TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fighting Words from ZL1 Chief Engineer!

bpmurr

You figure Al had any fingernails left when the 'Sumlations' were complete?

Even if the ZL1 is quicker Ford is safe as they have not made any claims (and why should they) on the '13 aside from hp rating and the +200mph top speed. My assumption is the two will be too close to each other to claim one quicker than the other.

You have got to love this modern muscle rivalry!

From the article:

... We ran the Nürburgring and released a time. Ford took the GT500, too, and never released a time. I guess you can draw your own conclusions." When asked point-blank if he thought the ZL1 would be quicker around the 'Ring, Oppenheiser replied, "No question."

Didn't I read somewhere where that the GT-500's unofficial time using a handheld stopwatch was something like 7:35 as opposed to Chevy's official released time of 7:41? Could be wrong, after all this is the internet. (LOL)

From the article: ... We ran the Nürburgring and released a time. Ford took the GT500, too, and never released a time. I guess you can draw your own conclusions." When asked point-blank if he thought the ZL1 would be quicker around the 'Ring, Oppenheiser replied, "No question." Didn't I read somewhere where that the GT-500's unofficial time using a handheld stopwatch was something like 7:35 as opposed to Chevy's official released time of 7:41? Could be wrong, after all this is the internet. (LOL)

Bill,

Maybe you saw it here at Post #4: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f57/2013-gt500-nurburgring-103635/

Tracking "thePill's" posts, he seems to have very good knowledge of what happens at the Ring...

Bill,

Maybe you saw it here at Post #4: http://www.gminsiden...urgring-103635/

Tracking "thePill's" posts, he seems to have very good knowledge of what happens at the Ring...

Yes, that was it. He seems to be right on in his assesment of it hitting 165 mph for those 7:35 times as Chevy says 160 mph for their 7:41 lap.

I've actually done a few laps at the 'Ring in German rental cars over the years and it is a blast. B)

Well I was to young to drive a car back in the first muscle car wars back in the 60's but heard all the bragging

and my car can beat your car stuff....Well glad to say I'm living the next muscle car war and loving it every minute

of it along with the my car can beat your car thing...The Big diff this time I'm driving these things...Go Ford..Go Chev..Go Dodge.

Oh and enjoy guys because like the first muscle car war this one will come to an end also.

Here is just one list of the unofficial lap times at the Ring. Take note of who was piloting each car, this is why the Ring times are unofficial. There is no independent verification of the lap times or the cars as production models.

Interesting, the posted ZL1 time is quicker than the Ford GT.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html

i want to see his face when the GT500 wipes its ass with the zl1.it barely beat the BOSS LS!

You might be surprised.

GM has a FAR superior magnetic suspension to offer over the Ford suspension (two settings, done electrically).

All the hosepower in the world won't help you on a ROAD COUSE (i.e. "The Ring") if your suspension is inferior.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

Having said that, the GT500 is and has been more of a drag strip car, not a road race car (that was left up to the GT350).

And all the horsepower in the world WILL win you 1/4 mile drag races!

The common ground being, "GRIP".

Phill

Here is just one list of the unofficial lap times at the Ring. Take note of who was piloting each car, this is why the Ring times are unofficial. There is no independent verification of the lap times or the cars as production models.

Interesting, the posted ZL1 time is quicker than the Ford GT.

http://www.fastestla...rdschleife.html

If I'm not mistaken some of the cars on that list including the Ford GT did a standing start lap and cars like the ZL1 did a running start lap at speed??

If I'm not mistaken some of the cars on that list including the Ford GT did a standing start lap and cars like the ZL1 did a running start lap at speed??

No idea but that wouldn't surprise me. This is one reason why I don't put much stock in to the times. You can be assured that the ZL1 time was not done in a showroom fresh car.

Oh, well THAT would be fair!.........NOOOOTTTTT!

"Let's compare your apple to my orange!"

Phill

This is great !! Just like when I was in high school.....My <Camaro SS, Mach 1, Super Bee, Cuda, Challenger> can beat your <Camaro SS, Mach 1, Super Bee, Cuda, Challenger>!!! The wars continue decades later !!

Phil I actually got the car out for a drive today. Great day and felt good to run 'er up to 100 in that cool air !!

You might be surprised.

GM has a FAR superior magnetic suspension to offer over the Ford suspension (two settings, done electrically).

All the hosepower in the world won't help you on a ROAD COUSE (i.e. "The Ring") if your suspension is inferior.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

Having said that, the GT500 is and has been more of a drag strip car, not a road race car (that was left up to the GT350).

And all the horsepower in the world WILL win you 1/4 mile drag races!

The common ground being, "GRIP".

Phill

Wow Phil, I didnt know you have driven the vastly inferior Ford suspention

Archived