TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby boss 302?

SHELBYGUY

Is Shelby doing any after purchase mods(such as a gt350 conversion) with a boss 302?

The last I heard was back in July when I ask Roger how he liked his Boss and is Shelby looking into a power and cooling package for the Boss?

His answer was..........

On the upgrades to a Boss..........................would we do something like that wink.gif

Stay tuned smile.gif

Roger

I think with the slowdown they just might do something.

I thought Roger had said there are no plans for a Shelby BOSS, but that the speedshop would add any Shelby performance parts you want to your BOSS.

I remember reading that comment....

The last I heard was back in July when I ask Roger how he liked his Boss and is Shelby looking into a power and cooling package for the Boss?

His answer was..........

On the upgrades to a Boss..........................would we do something like that wink.gif

Stay tuned smile.gif

Roger

I think with the slowdown they just might do something.

I remember reading this comment as well.

Think about the 7,000 or so Boss's that will be produced from 2012 to 2013 I think there is a huge potenial for them to drum up more business and make a lot of future customers happy.

So far Ford has done exactly what they said they would , two year run of 8000 Bosses. To date we have 3249 302's and 764 LS's for a total of 4013 Bosses for the first year. There were total built of 8641 built in 69 and 70, 1628 in 69, 7013 in 70 and 1806 351 in 71. So far Ford is repeating history. So a 2014 Boss 351 could be a strong possibility. I don't think it will be the 5.8 but the 5.4.

• 5 months later...

So far Ford has done exactly what they said they would , two year run of 8000 Bosses. To date we have 3249 302's and 764 LS's for a total of 4013 Bosses for the first year. There were total built of 8641 built in 69 and 70, 1628 in 69, 7013 in 70 and 1806 351 in 71. So far Ford is repeating history. So a 2014 Boss 351 could be a strong possibility. I don't think it will be the 5.8 but the 5.4.

Not trying to "split hairs" here... But the only way for FORD to offer up a "legit" BOSS 351 would be to use the 5.8L engine... Remember, the 5.4L is 331 CID and the 5.8L just happens to be 351 CID :happy feet:

I for one, would like to see a N/A version of the 5.8L show up in a BOSS platform for 2014 MY (available in 2013)... Complete the BOSS "Trilogy" and then move on to the 2015 MY 50th Anniv Mustang (available in 2014)...

Not trying to "split hairs" here... But the only way for FORD to offer up a "legit" BOSS 351 would be to use the 5.8L engine... Remember, the 5.4L is 331 CID and the 5.8L just happens to be 351 CID :happy feet:

I for one, would like to see a N/A version of the 5.8L show up in a BOSS platform for 2014 MY (available in 2013)... Complete the BOSS "Trilogy" and then move on to the 2015 MY 50th Anniv Mustang (available in 2014)...

+100!!

I don't want to change the name of the car or any of the look per sé! The Boss 302 is a SERIOUS car no "bling" I would love to see a suspension, break, and engine packages (Natural and SC) that bring the car up a notch or two in these areas. Not interested in a special designator that would add any stickers to the car or anything. A nice simple dash plaque noting the modifications were made by Shelby would be a nice touch though.

My 2 cents!

I don't want to change the name of the car or any of the look per sé! The Boss 302 is a SERIOUS car no "bling" I would love to see a suspension, break, and engine packages (Natural and SC) that bring the car up a notch or two in these areas. Not interested in a special designator that would add any stickers to the car or anything. A nice simple dash plaque noting the modifications were made by Shelby would be a nice touch though.

My 2 cents!

Something like this would work for me...

$(KGrHqZHJCIE7y)zN6m5BP!6)uZjjg~~60_3.GIF

Archived