TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT 3483 gettin close!

15modracer

Some of you already know about this car! I bought it at the copart salvage auction in Florence Mississippi in December

The actual dammage from the wreck was minumal.....Replace left fender, Front facia, lt lower control arm and the radiator!!! The bad part is when it arrived on the truck at my place in Kansas I noticed oil coming from any where it could escape through the exhaust!!! The motor was blown up.......Got on the net and found one in Ohio with 10,000 miles then spent Christmas weekend putting it in! Her stipes looked really bad and I wanted painted ones anyway so the next step was to paint the entire car!

Alot of you will frown on my decision to go with the gold stripes especially the fact that it is Aztec gold from an 03 Chrysler but I had done my girlfriends 01 GT with this color for the stripes and it looked awesome! I have liked the looks of the GTH since I restored a friends 66 GT-350H 15 years ago.......I'm getting closer to finishing her with just some detailing stuff left to finish....I think these cars are so awesome and I'm really happy with the way she's turning out! I will hopefully do some upgrades in the future but for now just to see the progress she has made in the last month and half is just really satisfying!!!!

002.JPG

006.JPG

002.JPG

006.JPG

Thanks for the positive input guys!! I really appreciate the good feedback on changing the stripe color although to tell the truth after reading some other posts on here I was really expecting to get ground on a little!!! LOL!!

Archived