TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Ya Think?

CHEVY2SHELBY

I like the look. I had a simular idea a while back but then it was pointed out to me that this could be dangerous if you are in a accident and the airbag deploys so I never went thru with it.

Yes, that would be my concern. Unless you've disabled the airbag, you have essentially made it a potentially lethal weapon. Being a firefighter for over 20 years, I've seen through training and accidents what power comes out of those bags. The Mustang bag will basically split right in the center when the bag goes off. Possible to get lucky that an edge of the emblem will stay attached to the casing, but more likely, it will come off and become a projectile. Just a thought. Don't mean to be a downer, but that is the first thing that I thought of when I saw that.

Love the valve covers however! I also really like the wheels, really give it a muscle car look.

To each there own on customizing your car but for me it's going to stay as stock as it came from SAI. After comparing #352 and #70 I saw some differences that I am not sure I want to change. If I knew these differences were a running change from Shelby then I would leave them as I got them.

It never occurred to me as a threat in an accident. Very good point

Along with good lawsuit material. All it takes is a valet parker or dealership person to hit the gas instead of the brake and although they are at fault you'll find yourself being sued for that missing eye of theirs when the airbag sends that emblem flying like shrapnel.

Steve

Archived