyone who slams Shelby for selling valve covers is a meathead. Sorry if that is not palatable for your sensitive mind set. Good to see that you have appointed yourself as the master of civility here.

I suppose I shouldn't have expected any different from you....

"Sometimes it is best to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

You're welcome,

Phill

I suppose I shouldn't have expected any different from you....

"Sometimes it is best to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

You're welcome,

Phill

So someone who accuses SAI of degrading the value of their vehicles by selling valve covers has a valid point in your mind?

So someone who accuses SAI of degrading the value of their vehicles by selling valve covers has a valid point in your mind?

"Sometime it is best to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

That is really deep man. It must be glorious being you.

"Sometimes IT IS BEST TO KEEP ONES MOUTH SHUT and be thought a fool RATHER THAN TO OPEN ONES MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT!"

Now, stop being a damn fool before I lower myself to your level and trash your stOOpid ass.

Better?

Phill

"Sometimes IT IS BEST TO KEEP ONES MOUTH SHUT and be thought a fool RATHER THAN TO OPEN ONES MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT!"

Now, stop being a damn fool before I lower myself to your level and trash your stOOpid ass.

Better?

Phill

Lower yourself? Wow, sounds like someone has themselves on a pedestal. Not tough to imagine judging from the self praising nature of your other posts. Hope you are comfortable up there pal. Watch your step, that first one is a bitch.

Archived