TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby national memorial - May 30, 2012 4:55 pm

sportscars

UPDATE 5/24/12 3:30 pm cst

First - Please RSVP if you are going. I need an accurate headcount. You can RSVP on this thread, on the Texas Shelby & Boss facebook page or by PM'ing me here.

Second - Awesome news!!! The Carroll Shelby School of Automotive Technology has graciously agreed to host us at their campus!

The college is located just off I-30 in Mt. Pleasant between Dallas and Texarkana.

The details of the Carroll Shelby Texas Memorial are coming together nicely and I can relay most of them to you at this point.

The host hotel is the La Quinta Inn & Suites

1620 Rotan Road

Mount Pleasant, TX 75455

(903) 572-5514 - mention Shelby Memorial to get group discount

Schedule of events

(subject to change)

:

5:00 to 7:00pm Dinner at Two Senoritas Cantina - next to La Quinta

7:00 Leave for memorial cruise

8:30 Arrive at Northeast Texas College

8:55 Rev Your Engine salute to Carroll Shelby

9:00 Watch live memorial broadcast at the college

10:15 Broadcast over

10:20 Memorial toast of Carroll Shelby, his life & legacy, his charity and his cars!

While the times may change some, this is what we are shooting for.

I definitely plan on attending, but I am debating whether or not I should drive up in my Shelby or pull it up in a U-Haul trailer. I live in San Antonio so it would be about 270 miles each way. Anyone have any thoughts?

I definitely plan on attending, but I am debating whether or not I should drive up in my Shelby or pull it up in a U-Haul trailer. I live in San Antonio so it would be about 270 miles each way. Anyone have any thoughts?

Unless its hailing I would vote for driving it (hard :peelout: ), but I'm a drive it kind of guy!

In this case, the "Man" bulit the cars to be driven; You bought one, so drive it. I will bring out the "KR" because he a legend in our life time, and this is a way to honor him for what he has give us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE

Awesome news!!! The Carroll Shelby School of Automotive Technology has graciously agreed to host us at their campus! It is a bit longer of a drive, but I think it is well worth it - plus Carroll wanted his cars driven!

The college is located just off I-30 in Mt. Pleasant between Dallas and Texarkana.

While its not a done deal yet, I expect more info tomorrow or Thursday.

After looking through 09 Red's post I have updated the route to this http://g.co/maps/qhw9y. Since the event doesn't start until 8 or 10pm I plan on leaving San Antone @ about noon. I am more than willing to stop at certain points along the route to meet up with others.

Make sure when you get into the Dallas area you take I20 east to I635 to I30. Don't go thru the downtown Dallas area. And watch the speed limits on I30 east of Dallas. I30 is heavily patrolled thru Rockwall county and Hunt county.

The San Antonio Shelby Club is planning on leaving San Antonio at 10:00 AM from the Cowboy Dance Hall parking lot. This way we can check into the host hotel , have supper, and do the Cruise that Warren is setting up once we arrive. Hope to pick up other travelers along the way. If you would like to meet up with our group, just post on this site,or you can call me at 210-685-1612, and we can plan a place and time to met along the route.

Tom Bader

SAShelby Club

210-685-1612

Sean, any hotels in mind? I do not favor driving in the dark.

La Quinta Inn & Suites

Mt. Pleasant

1620 Rotan Ave

Mt. Pleasant, TX 75455

Phone: 1-903-572-5514

Tell them you are attending the Shelby Memorial for the group rate.

The SAShelby Club will be going straight up I-35 to just outside Dallas, than on to I-635 over to I-30 and on to Mt Pleasant. We will stop for gas in Waco which is about half way, and lunch stop around Dallas. If anyone has a better or shorter route let us know.

Tom

Sherri if you want to stay in SA on Tues night you can drive with us- we are leaving SA about 7:30 AM so Sean can check his cruise route early.

I would rather go with Tom at 10!

Thanks a bunch Lauren. I will meet you all in Dallas area :-)

The SAShelby Club will be going straight up I-35 to just outside Dallas, than on to I-635 over to I-30 and on to Mt Pleasant. We will stop for gas in Waco which is about half way, and lunch stop around Dallas. If anyone has a better or shorter route let us know.

Tom

Tom

Keep me in the loop for lunch. I will leave Houston about the same time. Check your pm.

Jeff, I'm not sure I understood your comment. This memorial was requested on Shelby American's behalf per Sharon, John Luft, and the Shelby family as a way to honor him. Each region was tasked on Monday to set up an event, and if Mt. Pleasant isn't smack in the middle of our region, it can't be 20 miles off excluding West TX El Paso. CSF and all aspects of Shelby are working on this. Sean is the Texas Coordinator and has the most experience setting up events of anyone save Mid-America, and has done a KILLER job getting the location and details done. Hope that answers any questions out there...

Thanks for being a part of this everyone. I'm sure our region is going to have a great turn out and something to be very proud of!

We just happen to be lucky to have his home in our region. I can't wait to see you all. I'm hearing we could have a hundred cars all said and done.

(null)

Sean, Myself and at least three additional SCAT members plan to attend. I have requested that any others planning to attend to notify me so I can pass along to you.

If you need names let me know and I'll send a DM.

Thanks,

Jason

Sean, Myself and at least three additional SCAT members plan to attend. I have requested that any others planning to attend to notify me so I can pass along to you. If you need names let me know and I'll send a DM. Thanks, Jason

Jason,

Thanks for the update! Do these numbers include Don Arnold?

Archived