TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 Sound/Driving Clips

supersnake94

I know I sound like I am impatient, but I have been waiting for a long time now for Ford and SVT to release a video of what a 2013 GT500's exhaust sounds like. Anybody know when Ford will release new videos or sound clips?

I know in the raw footage video it has a short clip of the car idleing which is nice, but that doesn't really do the car justice with it having a new motor and all.

I mean when the ZL1 was first released, they had made an exhaust clip while it was still on display in Chicago and other youtube exhaust clips came with it reving ever since. Now they have track footage with the sound of the ZL1 constantly going on and it is driving me nuts that they don't have any for the 2013 GT500. The Nurburgring videos don't count, and let's not forget the interior sound when the ZL1 ran the ring.

Bottom line, we all know that we all want to hear more exhaust clips of th 2013 GT500. Does anybody know when more videos will be released?

I cannot image it being all that different than the 2012. I don't recall reading that any changes were made to the exhaust. I know for a fact the headers are direct carry over from the 2012.

In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if its more quite than the 2012 with all the work that went in to the motor to dampen it.

I cannot image it being all that different than the 2012. I don't recall reading that any changes were made to the exhaust. I know for a fact the headers are direct carry over from the 2012.

In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if its more quite than the 2012 with all the work that went in to the motor to dampen it.

Well here is some video of what the Nurburgring car sounds like.

if that's the case exhaust wise with the 2013, then I too would be surprised.

But at the same time I would hate for the ZL1 to win in a sound and loudness contest.

If all else fails, American Racing 1 7/8 inch longtubes and either Borla, Magnaflow, or Bassani cat-back will be the fix. Maybe also the MAC MMS Mufflers minus the rasp and rattling noise

v=hHa4QYe3Ql8&list=UU80ZV9ExhwY5NzNYiVuTxpQ&index=3&feature=plcp[/media]

I don't know! it does not seem like the sound came from that 2013!

Anyway, as you mentioned...it looks like you are impatient! how about me!

I could no longer wait!, being muscle carless was really BAD, then I got my SRT8 challenger 2012, so far, far away from complaints, the car is REALLY REALLY nice, I thought I would never say that about a DODGE, but, if you drive it, you will know what I mean, it is an amazing EXPERIENCE, totally distinct from driving a Shelby...HOWEVER I have nothing to compare, they are two different AMAIZING MACHINES!

I will be in the list for a 2015 Shelby, as this one TOOK TOO LONG for me!

Take care all,

Enjoy the week ahead,

braztang

post-33873-0-77661000-1326677239_thumb.jpg

post-33873-0-77661000-1326677239_thumb.jpg

I don't know! it does not seem like the sound came from that 2013!

Anyway, as you mentioned...it looks like you are impatient! how about me!

I could no longer wait!, being muscle carless was really BAD, then I got my SRT8 challenger 2012, so far, far away from complaints, the car is REALLY REALLY nice, I thought I would never say that about a DODGE, but, if you drive it, you will know what I mean, it is an amazing EXPERIENCE, totally distinct from driving a Shelby...HOWEVER I have nothing to compare, they are two different AMAIZING MACHINES!

I will be in the list for a 2015 Shelby, as this one TOOK TOO LONG for me!

Take care all,

Enjoy the week ahead,

braztang

It is a great car and congrats. Glad that you ae enjoying it.

BTW why couldn't you just wait? Once the car came out you would have tons of money to spend on mods.

It should have a different sound. It will have the quad exhaust like the Boss has.

It is a great car and congrats. Glad that you ae enjoying it.

BTW why couldn't you just wait? Once the car came out you would have tons of money to spend on mods.

I really tried HARD waiting, but it was going to be a LONG WAIT, I sold my 2011 MUSTANG thinking that we were going to be able to order the 13 STILL IN DEC 11, and still did not happen, so I really got so CRAZY with great weather and no longer having a FUN car! and I did not want to buy an expensive 2012 Shelby over a 2013, so I decided to test drive a SRT8 392 and FELT IN LOVE.

At the end, I am very happy with the car, it does not compare the power I had on my tuned and mod 2011 STANG, but the SRT8 also does not compare to my 2011 in terms of driveabIlity and comfort, with A LITTLE difference in power, really, I am surprised with the SRT8, it is a different class car, it amazes me every time I take it out. (CAN YOU IMAGE I WOULD EVER SAY THAT OVER A STANG!)

I just hope to get a USED 2013 in a couple of years from now, I plan to hold on to the SRT8 until I am able to buy a 2013 or a 2015 SHELBY.

BY THE WHY, I have increased the power a bit, with a CAI, and a full exhaust system, but I guess it is pretty much it, not much else needed for now...the car handles BEAUTIFULLY in all situations.

Now if you guys already have your great SHELBYs, than I would say, it is worth waiting, but I also thought it would be expensive, I HOPE I WAS RIGHT...lets see what the price will be... I assume it will be around 70K out of the Dealership...(TAX, FEES, ETC) and that would be a bit too much for now FOR ME as I got a killer looking car for 46.500 fully loaded.

Take care,

braztang

I really tried HARD waiting, but it was going to be a LONG WAIT, I sold my 2011 MUSTANG thinking that we were going to be able to order the 13 STILL IN DEC 11, and still did not happen, so I really got so CRAZY with great weather and no longer having a FUN car! and I did not want to buy an expensive 2012 Shelby over a 2013, so I decided to test drive a SRT8 392 and FELT IN LOVE.

At the end, I am very happy with the car, it does not compare the power I had on my tuned and mod 2011 STANG, but the SRT8 also does not compare to my 2011 in terms of driveabIlity and comfort, with A LITTLE difference in power, really, I am surprised with the SRT8, it is a different class car, it amazes me every time I take it out. (CAN YOU IMAGE I WOULD EVER SAY THAT OVER A STANG!)

I just hope to get a USED 2013 in a couple of years from now, I plan to hold on to the SRT8 until I am able to buy a 2013 or a 2015 SHELBY.

BY THE WHY, I have increased the power a bit, with a CAI, and a full exhaust system, but I guess it is pretty much it, not much else needed for now...the car handles BEAUTIFULLY in all situations.

Now if you guys already have your great SHELBYs, than I would say, it is worth waiting, but I also thought it would be expensive, I HOPE I WAS RIGHT...lets see what the price will be... I assume it will be around 70K out of the Dealership...(TAX, FEES, ETC) and that would be a bit too much for now FOR ME as I got a killer looking car for 46.500 fully loaded.

Take care,

braztang

True, and the 2013 GT500s aren't coming ount until the summer, so price and specs and ordering won't be out until I guess April or May. So what you did was somthing for the better of yourself to satisfy your patience. It just makes me go nuts and it makes me :banghead: until my ears bleed. I am starting to have thoughts on the Corvette and even the enemy, the ZL1. Someone satisfy our patience before I go mad!!!

Archived