TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Cobra Association of Texas (SCAT)

EL SHELBY

Anyone in the DFW area looking for a Shelby Club really needs to check out Scatracks.org.

Our next 'Meet and Greet' will be will be Saturday, January 21st, at Papa's BBQ on Northwest Highway & 35E, 10:30 to 1:30. All are welcome to attend and Shelby ownership is not necessary to join the club. Just need to be a fan of the Old Man.

'In fact, the only real requirement is a love for the cars and a sincere desire to participate with a very fun group of people. While many of our club activities revolve around an automotive theme, SCAT stresses the social and family aspects or our organization. We routinely sponsor family picnics, tours, and outings...But we also enjoy our cars, too! SCAT folks tend to adhere to Mr. Shelby’s philosophy that his cars, “were made to be driven”...that’s exactly what we do as often as possible!'

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really not sure why more of the SCAT members dont frequent TS. John, Carl, and myself are the only ones stop by here frequently. And I'm really not sure why more TS members (specifically DFW area folks) haven't check out SCAT. Frankly, SCAT needs more younger members to help keep the club active. I'm not as active as I would like to be but I have a very young family. In a few more years I'll be able to devote more time and include my wife and daughters.

SCAT has members present and nearly all North and Central Texas Ford, Mustang, and Shelby events. Many of the SCAT members are also members of the North Texas Mustang Club which sponser shows all Summer long ending with the Yellow Rose at Will Rangers in Fort Worth.

In addition to SCAT's members what draws me to the club is it's close association with Mr. Shelby, along with his Son and Grandson (Patrick & Aaron) which opperate Legacy Bank of Texas.

I drove by earlier and was drooling as I went by. I saw some amazing cars in the parkling lot and didn't know what was going on until i saw this thread. How do I become a member of SCAT?

Check out Scatracks.org and/or show up to our next meet and greet which will be in February. I'll post some photos from today's meet later today. We had a great turnout!

Any Shelby owner in the Dallas/Ft Worth area should check out this great group of folks with some awesome vehicles. I went to the meet and greet today with a buddy of mine(he drove his white 07SGT) and I drove my Black 07SGT1163. We were the newbies but this group welcomed us as if we were old friends. We both ended up signing up to become members.

I met springer and we went for a spin in his awesome GT/SC. It was simply incredible. All I can say is WOW.

It was great to finally meet El Shelby. His blue Shelby is simply awesome with the MBRP muffler deletes, super cool wheels, and interior modifications.

In summary, we met a host of wonderful people.

I highly recommend this group.......

Thanks to Springer for calling me earlier in the week to remind me to come......

Likewise, we were all happy to see you two joins us for lunch.

I did make it over to Lonestar Performance after getting my North an South straightened out in my head.....

The guys over there know Don and mentioned they would be interested estabilishing a connection with SCAT and even mentioned putting together a package for te club. Hopefully they will make it to next months Meet & Greet.

A track event was mentioned and is not out of discussion but late June in North Texas can be pretty dog-gone HOT. I know at least one performance driving school in town will not run events during the middle of the summary simply because its too hard on cars, drivers, and staff running the events. Additionally, this event will be within a few weeks of Tulsa (which is still really hot) where I would suspect most in the region are preparing ($) for track time.

One of the ideas presented was an evening show and cruise along with the banquet. SCAT is working with Shelby and the promotion co. running the 50th tour to determine what will work best consideing the tours complete schedule along other Ford/Mustang/Shelby events already scheduled.

If anyone has suggestions on what to do and where to do it (within DFW) throw them out there and I'll relay them. One idea I'm going to toss in is an AutoX course.

Archived