TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just heard the Jon Lund Ghost tune

venom

Just watched a video on the Jon Lund Ghost cam tune loaded on a 2012 mustang. All I can say is AWESOME!!

I understand that it comes from adjusting the variable valve-cam timing. Can that be done on our 07-09?s If so I'd definitely want that!

I think it's a different motor but I dont know squat so dont take my word for it. I would think it would need a different cam. Sounds awesome. Part of the key is finding the right cross pipe and mufflers which can be difficult IMHO.

Cant be done on 07-10's, you need the variable timing which is on 11 up models. And yes it is in just the tune no cams needed. The motor will go back to normal timing once the throttle is pushed and return back to that cam sound once at idle. It was introduced with the new Boss's track key.

Cant be done on 07-10's, you need the variable timing which is on 11 up models. And yes it is in just the tune no cams needed. The motor will go back to normal timing once the throttle is pushed and return back to that cam sound once at idle. It was introduced with the new Boss's track key.

Dang. I kill for that sound on my '08

Are you sure about that? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure no GT500's come with VVT. That Stang in the video is a 5.0 GT which has VVT.

Are you sure about that? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure no GT500's come with VVT. That Stang in the video is a 5.0 GT which has VVT.

You're not wrong.

The Ti-VCT is only on the '11+ V6/GT. So if cam timing is being tweaked to get that sound (and I assume it is) it won't work on any of the Shelbys to date.

You're not wrong.

The Ti-VCT is only on the '11+ V6/GT. So if cam timing is being tweaked to get that sound (and I assume it is) it won't work on any of the Shelbys to date.

Dang. Burst my bubble. And I'm not trading my 500 for a GT :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do stage 2 comp cams like justin starkleys sound like this? I know its eexpensive but I'm camming my gt500 out just to get that noise, and I'm trying to desperatly find out if that modal of comp cams will have that type of idle

Archived