TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need a Mustang Speed Shop Recommendation!

JeffIsHereToo

Looking for a place to have the following done to my car:

Ford Racing Stage 1 CNC Ported 4.6L Assembled Heads

Ford Racing Hot Rod Camshafts

Ford Racing Intake Manifold

Ford Racing 62MM Billet Throttle Body

Ford Racing Valve Covers

Ford Racing KR Mufflers

It's about 30 hours worth of work and it will need a tune afterwards but I don't know anyplace that dyne tunes let alone a installs Ford Racing Parts on a Mustang.

Anyone have a recommendation in the AR, TX, OK, or MO area?

Thanks!

I can only speak to the Texas part but there are only two places I would use: Jeff Harris at Special Vehicle Operations in Bastrop or Tim and Tracy at Maximum Velocity Performance in San Antonio.

You could check with Mike Stacy or (Doc) Scott Laster about Oklahoma.

I have no clue about AR or MO, sorry.

Looking for a place to have the following done to my car:

Ford Racing Stage 1 CNC Ported 4.6L Assembled Heads

Ford Racing Hot Rod Camshafts

Ford Racing Intake Manifold

Ford Racing 62MM Billet Throttle Body

Ford Racing Valve Covers

Ford Racing KR Mufflers

It's about 30 hours worth of work and it will need a tune afterwards but I don't know anyplace that dyne tunes let alone a installs Ford Racing Parts on a Mustang.

Anyone have a recommendation in the AR, TX, OK, or MO area?

Thanks!

Jeff

Check with John Lofton at Lofton Motorsports in Tulsa. Phone# 918-747-7566. I haven't had any work done by him but I know a fellow with a GT500 who has had extensive work done with him.

It will be easier to pull the engine to do all that. Why not just built shortblock and SC ? All that is still only going to yield about 360rwp. Not really that far from where you are now and not much room to grow. I have all that minus the ported heads(but with longtubes) and I was at 330rwhp without the nitrous.

It will be easier to pull the engine to do all that. Why not just built shortblock and SC ? All that is still only going to yield about 360rwp. Not really that far from where you are now and not much room to grow. I have all that minus the ported heads(but with longtubes) and I was at 330rwhp without the nitrous.

Why must you make this harder...I am no $@#! serious that this bank and forth in my mind will mean I end up doing NOTHING! I have a $10K budget and I can use that to update the SGT or buy a new car...or just invest it and forget about it. I'm sure the smarter option is the later so no one chime in with that one...thanks!

Why must you make this harder...I am no $@#! serious that this bank and forth in my mind will mean I end up doing NOTHING! I have a $10K budget and I can use that to update the SGT or buy a new car...or just invest it and forget about it. I'm sure the smarter option is the later so no one chime in with that one...thanks!

Well, I have all those things(minus ported heads) and I did it all myself....cam swap, built shortblock, etc. There is no one around here that I would trust. I also put up my stock shortblock in storage in case I want to go back to stock later and keep the matching numbers(Shelby).

I just think if you're going to pull the engine out(which whoever you choose to do the work will pull it out) that you might as well stick a built bottom end in there. If we were a little closer I would help you. I'm up around the fayetville area alot but usually on weekends in the spring/summer. I'm trying to find a job and stay in Little Rock area but the market around here is dried up after Verizon bought out Alltel. I do have a couple leads up there(CDI) so I might be moving to Bentonville. If I do, I'd help you out. Just hang on to your cash for now...prediction for the market this year is not that great imo.

• 1 month later...

I can only speak to the Texas part but there are only two places I would use: Jeff Harris at Special Vehicle Operations in Bastrop or Tim and Tracy at Maximum Velocity Performance in San Antonio.

You could check with Mike Stacy or (Doc) Scott Laster about Oklahoma.

I have no clue about AR or MO, sorry.

Good day, so while searching out info for our new Shelby.. I found this post. I live just down in Kempner, and work at Fort Hood when im home, so Bastrop and SA are both reachable for work.... if needed.

This thread is old, but our post not so much.. GOOD... Have you had work done at those two shops? DO you know of other members here that have had work done there?

Thanks

Erik

Good day, so while searching out info for our new Shelby.. I found this post. I live just down in Kempner, and work at Fort Hood when im home, so Bastrop and SA are both reachable for work.... if needed.

This thread is old, but our post not so much.. GOOD... Have you had work done at those two shops? DO you know of other members here that have had work done there?

Thanks

Erik

My brother has used both on his GT500 and then on his GT350. I have used Jeff a couple of times as a "regular" mechanic for some of my other Fords. I have no complaints about Jeff and have heard nothing bad about MVP.

I dont think you can go wrong either way.

Archived