TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This is interesting..........

kryptonite

The price doesn't seem high. I guess they might be hoping for the bid to go high, that or I didn't look long enough, but I thought I saw $10k.

I'm surprised this is actually Terlingua authorized. Guess that'd be fun to explain to everyone who asks.

I think this is the 3rd relisting for this car. As far as the plaque, although it is Terlingua that is authorized by Bill Neale, I don't think Shelby had anything whatsoever to do with the car even though Carroll's signature is on the plaque (sticker). Therefore, I doubt the number on the plaque has anything to do with the Shelby registry. It is a strange car in my opinion.

Car is not that great in person. It had the potential to be cool, but they just missed the mark. Car is a total dog even with the procharger and the brakes are non-existent! It looks a little different in person. The front and rear overhangs are HUGE.

Like I said, great idea, but not so great execution.

Retro built has been doing this to the 2005 platform for quite a few years now. I like some of what they have done, but they all just look really wrong behind the rear wheels. The dimensions just don't work for me. Looks like it got hit in the rear and pushed up.

If they could do it all within the actual dimensions of the S197 body, it might be better. As it stands now, if I were a rich man I'd buy it and take it to Burning Man as a sacrifice to the gods of Bacon and The Cog.

Looking at the thinkness of the doors and rear quarters via the door jams this thing must weigh well over 4K lbs.

The rear wheel arches are not proportionate to the body. This throws off the entire look. but I love the idea.

Some people here may not know what " Burning Man " is Frank ,,LOL,,,but I do ,,I did not know that about you ,,just saying ,, :hysterical2:

OFF TOPIC, but if I'm not mistaken, the currents in this article will appeal to the denizens of Team Shelby forums?

• 4 weeks later...

This was a very scary car to drive at speed on the track, like Sean said, handling and brakes were just about non-existant, the tune needed a lot of refining also.

Archived