TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Southern Plains memorial poll - please respond

sportscars

We are working on the details of the Southern Plains memorial. Our very first thought was to hold it at the Carroll Shelby Automotive Technology school at Northeast Texas Community College between Dallas and Texarkana. In addition to this being his school, it is only about 20 miles from where he was born and where his ranch and Texas home are.

We think this is the most appropiate location, but we also understand that it may not be the most convenient for everyone. The response here, on other forums and on Facebook has been very supportive. We will be posting a full schedule and itinerary in the next day or two.

As you can imagine, it has been quite hectic to get all this together so quickly. I only ask for your understanding if the details seem a little slow to come to light. We are working very hard to make the Southern Plains region gathering a memorial deserving of Carroll Shelby and his legend.

Mt. Pleasent works for me and staying North (NEE) of Dallas will make it easier for those making a trip from neighboring states.. I assume we are still talking next Wednesday (5/30). As for the cost of the venue, it really depends on the cost. I'm most definitely willing to contribute to the cost.

Mt. Pleasent works for me and staying North (NEE) of Dallas will make it easier for those making a trip from neighboring states.. I assume we are still talking next Wednesday (5/30). As for the cost of the venue, it really depends on the cost. I'm most definitely willing to contribute to the cost.

Same for me.

Okay guys, we have decided that in our region, the only appropriate place to go is Carroll's home, East Texas. We Are awaiting final okay from the venue, but we are securing an auditorium in Mt. Pleasant, will meet there, do a memorial cruise through Leesburg, then back to our starting point for the service. I will get times and addresses out tomorrow, but that's the basic plan. I feel we owe this one thing to the memory of Carroll, so if you can make it, please come. I promise to make it a trip to remember, and in usual style, plan on having a couple surprises to really make it a great honor to the reason for our passion and leader of an industry. Once we get the details posted up, I will need simply a confirmation if you are coming. Look forward to sharing this most important moment for all our friends.

Warren

(null)

Okay guys, we have decided that in our region, the only appropriate place to go is Carroll's home, East Texas. We Are awaiting final okay from the venue, but we are securing an auditorium in Mt. Pleasant, will meet there, do a memorial cruise through Leesburg, then back to our starting point for the service. I will get times and addresses out tomorrow, but that's the basic plan. I feel we owe this one thing to the memory of Carroll, so if you can make it, please come. I promise to make it a trip to remember, and in usual style, plan on having a couple surprises to really make it a great honor to the reason for our passion and leader of an industry. Once we get the details posted up, I will need simply a confirmation if you are coming. Look forward to sharing this most important moment for all our friends.

Warren

(null)

Sounds like a perfect location to remember and celebrate the life of Carroll Shelby. :salute:

We're booked all day 5/30 and 31 with surgeries, so it looks doubtful for me to attend Mt Pleasant. How about something local here in San Antonio for those who can't travel far, but would like to show their respects?

I encourage those that can't make it to either watch the broadcast from your own computer, or get together with another that can't make it, but as this regional location is such short notice, you guys are on your own for getting another location.

(null)

Warren, are there any more details? Or, can you summarize the when, where, and what in one post? I'm relaying information to SCAT members and like to be able share all that is confirmed and available.

Our plan right now is to meet at North East Community College, (Carroll was a big contributor to the school, and they are not in session currently) at 5:30 pm Wednesday. We plan to drive somewhere to be determined for dinner, then a cruise through Leesburg, and back to the school auditorium before 8:55 for the rev tribute and memorial service.

Drinks and memories to be shared shortly after!

(null)

The San Antonio Shelby Club will have members leaving San Antonio on Wednesday, 30 May 2012 at 10:00 AM heading up I-35N for Dallas, than on to Mt Pleasant. if anyone would like to join us on the cruise up, please post your location and we will try to provide a time we could met along the way. If you could provide and exit number so we could be looking out for you that would also help. If you want to call me at 210-685-1612 we can work out a time and place also. We plan to arrive at the host hotel around 4:00 PM Look forward to meeting you along the way.

Tom Bader

SAShelby Club

210-685-1612

Ah, this I can expound on. Carroll requested certain people be a part of his memorial. The 30th was the only date all of these special friends and those he loved could get together. Agreed, this would have been much more convenient if it were on a weekend or a Friday or Monday, but if it means we have to do Wednesday to honor his wishes, I'm not gonna complain. If it were easy I was wanting, I just would have done a central Texas get together and asked the same of the other states. It's a 6 hour drive for us, and I don't even know anyone in East Texas to boot. But this is where Carroll was from, lived, passed, and assume is at rest. From a regional standpoint, it is square in the middle of our region, if not closer to you than me and most folks I know. I know Chris Carter is coming in from Ok, and would be nice to have some AR folks too!

(null)

Ah, this I can expound on. Carroll requested certain people be a part of his memorial. The 30th was the only date all of these special friends and those he loved get together.

Thanks for the back story and I wish could get the time off...I'll be there in spirit!

Hey TS Crew! Anything locked in on this event? I have 2 buddies coming with me. I just read the article posted above about the NTCC Campus meeting. Just want to make sure I go to the correct location.

Any help is appreciated.

Rob

That's the right location! We will meet in the parking lot and join up with others at the restaurant at 5:30. Cruise will be at 7-ish, 40 miles, be at campus by 8:40, rev salute at 8:55, then go into auditorium to view the memorial service. Many drinks there after...

(null)

Archived