TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Considering a lower body kit for the SGT

SGT lower body kit  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Install the lower body kit?

I've been contemplating changing the the front and rear bumpers along with the rocker panels. What seems to catch my eye is the lower body kit (excluding wing) from Cervini's. Now I'm not a Shelby purest that needs to keep it as it came from the factory, but something is keeping from making the change. I really don't need to hear "it's your car, do what you like". I'm also not concerned about resale value. In all honesty I just want to get a consensus that will help me decide if the changes will flow with the looks of the car. Keep in mind I don't track the car. I typically do a lot of shows. Thanks for your help...

Edit:

Found one in Vista Blue. Not a fan of the big fog lights. I think I'd just do a matching billet.

m5lp_0902_06_z+2006_cervini_c500_mustang+front_view.jpg

post-22352-0-35655800-1327160514_thumb.jpg

post-22352-0-00805100-1327160521_thumb.jpg

post-22352-0-35655800-1327160514_thumb.jpg

post-22352-0-00805100-1327160521_thumb.jpg

If the side pipes are functional I would think it was cool at a show if they are fake then its silly. Front edge of front spoiler visually is kind of 'Thick". My two cents. Looks pretty cool. Maybe keeping stock hood scoop and the lower cervani stuff may look pretty cool.

I have always like the Cervini car. There is a guy in my area that bought the first Cervini Mustang and I met him and looked at the car, it really was nice. But after I though about it I changed up and went with the SGT. There is just something about it and I can't put my finger on it, maybe it is just too much over the top, I don't know.

Your car is killer as is, but it is your car do what you want ! : )

If the side pipes are functional I would think it was cool at a show if they are fake then its silly. Front edge of front spoiler visually is kind of 'Thick". My two cents. Looks pretty cool. Maybe keeping stock hood scoop and the lower cervani stuff may look pretty cool.

Yup, the side pipes are functional. It's enough that my hood scoop is a stick on... LOL

I have always like the Cervini car. There is a guy in my area that bought the first Cervini Mustang and I met him and looked at the car, it really was nice. But after I though about it I changed up and went with the SGT. There is just something about it and I can't put my finger on it, maybe it is just too much over the top, I don't know.

Your car is killer as is, but it is your car do what you want ! : )

Maybe it's the over the top thing you mentioned. It's just something that's been keeping me from ordering the kit.

No! IMO it looks cartoonish and adds too much visual weight to the car. I vote no.

Well, I think you hit the nail on the head for me. Cartoonish!

I like your car the way it is, if you have money burning a hole in your pocket make it a Shelby GT/SC.

To me that car has to much "Stuff" on it, same reason I was turned off by the Roush back when I bought my car. Today the Roush is a lot cleaner looking.

I'd definitely would SC it if I raced. However, I'm a cruiser and love to show it off at shows. I've done a few mods like headers, muffler deletes, and Brenspeed SCT program. Maybe I've picked up a few ponies but I mainly did it for looks and sound.

I Thank you all for the input. It might be wiser to do the Shelby interior upgrade package. :salute:

Frank

I have spent a ton of time and effort thinking about what mods I could make to my SGT that would make it MINE, and wouldn't take away from what it is! The last thing I want is for someone to see it and not be able to tell it is a SHELBY GT!

I like to think I accomplished that. You be the judge. Just my .02!

d84b7415.jpg

40ad357e.jpg

cf32c814.jpg

f3c03b4c.jpg

Not trying to thread jack. Just a little perspective.

I will be adding 2010+ side spiltters this winter to finish the exterior.

Going against the grain...it's your car - be happy - do what you want. Resale is a joke anyway...Mines probably worth 60% of purchase price. Lastly, if you can afford to change it, you can afford to change it back.

I've seen very few S197 cars with body mods that improved the appearance of the car, IMO. I think that the designers at Ford really nailed the design perfectly with the '05-09 cars and just about any modifications hurt the look - making it, as others have mentioned, look big and heavy and clunky.

Minor modifications, like what was done on the SGTs, look good, but most tend to detract from the appearance of the car and a great many of them end up making the car look like it was meant to compete in import shows, if you get my meaning.

And personally, the drag racer in me just can't abide the idea of spending money on appearance stuff when there's still performance stuff to be done. :D

But, at the end of the day it's your car to modify as you see fit.

Yup, the side pipes are functional. It's enough that my hood scoop is a stick on... LOL

Maybe it's the over the top thing you mentioned. It's just something that's been keeping me from ordering the kit.

Well, I think you hit the nail on the head for me. Cartoonish!

I'd definitely would SC it if I raced. However, I'm a cruiser and love to show it off at shows. I've done a few mods like headers, muffler deletes, and Brenspeed SCT program. Maybe I've picked up a few ponies but I mainly did it for looks and sound.

I Thank you all for the input. It might be wiser to do the Shelby interior upgrade package. :salute:

Frank

Shelby Interior with some Silver Horse pieces would look great. Silver Horse quality is well beyond all the Shelby stuff.

The thing i do nt like in the original car is that the front splitter is wider and deeper than the side skirts so for me if you would put on the servini sideskirts i suppose the front lower part will continue nicer in the sideskirts that is what i'm looking for too the OEM siteskirds are a bit to small in comparison with the front

My personal opinion is that the Cervini's catalog is for people who don't own Shelbys and are looking for SOMETHING to differentiate their cars. SGTs don't need that stuff.

Like putting a little umbrella in a snifter of Glenmorangie. Unnecessary cheapening.

Jer

Looks like it is just tacked on to me. Some are gonna like it and some are gonna hate it. Not a fan here. I like your car the way it is!

I decided to bail on this mod and do the Shelby interior upgrade. Thanks to everyone for help on this.

Archived