TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Regional Events Planned?

SGT/SC2873

I see where other Regions are planning events in conjunction w/ the 50th Celebration. Is there anything being planned in the SA? Also, I have been watching for TS Regional winshield banners for SA but have not seen anything on this. I may have missed it as I was off TS for awhile. Thanks, Craig

Bob was with the gang from SA at show show in Palm beach and is very active on his Facebook page and the South Atlantic facebook page. I believe there might be something in the works for something later on this year that may coincide with the Homestead Nascar race, I will let him chime in though about that. What is it that the South Atlantic would like to see put on(car show, track day, just a party, meet, cruise?) for I see Bob at many car shows down here in South Florida.

Homestead is a bit out of reach for many - I think we should shoot for something more central to the region, maybe a track event at Road Atlanta?

Sam

I agree, Atlanta area would be perfect and has the venues for a good event. Would like to see WS Banners too! Craig

I would agree with Craig, Sam and Vic, Atlanta area would be doable....

To be totally honest, there are already several well established Mustang related events in the SA Region that TS-SA could piggy back off of and not have to 'reinvent the wheel' and start from scratch. Just a few examples that I'm aware of; MustangWeek in Myrtle Beach SC (Third week of July), SCMC SuperFest @ VIR in Alton VA. (Memorial Weekend), BRMCOA Annual Pony's On The Parkway Cruise & Car Show in Asheville NC (Mid September). These three events annually attract hundreds if not thousands of Mustangs. Hell last years MustangWeek cruise-in there where over 30+ Shelby's parked all over the place.....

I'm sure there are others more centrally located, remember the region runs from Florida all the way up to Virgina. Heck, Florida alone could be its own region with the size of the state. So Atlanta would be pretty central if there was an existing Mustang/Ford established event to tie into.

Just my two cents worth...

• 2 weeks later...

I like Vics idea, but he and I are planning a "Dragon Run" to coincide with the BRMCOA Annual Pony's On The Parkway Cruise & Car Show in Asheville NC (Mid September).

Maybe we could get a group together.

(the main reason for making the dragon run, I need a dragon for my newly aquired shelby).

Is it really too much to ask to get a reply on the South Atlantic winshield banners? I see it asked at least twice in this string! Maybe the SA regional director could spare a few minutes and chime in here on the Shelby site. Some of us old stuborn folk don't have and don't want Facebook acounts.

Jeff

Is it really too much to ask to get a reply on the South Atlantic winshield banners? I see it asked at least twice in this string! Maybe the SA regional director could spare a few minutes and chime in here on the Shelby site. Some of us old stuburn folk don't have and don't want Facebook acounts.

Jeff

I have to agree with you. I thought THIS was the OFFICIAL Team Shelby Forum, NOT Facebook! One stop shopping, not bouncing all over the net!

"...remember the region runs from Florida all the way up to Virgina." So True!

Sam

I have to agree with you. I thought THIS was the OFFICIAL Team Shelby Forum, NOT Facebook! One stop shopping, not bouncing all over the net!

"...remember the region runs from Florida all the way up to Virgina." So True!

Sam

+1

I like Vics idea, but he and I are planning a "Dragon Run" to coincide with the BRMCOA Annual Pony's On The Parkway Cruise & Car Show in Asheville NC (Mid September).

Maybe we could get a group together.

(the main reason for making the dragon run, I need a dragon for my newly aquired shelby).

Nice pic Jim,

Joe

Atlanta or the metro area would be good.

How about western N Carolina (The Dragon).

Did you say Dragon Vic?????? Cool, I made that run a couple years ago with the RX8 with a couple of friends and had a blast. Would be fun trying the Boss out on the Dragon.

th_IMG_0942.jpgth_IMG_0940.jpgth_IMG_0946.jpgth_PowerTour2011031.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be in for either Road Atlanta or the Dragon. Rode motorcycles on both, but yet to have the Shelby on either.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I just got back from Carlise also and it was such a great event. The Northeast Region put on a show that will be hard to top! Carlise's Mayor has established the first week in June as Team Shelby Week. It would be an amazing to get Northeast and South Atlantic together next year to see 382 plus Shelby's together!!!

I'd be in for either Road Atlanta or the Dragon. Rode motorcycles on both, but yet to have the Shelby on either.

There is a small group going to The Dragon on Thursday, Sept 13th and then going to the Blue Ridge Mustang Club of Asheville show on Saturday,15th. Then on their cruise of the Blue Ridge Parkway on Sun the 16th.

Come join us.

Homestead is a bit out of reach for many - I think we should shoot for something more central to the region, maybe a track event at Road Atlanta?

Sam

j

+1...I'd be interested in an event in the Atlanta area...I could actually make it there!!

Andy.

I might just have to do that....

ALSO, I just got off the phone with one of my long time customers and old elementary school buddy...he is now the GM for the Cherokee Ford/Alpharetta, GA dealership. If there is any desire to have some kind of show or meet & greet here in North Atlanta - either separately or in conjuction with the September event for folks passing through Atlanta - he said he would open up the campus (and it is a very large new facility) and reserve the back lot for us if we wanted to hold something there.

He said that he would even supply food for TS members, etc. as well if interested.

If whoever is planning these events wants to contact me, I'll get them hooked up with Eric directly. The dealership is located right off off Hwy 400 about 9 miles directly north of I-285 which circles Metro Atlanta...super easy to get to as well.

Just a thought....

Andy.

Andy,

A couple of us from Fl are leaving on Wed, 9/12 and are driving into Tellico Plains for the night. Thursday morning, we will cross the Cherola skyway making our way the Tail of the Dragon. After a couple of hours there, we will do more country roads driving into Asheville. The plan on Friday, is to run up the Blue Ridge parkway to Diamondback and back to Asheville. Clean the cars Friday afternoon and get ready for the show on Saturday. Sunday, do the cruise with Blue Ridge Mustang Club along Parkway, go to awards ceremony and head back to Fl.

Would love to have an event with your dealer, but just dont have the time myself.

Hope you can join us for some of the time.

I know we have at least 3 people coming from Florida, 1 from Tenn. and another from the east coast of NC all meeting up at the Asheville show. Maybe even a few memebers from PA and NJ. All are TS members.

Should be good gathering and BRMCOA always puts on a good show.

Hope you can make it.

I might just have to do that....

ALSO, I just got off the phone with one of my long time customers and old elementary school buddy...he is now the GM for the Cherokee Ford/Alpharetta, GA dealership. If there is any desire to have some kind of show or meet & greet here in North Atlanta - either separately or in conjuction with the September event for folks passing through Atlanta - he said he would open up the campus (and it is a very large new facility) and reserve the back lot for us if we wanted to hold something there.

He said that he would even supply food for TS members, etc. as well if interested.

If whoever is planning these events wants to contact me, I'll get them hooked up with Eric directly. The dealership is located right off off Hwy 400 about 9 miles directly north of I-285 which circles Metro Atlanta...super easy to get to as well.

Just a thought....

Andy.

I think if you're interested in doing anything with the South Atlantic region , you need to be on facebook and move your event to South Florida.

Maybe it's time we set some things up on our own in the Atlanta area.

Archived