TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Buyers Remorse?!!

jbfaulconer

Tell me I am wrong about the 444 HP Boss 302 outperforming the 550 HP GT500 in almost every road test thrown at it. Just read the Car and Driver article in Feb 2012 about the Boss and man

the numbers look really really good. I wonder if the dealership will buy back my 2012 GT500 for a clean swap for the Boss 302?

Tell me I am wrong about the 444 HP Boss 302 outperforming the 550 HP GT500 in almost every road test thrown at it. Just read the Car and Driver article in Feb 2012 about the Boss and man

the numbers look really really good. I wonder if the dealership will buy back my 2012 GT500 for a clean swap for the Boss 302?

jbfaulconer,

Don't believe everything you read. Maybe this will make you feel better...

What keeps the Boss close is just about all in the suspension. Why don't you get some suspension work done and have best of both worlds? The only problem with the GT500 through 2012 is getting the power to the ground, either in a straight line or around the corners. However, that can all be fixed pretty easily with the proper set up and tires.

jbfaulconer,

Don't believe everything you read. Maybe this will make you feel better...

Great video... Thanks for posting.

Besides the Boss is a track car. GT500... Not so much. Add the traction mods as other replies have stated and you have a bad azz car.

Don't do it............the GT500 is still the best kick ass street machine.

For a weekend toy or track toy you are not wrong, in my opinion the Boss is superior, put a Supercharger on it and then its not even close in any performance category. If you want a comfortable cruiser thats also bad ASS the GT500 is hard to beat. With that said the prices in my opinion are getting ridiculous.

There is a reason EVERY car magazine out there calls it the BEST mustang ever made, we will see if the 2013 GT500 changes that, but if it comes in over $60k should we even be comparing them?

Honestly, you could lighten the GT500 a bit and put on some sticky tires. That should put the advantage in your favor. Both the BOSS and the GT500 are super cool cars. I wouldn't be upset to own either one.

Greg

:rockon:

Even swap what?? And when is Elvis getting here?

Boss is awesome because it puts them 444 ponies to the ground. Start off with some good tires and you're on your way. BTW I'd love to have a Boss sitting next to the Shelby. Maybe a '13...

• 1 month later...

I'm not expecting to find a bargain, But I'm sure there will be plenty low mile examples to be had in a next two to five years at reasonable prices, particularly if its in one of the more unpopular colors such as the white over kona. (Not that sticker isn't a reasonable price.)

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me to find '13's still sitting on lots unsold well into 2014/15.

I'm loving the boss. Would I trade my shelby for one....no. they are awesome track cars. I've heard rumors you really can't drive the LS on the street without ripping the chin spoiler off.

For me its like this. When I bought my car there was a 427R sitting next to her. The 427r is a far superior road course car stock. At the end of the day I can mod my 500 to put handle a roush. The roush is pretty maxed out on mods.

I'm sure current body style you can put a boss suspension on a 500.

Maybe just me

The Boss is an unbelievable machine right out of the box from Ford. Bare bones inside - yes! It is also a much more superior car for the track in the stock form. The power train in this car is just magical! Having owned a '10 GT500 and currently running a '12 Boss and an '11 GT350, I can tell you after many track days with these cars that while the Boss might not have the power of the other two, it is just as fast around a road course - for half the money. My current Boss has only had fluids and brake pads changed. This year I plan to lower the car about an inch and swap out the panhard bar for a watts link setup and add LS wheels and tires and eat me some German cars on the track.

The Boss is an unbelievable machine right out of the box from Ford. Bare bones inside - yes! It is also a much more superior car for the track in the stock form. The power train in this car is just magical! Having owned a '10 GT500 and currently running a '12 Boss and an '11 GT350, I can tell you after many track days with these cars that while the Boss might not have the power of the other two, it is just as fast around a road course - for half the money. My current Boss has only had fluids and brake pads changed. This year I plan to lower the car about an inch and swap out the panhard bar for a watts link setup and add LS wheels and tires and eat me some German cars on the track.

Sounds like a great set up to have Tony.

• 2 weeks later...

You did it right......own em all. I have the SGT and BOSS and both are special. Worth the sacrifices if your pinching pennys like me.

Had a GT500 enjoyed the stupid power after Justin and I modded it. Fuel was killing me for a DD. Sold it and then built a 11 second V6 premium package Performance package car that handled far better than the 500. It was fast and really fun. (by the numbers as fast as the 500 but it didn't feel like it) I never got over not having the torque. So I had a serious buyer at a great price and sold it. Purchased the boss at $5K lower than sticker. (already titled with 650 miles on it, I got luckey)

Love the boss, the harder you put in a curve the better it feels. I will do a couple suspension mods because I know it will make it that much better and I also intend to add headers and a tune (These cars respond really well to this) This car is a blast to drive and should be even better with an additional 40 HP out of it. Now that I have had my taste of three flavors there is no question I would buy the boss again.

I choose the Boss because track performance was priority one for me. With that said, it is a comfortable car to drive. I have driven both a Boss (standard and LS versions) on a track, as well as an older GT500. I think the 500 was an 08. Handling is a priority, so Boss wins. If my focus was straight line performance I would have gone with a 500. Same thing if I used more of the options like Sync or MP3 players or whatever else you can get. I rarely if ever use AC, cruise, or even my CD player. I like to drive so all I need is a good engine, suspension, and seats, and call me happy!

Enjoy your 500, it's a great car. I think the average joe will get more enjoyment from a 500 than he will from a Boss.

Archived