TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Hood Complete!

rjm-1

Thanks to all who answered questions as I completed this project. The hood had quite a few fitment issues but nothing that couldn't be overcome. By the time I brought it to the painter he said it was one of the best fitting fiberglass hood he ever seen. The hood actually required shimming the back up 3/8", slotting and extending the hinges to bring it forward about 1/4" and slotting the latch mechanism to allow the front of the hood to drop abou 3/8". I actually had to have extension pieces welded to the end of the hinges to make them long enough. I also figured while he was mixing paint, might as well add the side scoops! BTW, the stripe material I purchased thru VinylGraphics (manufactured by ORACAL) was an exact match. Thank again for all the help! Rich

IMG_2346.jpgIMG_2350.jpgIMG_2351.jpgIMG_2354.jpgIMG_2355.jpgIMG_2306.jpg

Congrats on the SS hood & the side scoops they look absolutely awesome. From what the results look like it seems it was worth all the fitment issues you encountered.

BTW - Love the body color with the black strips.

Cheers,

Ray

• 3 years later...

Thanks to all who answered questions as I completed this project. The hood had quite a few fitment issues but nothing that couldn't be overcome. By the time I brought it to the painter he said it was one of the best fitting fiberglass hood he ever seen. The hood actually required shimming the back up 3/8", slotting and extending the hinges to bring it forward about 1/4" and slotting the latch mechanism to allow the front of the hood to drop abou 3/8". I actually had to have extension pieces welded to the end of the hinges to make them long enough. I also figured while he was mixing paint, might as well add the side scoops! BTW, the stripe material I purchased thru VinylGraphics (manufactured by ORACAL) was an exact match. Thank again for all the help! Rich

IMG_2346.jpgIMG_2350.jpgIMG_2351.jpgIMG_2354.jpgIMG_2355.jpgIMG_2306.jpg

Was this a TruFiber Hood ? Doing this hood change right now. Who did you use for the stripe ?

Thanks,

I believe he mentioned it is an original SS hood. I just went through the same upgrade (and same color). That Vapor is a beast to match, it has some strong flake and will flop at different angles and look darker or lighter. Had to do it several times with a PPG regional rep helping with the mix, interesting process but turned out awesome in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived