TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Made in the U.S.A.!

Tell us the products you've bought lately that were made in the USA!, this is what I bought:

Cherry Bomb exhaust system for the 53 Customline, all clamps, hangers made in the US,

Durango boots,

A oil filter for the 53, which has a flathead in it, I threw away the box but it was stamped "made in the USA"

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this might be somewhat off task but a lot of people order from these outlets: Land's End and L.L Bean.I looked through their catalogs and MAYBE a handful of products are made in the good old USA. I sent each company an email asking why they do not purchase from American companies!! Needless to say I got the runaround from them like NO company makes a product they want to sell!!! WHAT????? I corresponded back saying that i WILL NOT buy any more products from them until they start selling more products made in the U.S. I do believe that this is how we get the attention of these types of companies.........affect their bottom line!!!!!!!!! What does everyone think???????????

I know that this might be somewhat off task but a lot of people order from these outlets: Land's End and L.L Bean.I looked through their catalogs and MAYBE a handful of products are made in the good old USA. I sent each company an email asking why they do not purchase from American companies!! Needless to say I got the runaround from them like NO company makes a product they want to sell!!! WHAT????? I corresponded back saying that i WILL NOT buy any more products from them until they start selling more products made in the U.S. I do believe that this is how we get the attention of these types of companies.........affect their bottom line!!!!!!!!! What does everyone think???????????

Good luck wth that. It'll be a good way to save money since you won't be able to spend any.

I was going to suggest that food might qualify but even fresh produce comes from South America and Mexico, and beef from Argentina. Not buying foreign might be a good diet too.

All that's left that I could find in my house that's American are my cars, bed, furniture, refridgerator and oven. Oh and my deodorant and toothbrush. Everything else is from china or korea. Sad.

Stormeaston, nice job on the stuff you bought and great topic!

New Balance tennis shoes the last shoe company that makes shoes in America.

Not any more they are not, take a look. Most of them are imported now, even the ones that "Claim" they are made here have a sticker that says Assembled with imported materials in the USA.

Most people thrive on bargains, it has driven many companies out of business in the US and many others that Never thought they would import forced to do so.

I for one would pay more all day long for Made in the USA goods as long as the quality was good.

My LL Bean boots I bought this past winter were made in the USA, but I did notice while I was there most items are not any longer, so sad.

I just bought a Smith and Wesson 357 mag.........................................made in the USA!

I noticed that the Motorcraft 5W-50 oil I bought recently was produced in korea. Ford is an American company but i'm considering Redline oil.

I was going to say that I just bought Firestone tires here but just learned that Firestone have been japanese owned since 1988. Wow, you really gotta perform some research before buying stuff to find out what really is American or not.

Nothing wrong with supporting other countries. And they support us. that's what makes the world economy go around. It's that EVERYTHING now seems to come from China and the balance of trade here is WAY OFF. That's why I try to buy from anywhere but China. My Nokia E71 was made in Finland. No Chinese made iPhone for me, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing wrong with supporting other countries. And they support us. that's what makes the world economy go around. It's that EVERYTHING now seems to come from China and the balance of trade here is WAY OFF. That's why I try to buy from anywhere but China. My Nokia E71 was made in Finland. No Chinese made iPhone for me, sorry.

I agree. What most people here do not realize is that other countries buy american brand products as well. What about Fast food places? Mcdonalds, KFC, etc. What about Coke, Pepsi, Starbucks, etc. What about Nike, Addidas, Ralph Lauren, New Balance etc. Those American companies are doing business across the globe. You can go to Japan, Philippines, China, etc and you can find their stores and people buy them.

Also, when you guys say buy American, I know you mean made in America. What if the product was owned by a Foreign company but was made in this country? And if you guys say that buying foreign does not support our economy, if you from a Nissan dealership, are all their employees Japanese? Is the dealership owned by a Japanese as well? They look pretty American to me. The Ford Mustang is 70% American made, did you take out the rest of the 30% to not support other countries?

Good luck wth that. It'll be a good way to save money since you won't be able to spend any.

I was going to suggest that food might qualify but even fresh produce comes from South America and Mexico, and beef from Argentina. Not buying foreign might be a good diet too.

I live in a city and I can source locallly raised Beef and Vegetables pretty easy.

I would tarriff the crap out of any imported goods if I was in charge.

Tell us the products you've bought lately that were made in the USA!, this is what I bought:

Cherry Bomb exhaust system for the 53 Customline, all clamps, hangers made in the US,

Durango boots,

A oil filter for the 53, which has a flathead in it, I threw away the box but it was stamped "made in the USA"

I've tried to keep my '68 project as american made as possible this time around... Toooooo many parts to list though!

now how about pics of that '53????

I noticed that the Motorcraft 5W-50 oil I bought recently was produced in korea. Ford is an American company but i'm considering Redline oil.

I was going to say that I just bought Firestone tires here but just learned that Firestone have been japanese owned since 1988. Wow, you really gotta perform some research before buying stuff to find out what really is American or not.

Per EHow.com

The U.S. Department of Transportation requires all tires sold in the United States to have a code stamped on them. The code looks like this: DOT XX XX XXX XXX. The first two letters or a letter and a number after DOT indicate the company and the plant where the tire was manufactured. For example, if the code started DOT BE, it indicates the tire is made by B.F. Goodrich in Tuscaloosa, AL.

All-American Companies

• Cooper and Goodyear tire companies started out as American manufacturers and have stayed that way to some extent. Goodyear is now an international company, but its world headquarters remain in Akron, Ohio. It also owns the Kelly Springfield and Dunlop brands. Cooper manufactures tires in Ohio and Georgia; Goodyear in Virginia, North Carolina, Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee, New York and Kansas. Denman Tire, founded in 1919, is based in Ohio.

Major Global Tire Companies

• Michelin is the world's largest manufacturer of tires for vehicles from bicycles to the space shuttle. The French company purchased the American firm Uniroyal-Goodrich company in 1989. In the United States, it manufactures tires in Alabama, North and South Carolina and Arkansas. Bridgestone, a Japanese company bought out Firestone, another company with American roots, in 1998 and makes tires in North and South Carolina, Ohio, Illinois and Tennessee.

Other International Companies

• Continental Tire, a subsidiary of a German company, makes tires in five states: Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas and Illinois. General Tires are now made by Continental. Yokohama, another Japanese multinational, manufactures tires in Virginia.

Remember the Eminem Super Bowel commercial promoting Chrysler? The video boosted sales big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsKrgesyk-M

The funny part is a lot of Chrysler cars are built in Canada.

Check out this interactive map.

http://www.nytimes.c...o-plants-4.html

My point is buying US products is a tough thing to do, your never sure where it comes from.

The funny part is a lot of Chrysler cars are built in Canada.

My point is buying US products is a tough thing to do, your never sure where it comes from.

Not to mention that, following the 2nd US Govt bailout of Chrysler it is now owned by Fiat (59%), the US Govt (6%) and the Canadian Govt (2%) and the remaining amount is owned by the UAW I believe.

I got a lap dance the other night...........................by a gal made in the USA!!

That counts don't it?

Durango boots,

I love the sound of my cherry bombs !!! I watching a car show can't remember or it was on the internet but they were talking about toyota how is built here in the USA. Then they pointed out most Fords are built in Mexico and I think in Canada also but when Ford was asked they said they are going to bring back the factorys to the USA.

this isnt meant to offend anybody but

sorry I cant agree with any of this....

Im as patriotic as the next guy...

but buying a product solely based on the fact that it is American made makes no sense...

so if an American company makes crap, I should buy it because its American made?

ridiculous.

Buy the best made product for the money, not the cheapest, not the most readilly available,

but the best made product for the money.

If its American, great. If not, then thats fine too.

Didnt market share lead to American car companies making crap cause they thought everyone would just buy it without considering alternatives.....

enter the foreign auto companies......making a better car for the money.....winning consumer hearts and minds and dollars.....

the downfall of great companies has been fed by the blind loyalty of the masses.....

where did that lead.........??

to the exact thing you are all against........the rise of foreign companies.

buy with your head, not your heart......

if American companies are to survive or thrive...it must be through superior products delivered at competative prices....

not through blind loyalty.

Allen Edmonds, the greatest shoe in the world is made in the good old USA. "The shoe of presidents"

:rockon:

Love 'em... Have the "Cliford" and another pair that escapes me... Not running up stairs! :hysterical2:

I got a lap dance the other night...........................by a gal made in the USA!!

That counts don't it?

:hysterical: LMFAO! :hysterical:

For what it's worth and in the spirit of the OP.

Adams Premium Car Care products... And in Wicks defense. Adams isn't my product of choice because it is made in America. I use it because it is great chit and ease of use. Customer service is the best. That is an important factor... IMHO.

www.adamspolishes.com

:salute:

I use my head when buying products, absolutely. But I firmly believe we are entering a period of American success in which detail is the big key. A lot of American products are showing through as the best. No, this does not apply to everything.

While I do vastly believe American cars are the only way to go, and I have proof of my argument through extensive chemistry (and studying more than this to back it up), other products I would never buy. Such as Mac computers (and if your on a Mac please don't come back at me for this....) I would much rather buy a Toshiba any day of the week (granted I went with Dell).

But there are many more products; Sony for instance. I trust them with my life when it comes to about anything they make.

This forum seems to be more of a "what products do you stand American on?"

(and for the sake of argument, when I say American cars earlier, I mean the engineering and most parts and assembly.)

Archived