TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Boss on the way

SoFL05GT

I'll soon be replacing 08SGT0528 with a new 2012 Boss 302. The Boss was built last week and is now awaiting shipment. It'll be competition orange with black stripes, with the recaro seats and torsen diff. awesome.gif I really prefer the unique look of the 2012 Boss vs. the 2013 model, plus I got a super sweet deal on the 2012. I'm so lucky to have a wife that undertands my obsession with Mustangs. She's okay with the purchase even though it means she'll have to wait on getting our kitchen remodeled.

I can't wait to be driving one of these..

Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-2012-Side-Front-1024x680.jpg

05-2013-mustang-boss-302-100x100.jpg

Congrats! My wife actually gave me permission to trade the SGT for a BOSS, that is until she realized it would mean she would have to wait a few more years before she could get a new car.

I'll keep the SGT and will find myself a gently used BOSS in a couple year.

Congrats! My wife actually gave me permission to trade the SGT for a BOSS, that is until she realized it would mean she would have to wait a few more years before she could get a new car.

I'll keep the SGT and will find myself a gently used BOSS in a couple year.

Smart man you are young Jedi. :hysterical:

If you keep the wife happy.....Happy things happen. :wub:

This is Tana the first time she sat in her new GT500

027.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

SWEET that is great news. I can't wait to get my Grabber Blue 302.

I kind of like the track fact display that is on the 2013's

I hear that if you track the car on a road course you will need to upgrade the radiator otherwise you will have overheating issues. I wonder if the Shelby/Van radiator will fit without having to cut into anything?

Does anybody know if the brake duct bezels, hoses and backing plates come with the standard Boss or is it just standard on the LS Boss?

My wife gave me a fit also and I am the older gen. It's just the word Boss is what they are .You will love your purchase and congads. One thing I am going to do is paint the out side rim black so the whole rim is black.

I kind of like the track fact display that is on the 2013's

I hear that if you track the car on a road course you will need to upgrade the radiator otherwise you will have overheating issues. I wonder if the Shelby/Van radiator will fit without having to cut into anything?

Does anybody know if the brake duct bezels, hoses and backing plates come with the standard Boss or is it just standard on the LS Boss?

Great choice on the GB 2013 Boss 302. The 13 is a huge improvement over the 12 for track people because of more air flow through the front grille and the heat extractors in the hood. The brake duct kit is not standard on the 302, only on the LS Boss.

Thanks, I'm so excited! The only track my Boss will see is the occasional dragstrip, so no overheating concerns. Your 2013 will look sharp in Grabber Blue!

Congrats on getting the Boss and for having a great wife.

Marji gave me the green light but I'm waiting. The business is not as strong as I'd like it to be in this economy.

Thanks! Being cautious is smart..you have more control than me. :drool:

Must be the younger generation - "asking the wife."

It's her hard-earned money being spent too and it works both ways, LOL. ..and I'm from the older generation too.

My wife gave me a fit also and I am the older gen. It's just the word Boss is what they are .You will love your purchase and congads. One thing I am going to do is paint the out side rim black so the whole rim is black.

The 13 is a huge improvement over the 12 for track people..

IMO, the styling of the 2012 Boss is more unigue, and I won't be taking mine on a road course, only the occasional dragstrip. It'll be perfect!

Great choice on the GB 2013 Boss 302. The 13 is a huge improvement over the 12 for track people because of more air flow through the front grille and the heat extractors in the hood. The brake duct kit is not standard on the 302, only on the LS Boss.

I plan on making my future ride to have most of the track features of the LS. I am sure I will be able to order and install all the crucial track parts such as the brake ducts and transmission scoop and front spoiler and upgraded radiator for much less than a LS and I still get my favorite color Grabber Blue.

HOLY SHIP that looks killer. What does the MCA stand for .....Mustang Club of America? Now do we get to see a photo of her sitting in that MCA?

Yeah you can't have two Grabber Blue stangs in the house.

Yes, Mustang Club of America. It's V6 Premium with the MCA package (sterling gray wheels, GT/CS style front grill, side stripe, fog lamps, rear blackout). I added the pedestal spoiler, GT/CS rear valance and Magnaflow street series axle backs.

This is the only photo I have of the wife sitting in her car, LOL. We had just taken delivery of her car on a Sun. and this was her driving off to work that Mon. We had the car so little time by then that I only had time to install the spoiler.

IMG_4949.jpg

Smart man you are young Jedi. :hysterical:

If you keep the wife happy.....Happy things happen. :wub:

This is Tana the first time she sat in her new GT500

027.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

You have a great looking wife who loves Shelby's . What else is there in life ?

You have a great looking wife who loves Shelby's . What else is there in life ?

Thank you. The 2 of us have been like pees and pods since she was 15 and I was 16. We even shared a locker together in HS and then married.

....and there is just one other thing that could be better to go with the Wife and Shelby's : Early retirement and paychecks that just show up every month while not having to work for them.

3 more years. happy%20feet.gif

Congrats on the 302s guys! Before upgrading the radiator on the '12s, just remove the grill for the track. Engine temps come way down. Or you can get a better grill that allows more air flow - Boss 302S from FRPP, Roush, or Saleen. The grill on the '13 is supposed to have a better flowing grill so you don't have to remove or replace it.

These are great cars, but I sure do hate seeing all the SGTs get traded!

Kevin

I plan on making my future ride to have most of the track features of the LS. I am sure I will be able to order and install all the crucial track parts such as the brake ducts and transmission scoop and front spoiler and upgraded radiator for much less than a LS and I still get my favorite color Grabber Blue.

Chad, most of the 2012 LS people agree with you on the brake ducts and transmission cooler scoop but upgraded radiator may not be necessary on the 13. It seems Ford fixed the overheating in high temperature track days by the new hood and grill. Just thought I would pass this info on if you missed it.

http://forums.themus...g-issue-500146/

Archived