TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ilmor's Mustang GT 5.0

ilmor

I ordered my new daily driver this morning!! :happy feet:

IMG_0262.png

Here are the specs:

2013 Mustang GT Premium Coupe

(view all standard & optional equipment)

Black exterior

Charcoal Black interior w/ Cashmere Accent

Leather trimmed sport bucket seats

6-speed automatic

Package 401A (premier trim w/ color accent)

Reverse sensing system & security package

Glass Roof

Coupe Acc. Pkg. 1 - Quarter window louvers & side scoops

18" polished aluminum wheels

Electronics Package (Voice-Activated Navigation System, HD Radio/Shaker Audio, Dual-Zone Autom. Temp Control

Driver & Passenger heated seats

Comfort Package (6-way power passenger seat, heated seats, heated ext. mirrors w/ Pony projection lights)

All weather floor mats

Rear video camera

SYNC with AppLink

Bad News - 8 to 10 week wait!! :( Oh, and also my wife tells me its "OUR Mustang"... :hysterical2:

This was our test drive vehicle - a 6 speed GT

IMG_0270.jpg

It was a gourgeous day out also!

IMG_0269.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. One thing very interesting to me also today - I test drove the new 5.0, including accelerating onto the interstate, etc., and it was very nice and of course very powerful. It'll make an awesome DD and "boulevard cruiser" / muscle car.

After I came home, later in the afternoon, I took my Shelby GT for a drive. I then realized how much more racy / race-car like? the SGT is compared to a stock Mustang. I had never driven a stock late model Mustang before. The lower/stiffer springs, the Hurst, the exhaust, etc. of the SGT really makes a difference in the muscle-feel. Shelby Automobiles really did it right with the SGT.

Two very similar cars, special in their own way.

Relatively inexpensive to make the new ride low and loud too!

Yeah I know...but the wife says...that's what the Shelby GT is for and the 5.0 will be for comfortable powerful cruising!!

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

My dealer received, and provided me with a copy of, the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA).

He further stated that "This is what is received by the dealership once a “Clean/Unscheduled” Factory Order is placed. I have a Mustang being “scheduled” this Thursday and I’ll know if it is yours on Friday."

Congratulations Bob.... :happy feet: There is nothing like driving my 5.0 everyday.... :banvictory: except when it's covered in pollen.... :banghead:

Congratulations Bob.... :happy feet: There is nothing like driving my 5.0 everyday.... :banvictory: except when it's covered in pollen.... :banghead:

Thanks Laurie - and yeah, hasn't that stuff been terrible!?!

• 2 weeks later...

Are they in that high of demand that you won't receive yours for a while?

I read that Mustang sales are up something like 35% over this time last year in May and June. The week I bought mine, my dealer has sold 5 others...and he is a very small dealer. So, maybe that is the reason!

Have you ever owned a black car ?

1980 MGB

1986 Mazda RX-7

1989 Ford Bronco

1997 BMW M-3

2006 Ford Expedition

• 2 weeks later...

Update - got my VIN today!

Dealer says "The Mustang has been “submitted to plant” and now has a VIN# --------! I just checked if a window sticker was available but it wasn’t. Depending on Flat Rock’s holiday schedule your new Mustang should be built shortly. I’m pretty sure you will see your new Mustang before end of month."

Archived