TEAM SHELBY FORUM

carpet

Is anyone else having the issue of the carpet under the gas pedal wearing through? My mat show very little wear but the carpet is worn through and the car only has 33k on it.

Your saying even with the mat covering the carpet under the pedal it's still being worn but not the mat ???

Is anyone else having the issue of the carpet under the gas pedal wearing through? My mat show very little wear but the carpet is worn through and the car only has 33k on it.

Same issue just noticed last week, maybe from not having mats in car when doing track work is what I thought. Mine is where heel would be near hump in floorboard under pedal. Duct tape?

I think the solution for now for me is going to be some "Gaff" tape. Like duct tape but flat finish and black, used in theater and film by the Gaffer.

Edit: Kind of amazing that wife's Mach 1 at 99,000 miles has the original unobtainium correct carpet and it looks brand new almost after 40 years. Must have been the vynil overlay.

I think the solution for now for me is going to be some "Gaff" tape. Like duct tape but flat finish and black, used in theater and film by the Gaffer.

Edit: Kind of amazing that wife's Mach 1 at 99,000 miles has the original unobtainium correct carpet and it looks brand new almost after 40 years. Must have been the vynil overlay.

Carpet + shoe + no protection = worn carpet now carpet + mat+ shoe= no worn carpet

Yep I have mats for the street but at track you cannot use mats...so therefore I have worn spot, are yours worn under mat?

I never hit the track and really never new about the mats and makes sense.. I think they would stop me at Hello :hysterical2: before the mats

This is why I went with Weathertech mats. I know tradistional mats are not allowed at when on the track but I've always passed tech with the weathertechs in my SGT.

http://www.weathertech.com/

I have weather techs in my wife truck keeps the mess in check and no worn carpet. In my mustang has zero wear do to no real miles put on it. But worth every penny

Thanks just ordered a set of weathertechs for the SGT. Having to drive it daily so I need to protect the carpet as much as possible. Thanks

Good deal. I keep the SGT mats in the truck and (occasionally) set them on top of the weathertechs for shows and such, its depends if I have the door propped open or not.

Archived