TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cowboys vs Giants

Well the boys gave up another one in what I thought was a really good game. You got to give the Giants credit for being a great team. The Dallas Cowboys just can not get their act together. Time for the Defensive Coach to get a haircut and move on. While they have many issues, the defense just can't get their act together.

I have been critical of the team's defense and a long series of errors this year. Tony Romo has my respect, playing with broken ribs early in the season and a severe hand injury against the Giants.

I have been really disapoointed in this team this year. What a waste.

GG

Until the Owner can smell his own pile of steaming poo that is his GM these are your Dallas Cowboys.

Lots of talanted players with a no-leadership QB, and a no emotion robotic head coach and a bad GM equal a terrible NFL team. It was pure luck of being in a really bad division that blinded so many into thinking the Cowboys were good this season. For two years now the Cowboys have been a prime example of how not to play football.

The GM isn't going anywhere so the coaching will aways be suspect, and until the Cowboys find a true strong team leader for the locker room that can rally and guide the team in spite of the GM and Coach the Cowboys will always be a bad team.

I've been a long time Cowboy fan but its insulting to watch football that is this bad and call it an NFL team. I'm past being angry to simply being indifferent towards the Cowboys.

Until the Owner can smell his own pile of steaming poo that is his GM these are your Dallas Cowboys.

Lots of talanted players with a no-leadership QB, and a no emotion robotic head coach and a bad GM equal a terrible NFL team. It was pure luck of being in a really bad division that blinded so many into thinking the Cowboys were good this season. For two years now the Cowboys have been a prime example of how not to play football.

The GM isn't going anywhere so the coaching will aways be suspect, and until the Cowboys find a true strong team leader for the locker room that can rally and guide the team in spite of the GM and Coach the Cowboys will always be a bad team.

I've been a long time Cowboy fan but its insulting to watch football that is this bad and call it an NFL team. I'm past being angry to simply being indifferent towards the Cowboys.

I am not a Cowboy fan, my 2 brothers are, and this is exactly what I keep telling them. The owner is terrible, the coach is terrible, and the QB is one of the most over-rated in football.

I am not a Cowboy fan, my 2 brothers are, and this is exactly what I keep telling them. The owner is terrible, the coach is terrible, and the QB is one of the most over-rated in football.

I actually like Jones as an owner but he is and always has been a terrible GM.

I wouldnt call Romo overrated. His numbers rank him among the very best in the NFL. His problem is he is not a leader and his team does not look to him for anything other than those numbers which isn't enough. Kitna proved last season that an 'OK' QB can be successful if he is a good team leader.

An offensive line that needs help + a secondary that can't cover (or tackle) + a defensive coach that sucks = yet another bad season.

Tell me about it... Oakland Raiders had the same problem (again) this year. Now with Al Davis gone, hopefully they'll hire a real GM and shake things up a bit.

On the other hand, our San Francisco 49er's are looking like they might go the distance this year... :happy feet:

Jerry worshiped Al Davis's shadow. Unfortunitly Jerry's son who will inherite the team may not be an improvement over Jerry.

Local news here in the SF Bay Area is reporting tonight that NFL veteran Reggie McKenzie, the GB Packers Director of Football Operations will be named General Manager of the Oakland Raiders in the next day or two. Reggie played linebacker for the Raiders in the late 80's. This appears to be a great step forward for the Oakland franchise that I hope will add a professional dimension to the club that has been sorely missing for many years and might restore the Raider Nation's "Commitment to Excellence".

• 2 years later...

Update 8/28/14

Well it's 24/3 Denver Broncos 3rd @7 in the 4th with 4:36 left, the boys are going to give up another one, actually the third straight one in the preseason games. Good Grief is it really over for the Dallas Cowboys going forward?????? Are they going to be the only team to not win a game in the preseason. Wow...............

Regards GG :future:

Archived