TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New ZL1 FS at MSRP

LuckySnake

I saw this car yesterday at 174 N Dupont Hwy, New Castle DE. Chris Strader was the sales guy and he seems like a straight shooter. The car is simply amazing. 57K sticker and he has a little wiggle room. I know this is FORD Forum but we are mostly car guys first and this is one bad azz machine FS at a no BS dealer. Flame Suite on but what ever, this is not a sipping tea car and if you get the chance to look at one up close, I would do it. I may buy one after comparing closely to the BOSS for myself, for one thing it doesn't have the same steering and front end as the six banger or any other model for that matter.

I saw this car yesterday at 174 N Dupont Hwy, New Castle DE. Chris Strader was the sales guy and he seems like a straight shooter. The car is simply amazing. 57K sticker and he has a little wiggle room. I know this is FORD Forum but we are mostly car guys first and this is one bad azz machine FS at a no BS dealer. Flame Suite on but what ever, this is not a sipping tea car and if you get the chance to look at one up close, I would do it. I may buy one after comparing closely to the BOSS for myself, for one thing it doesn't have the same steering and front end as the six banger or any other model for that matter.

I am sorry, but the new Camaro is and always has been ugly. In my opinion any way.

Very potent car for sure but the 2013 GT500 will be the quicker car. Based on testing numbers for both cars posted on the Car & Driver website, the Shelby has an edge in almost every measures, including 0-60, 1/4 mile, 70-0 braking and skidpad, except for the top gear 30-50 and 50-70 acceleration with the 0.50 overdrive 6th gear puts the Shelby at a disadvantage.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-test-review

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2012-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-test-review

As far as looks are concerned, I agree with the previous posters; I have seen the ZL1 live at an autoshow earlier this spring and its look is not my cup of tea, although I know this this is very subjective. The ZL1 definitely is an excellent car; Ford just happened to build a better one.

I guess I'm one of the few that actually like the exterior of the Camaro and particularly the ZL1. It's the interior that turns me off though it does look better in person than in photos. I wouldn't mind owning the ZL1 just not over BOSS or any other Shelby.

Owning Camaro would be like switch from my right hand to my left. It's still fees good, just not as good as can be with the right.

Owning Camaro would be like switch from my right hand to my left. It's still fees good, just not as good as can be with the right.

Like having sex with a drunk stranger <LOL>

Phill

I guess I'm one of the few that actually like the exterior of the Camaro and particularly the ZL1. It's the interior that turns me off though it does look better in person than in photos. I wouldn't mind owning the ZL1 just not over BOSS or any other Shelby.

I agree, with the exception of that UGLY Bowtie on the Front Grill, get Rid of that Ugly ass thing.

The interior is TERRIBLE and the Blind Spots are down right dangerous.

Imagine if Ford put that Big Round Ford Oval in the middle of the front Grill. LMAO, to me that is the same thing Chevy has done, absolutely Horrid.

But I do agree overall it is a nice car, but I would never buy it over the the new GT500.

I agree about the Grill. There is more than an upgraded engine, springs and struts to the car. I think it has a TVS SC on the 6.2 vette engine but I'm not sure what the cooling hoses are doing going to the SC as I saw and intercooler up front. The steering unit is unlike any other camaro I have seen and the IRS assy looked stout. When I sat in the car it definitly reminded me of the 69 Z28 , I like it. I don't think Ford would have steped up the game without the ZL1 coming to light. It's a bad boy and I want to read about the road course shoot outs between the ZL1, Boss and 013 GT500. I know the ZL1 is porky like the GT500.

I'm not a big fan of the 3:31 and tall azz 1st gear on the 013 GT500, why even have a six speed?

I agree about the Grill. There is more than an upgraded engine, springs and struts to the car. I think it has a TVS SC on the 6.2 vette engine but I'm not sure what the cooling hoses are doing going to the SC as I saw and intercooler up front. The steering unit is unlike any other camaro I have seen and the IRS assy looked stout. When I sat in the car it definitly reminded me of the 69 Z28 , I like it. I don't think Ford would have steped up the game without the ZL1 coming to light. It's a bad boy and I want to read about the road course shoot outs between the ZL1, Boss and 013 GT500. I know the ZL1 is porky like the GT500.

I'm not a big fan of the 3:31 and tall azz 1st gear on the 013 GT500, why even have a six speed?

I am with this guy THOSE CARS ARE AWESOME. I love the Trans Am Conversions as well. The interiors I don't care for because of the boxy gauges and gauge placement, it is a little sloppy in my opinion. The cars are nice though, very nostalgic!

I am with this guy THOSE CARS ARE AWESOME. I love the Trans Am Conversions as well. The interiors I don't care for because of the boxy gauges and gauge placement, it is a little sloppy in my opinion. The cars are nice though, very nostalgic!

I agree if they would have went with the Trans Am retro to look like the 1977 Bandit car it would have slod like hot cakes..still think the

Maro is an awesome car in it's own right though.

Archived