TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ilmor's Mustang GT 5.0

ilmor

May be another week before mine is delivered. Problem is, I'll be away on vacation next week! So, it'll be two more weeks then...at least....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May be another week before mine is delivered. Problem is, I'll be away on vacation next week! So, it'll be two more weeks then...at least....

You can't even be around for your new car..... :finger:

:hysterical: :hysterical:

J/K Bob I'm happy for you.... :happy feet: until then.... :lurk:

I had a simiiar thing happen when my 2006 GT came in.

We were leaving for a 4x4 weekend in Pa. on a Wednesday. Salesmen calls the day we are leaving at 8 AM and tells me the car is being delivered as we are speaking on phone.

Now I start to try to figure out how to get there, sign all the papers, and get car home, get my work done and be ready to leave on vacation at 2PM.

Could not do it...Had to wait till Monday.

"Good things come to those who wait".

You can't even be around for your new car..... :finger:

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Yeah really! Sad, isn't it?

I'm still hoping to drive it to Tasca......

Yeah really! Sad, isn't it?

I'm still hoping to drive it to Tasca......

News?

You're gonna love the 5.0.

My '07 with the Vortech was harder to drive. At about 4k, it was like hitting the NOS button - all hell broke loose. This one is more predictable - it pulls strong up top - but it doesn't have that OMFG boost! :hysterical2:

Its getting closer!! It's in NJ!

In Transit Arrived Rail - Railcar # ETTX850547 (Norfolk Southern Corp )

Dorautram, NJ Aug-17-2012, 12:00 ET

Its getting closer!! It's in NJ!

In Transit Arrived Rail - Railcar # ETTX850547 (Norfolk Southern Corp )

Dorautram, NJ Aug-17-2012, 12:00 ET

:yahoo:

Hope you're enjoying your vacation Bob you certainly have beautiful weather for it. :) But don't let the Lions, Tigers & Bears get a hold of you :hysterical2: Cuz you'll have a gorgeous Mustang waiting for you. :happy feet:

:yahoo:

Hope you're enjoying your vacation Bob you certainly have beautiful weather for it. :) But don't let the Lions, Tigers & Bears get a hold of you :hysterical2: Cuz you'll have a gorgeous Mustang waiting for you. :happy feet:

....tell Secondo you want some 3:53 gears....

No Mustang yet, but our vacation will be shortened. My poor little daughter slipped on a rocky sloped corner with her bike and broke her wrist :-(

We spent yesterday afternoon in the ER, that was different!

No Mustang yet, but our vacation will be shortened. My poor little daughter slipped on a rocky sloped corner with her bike and broke her wrist :-(

We spent yesterday afternoon in the ER, that was different!

I'm sorry to hear that Bob, hope she's ok and heals quickly.

I'm sorry to hear that Bob, hope she's ok and heals quickly.

Thanks, Laurie. She's doing fine; just getting used to having a useless arm for awhile! Fortunately, it is the least severe type of fracture, where the bones are actually bent but not cracked. I had not heard of this before, but understand that it's fairly common with younger children.

+1

I've had to carry my 13 yr old daughter off the soccer field after a massive collision to get her to the car. ER visits are never any fun.

Glad to hear that she is going to be 100% in a short while and sorry that you had to cut the vacation short.

Here's to hoping the new car puts smiles on EVERYONE's face!

Andy.

Ouch!!!

Daughter is feeling better. Today we had to visit two more medical facilities; orthopedic & radiology. There is a crack in one bone, but no re-setting or surgery required (whew!)...and the cast will be put on next Friday...

Returning to topic...

Per my dealer yesterday..."The vehicle status still shows car, " In Transit Received - R 21 (United

Road Service ) Ramp 41, Newark, NJ Aug-22-2012, 00:00 ET". This is the

truck transport company that will deliver the car to the dealership. I

usually get a "heads-up" when it leaves the rail yard and truck starts out

on road, I have not receive a message yet. As the cars come off the train

and transitions to ground transportation they make sure all trucks are full

for delivery before coming to dealership. I would hope to see your Mustang

any day now (I need a message from them!!), this weekend, not sure at this

time. I'll watch and hopefully I get a "in-transport to dealership"

today/tomorrow."

She arrived at my dealer today! He sent me this photo...

7480b9a2b1e6f7d9cb54cc10ca910cee.jpg

Planning to pick it up tomorrow!!!!!

Definitely worth the wait, Congrats again Bob.... :happy feet: What a beauty.... :drop:

Congats you will really enjoy your new ride. There is nothing more exciting then picking up your new car!! This is a perfect daily driver. Like your options. Don't forget to remove the foam insert under the dash in the sound tube. Some people like the intake roar. Forget about sleeping tonight so just sleep in the car.

Is the sound tube foam intended to be removed - of is this something that some guys do as a mod for more rumble?

Is the sound tube foam intended to be removed - of is this something that some guys do as a mod for more rumble?

Just more intake sound. Some people like it some don't. It is so easy to remove and put back in. Just need needle nose pliers.

Archived