TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My ride in Shelby's new 1,000 horsepower Ford Mustang

robertlane

My ride in Shelby's new 1,000 horsepower Ford Mustang

73990.jpg

Fortune Magazine - Finally I can tell you the truth: Racing/hotrod/muscle car/sports car czar Carroll Shelby secretly invited me a few weeks ago to test-drive his latest and greatest beast, the Shelby GT1000. I was one of only four journalists to be invited ahead of the car's unveiling at the New York Auto Show (opening to media April 4) to experience its guts and soul in the heat of the Vegas desert, and the only one to be given the nod to first post impressions, thanks to Carroll himself. One of your black hats off to you, Carroll.

READ MORE HERE

It's cool but $150K over the price of a GT500? How will this stack up against the 2013 GT500? I know it has more power but is the power truly usable. There is a point of diminishing returns on this platform.

FAKE! FRUAD! :hysterical:

If anyone looked at the photos beyond a passing glance would have never assumed they were real. Why hasn't Nissan been called out for it's Frontier commercials where they have the truck survive an avalanche?

Must have been a slow news cycle for USA Today.

If anyone looked at the photos beyond a passing glance would have never assumed they were real. Why hasn't Nissan been called out for it's Frontier commercials where they have the truck survive an avalanche?

you defend the fraud?

this isn't a nissan site...

Fraud

fɹɔˈd

Noun

1. intentional deception resulting in injury to another person

2. imposter, impostor, pretender, fake, faker, sham, shammer, pseudo, pseud, role player — a person who makes deceitful pretenses

3. fraudulence, dupery, hoax, humbug, put-on — something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage

Where is the evidence a Fruad was committed? Specifically the intent to deceive? All I see is a cool publicity photo, with a bad photoshop.

Again, where is the evidence a Fraud was committed? Specifically the intent to deceive? All I see is a cool publicity photo, with a bad Photoshop.

A manipulated photo does not show/prove intent.

Here is a crazy idea! Maybe, just maybe, Shelby issued the photo never assuming anyone would believe it to be factual because their target demographic tend to be savvy automotive enthusiast and chose to do so because it looked cool and implied the amount of power this car has.

I'm really surprised by the the number of people willing to dog-pile Shelby American for doing what every single auto manufacture does with the vast majority of their advertising photos. Photo manipulation in advertising is common place.

Is this really that upsetting to some of you? How many are going to sell their Shelby and all of their merchandise because of this "Fraud"?

You want to talk deceit, how about that fact that Carroll Shelby lied to both Ford and AC when negotiating for access to both the 289 and the body/chassis? Why is this shared as an amusing anecdote and not ridiculed? Shouldn't we be calling Carroll's credibility in to discussion over this? It is what started this whole thing.

Or how about that fact that Carroll had the 1st Cobra repainted several times to decieve the media into believing there were multiple running prototypes? Where is the outcry of injustice!

By the way Singularity, I just checked out you build thread on the GT500 forum; Very Cool Ride!

Yea, I love the photo's they put out yesterday. I think the one on the roller coaster is real. :hysterical:

Agree with you El Shelby. Anybody who thinks those photo's were intended to be real knows nothing about cars or physics. This all seems so crazy to me that people are having such a fit over those pics.

http://content.usato...monster-truck/1

rollerx-inset-community.jpg

carrierx-wide-community.jpg

monsterx-wide-community.jpg

Yea, I love the photo's they put out yesterday. I think the one on the roller coaster is real. :hysterical: Agree with you El Shelby. Anybody who thinks those photo's were intended to be real knows nothing about cars or physics. This all seems so crazy to me that people are having such a fit over those pics. http://content.usato...monster-truck/1 rollerx-inset-community.jpgcarrierx-wide-community.jpgmonsterx-wide-community.jpg

THAT IS AWESOME!

A Nissan truck is not $200K +++. Otherwise your right.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I read this artical and thought about the 1000.

Hmm.....one of two possibilities:

one) your (sadly) implying the Shelby 1000 sucks.

two) ...you thought about how most people at McDonalds can't fit in the Shelby 1000....?

I saw the 1000 at Barrett Jackson yesterday. Tough to swallow 150K for 1000 HP. Doesn't seem like there is anything special other than the motor and a few cosmetic things. I think if I spent that kind of dough I would want some one of a kind things like maybe wheels that you can only get on the 1000 or something. Just seems like any one of us could get our cars to the 1000 number with far less money.

Good thing this is real, right?

:hysterical: I would disagree and say Fords, Dodges, and Chevys would fair out fine.

Still, this is funny.

I saw the 1000 at Barrett Jackson yesterday. Tough to swallow 150K for 1000 HP. Doesn't seem like there is anything special other than the motor and a few cosmetic things. I think if I spent that kind of dough I would want some one of a kind things like maybe wheels that you can only get on the 1000 or something. Just seems like any one of us could get our cars to the 1000 number with far less money.

The Shelby 1000 is amazing indeed, but unfortunately for that money I would have to vote for just getting a Ford GT. That's not to say the Shelby 1000 isn't still a monster.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived