TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Get a boss f150 to trailer your Boss 302

ShelbyEra08

I'm from Salina, kansas. The Sales Manager at Long-Mcarther Ford had the truck done up this way. He had the Ford Racing Boss intake installed on the engine. I was for service on the first of the month for my Lightning and the salesman that sold me my 07 GT500 told me about the truck.

The also have a 2012 yellow blaze Mustang GT that they painted the complete top Matte Black and added a Ford Racing 624 horsepower supercharger, Roush exhaust and after market wheels.

The eco-boost is a great engine. This truck has the 5.0 V8 and with the Boss intake should be somewhere near 365 horsepower. The truck 5.0 is rated at lower horsepower but gets more torque down low than the Mustang 5.0. With this engine setup it would be a low maintenance engine. No turbos to cook, less heat.

I dont understnd why a Ford dealer would turn to an aftermarket tuner like 5star for the engine. It is certainly easy for a Ford dealer to get their hands on a BOSS 5.0 or a crate aluminator 5.0. My problem is always with the fact that dealers tend to make it sound like they are working as an agent of Ford to build this on behalf of Ford Motor Company. Feasibility study? Feasible for who? that dealer in KS?

Im all for anyone building whatever they want.....they can build a Fusion Raptor if it fancies them, but dont make it out like they are building it for Dearborn.

Archived