TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Recaro Seats Available Now

MichaelGoodwin

Who has them for that?

Try Tousley Ford. Ask for Steve or Mike (Internet Sales Reps).

They sell ALL FRPP parts for 10% over *cost*, or $200 over cost, whichever is LESS.

And free shipping for orders over $1600.00 (plus no sales tax).

Phill

While I like the seats ......... at 2500 or so, I got so puckered that I could not get up from my computer chair to get my wallet

c'mon now you think that's expensive for top of the line seats yet not too many complaining at the high cost put on the 50th Annv. Shelby's! This reminds me of the guy who just spent $75,000 on his new car but he didn't want to spend $200 for a quality car cover, lol

I was scrolling through Ford Racing site and they announced they are now selling the Recaro seats that are the same as the Boss but with the Ford Racing logo on them. Kinda pricey but still a nice touch at keeping it all Ford.

http://www.fordracin...tKeyField=13483

these are nice but does FORD offer a matching Harness belts to go with it?

c'mon now you think that's expensive for top of the line seats yet not too many complaining at the high cost put on the 50th Annv. Shelby's! This reminds me of the guy who just spent $75,000 on his new car but he didn't want to spend $200 for a quality car cover, lol

Or the guy that spends 30 Grand on a Harley then balks at spending 500 bucks on a GOOD helmet for his HEAD.

Phill

Or the guy that spends 30 Grand on a Harley then balks at spending 500 bucks on a GOOD helmet for his HEAD.

Phill

True!! Ha, ha, ha ... but don't we all have those moments where we stop and say ' Hey, that's just too much!'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally some real pictures of the FRPP Recaros:

Looks like they DO have airbags, so much for retrofitting them into my older Mustang.

There are some sets on eBay at the moment.

You can retrofit those into a older Mustang, you just won't have the airbag working.

You can't put seats withOUT side airbags in a later model because you'll get a SRS warning light.

The fact that those have airbags in them and they are MUCH nicer than I thought, has me SERIOUSLY considering a pair now.

I like those *better* than the SVT GT500 "Cobra" seats.

I didn't know they would included seat racks too. That means it will be a *easy* retrofit onto my OE power seat rack. Unbolt the manual rack and bolt on the power rack. Now maybe I'll start looking for a power rack for the pass. side.

Is there a passenger power seat option in any 2010-2013 Mustang (V-6, GT, etc)? Because *generally*, they use the same harness on ALL cars of the same year/body style but just leave the extra plugs hanging there. I say, *generally*...

*** I assume you got those pics from one of the e-bay auctions. You got a link?***

EDIT: I found them, thanks. I also see they're listed for 2011 and 2012. Does anyone know if the Recaro's will work in a 2010 without SRS problems?

EDIT x 2: I just found a thread on the svtperformance.com forum from in the Tousley Ford vender section. Mike @Tousley says they're selling them for $2300.00 pr. w/free shipping to the Cont. US. No sales tax if you don't live in the same State as Tousley either. That's a good price for a pair of Recaro's, including SRS IMHO.

Hmmmmm,

Phill

Well the airbag is unnecessary for my 03 Mustang, and extra weight. I will simply use a different Recaro, but having the Ford Racing branding would have been sweet.

Those seats are here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Recaro-Ford-Racing-Seats-2012-Boss-SVT-Shelby-GT500-Style-/150769202631?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6700754836788472233#ht_500wt_969

There's a few pairs on eBay at the moment.

Well the airbag is unnecessary for my 03 Mustang, and extra weight. I will simply use a different Recaro, but having the Ford Racing branding would have been sweet.

Those seats are here: http://www.ebay.com/...33#ht_500wt_969

There's a few pairs on eBay at the moment.

There's a guy on e-bay selling brand new, genuine LEATHER Recaro seats (without SRS) for $599.oo ea. with 5 remaining, if you're looking for a pair without airbags. They are cheaper and better quality than the SVT/FRPP units (leather vs. cloth) and also listed for the early model Mustangs, which according to Mike @Tousley, use a different seat track.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-2010-FORD-MUSTANG-GT-RECARO-STYLE-CUSTOM-REAL-LEATHER-RACE-SEATS-SVT-/390368823447?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae3cb8897&vxp=mtr

Hope That Helps,

Phill

There's a guy on e-bay selling brand new, genuine LEATHER Recaro seats (without SRS) for $599.oo ea. with 5 remaining, if you're looking for a pair without airbags. They are cheaper and better quality than the SVT/FRPP units (leather vs. cloth) and also listed for the early model Mustangs, which according to Mike @Tousley, use a different seat track.

http://www.ebay.com/...3cb8897&vxp=mtr

Hope That Helps,

Phill

I noticed in his ad that these are Recaro "style". He doesn't say who made them so I say buyer beware. Yes they are cheaper but leather doesn't make them better.

http://www.ebay.com/...3cb8897&vxp=mtr

Hope That Helps,

Phill

Those are definitely not made by Recaro.

Tons of cheap seats are made in China these days all over eBay.

I noticed in his ad that these are Recaro "style". He doesn't say who made them so I say buyer beware. Yes they are cheaper but leather doesn't make them better.

YIKES! I didn't catch that. I saw "REAL" in big black letters and assumed.....

Yeah, I know about cheap knock-offs for all kinds of car items.

"Lifetime" warranty...for WHOSE lifetime???

IF....they're still in business,

Phill

You can retrofit those into a older Mustang, you just won't have the airbag working.

You can't put seats withOUT side airbags in a later model because you'll get a SRS warning light.

I'm not so sure about that Phill.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/782868-power-2012-recaros-my-07-bunch-other-mods.html

Archived