TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby K-member NICE PACKAGING

NordicShelby

I bought the Shelby 8 quart oil pan a few months ago I called my local shop asking them how much to install it and they told me around $500 since they had to drop the K-Member so I thought since I had to spend that much I might as well replace the K-Member with the one that Shelby has on SPP.

I got home last night to see this sitting in front of my Garage.

SERIOUSLY YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER to tell them they need to figure out better packaging

385472_10150502592009493_770734492_10451144_989618168_n.jpg

Thanks for posting the packaging. I will bring it up with the manufacturer directly.

Mine was delivered, punched through the box in the same area as his is, just not 'quite' as bad.

The four bolt hole bosses were punched through and slightly scuffed but I figured the structure wasn't bothered, only the coating.

Others might not be so forgiving.

Phill

Thanks for posting the packaging. I will bring it up with the manufacturer directly.

Your welcome, I know you well enough that you would want to see this so you can call them and say "hey you better get the packaging better this is what is happening."

Its not really scratched too bad actually its just slightly scuffed but when I first saw the box like that I hit the roof.

Wow! I would send it back Chad looks like they sent you the wrong k-memeber. The Ski-Doo will never fit under the SGT. Well, on second thought maybe it will come in handy over the winter.

:hysterical:

I love my new sled I picked it two weeks ago. I had to snow check it which means I had to order it in the Spring. Its a 2012 Ski-doo 800 eTec XRS (factory race sled for the trails). I went down the check list and got every single option I could order on it. Snowmobiling is how I get my Shelby fix in the winter, I have to be able to go fast and corner hard during all seasons. Wish I could get out on it but we only have had 5 inches of snow so far.....I am so jonesin to put my first mile on it.

I bought the Shelby 8 quart oil pan a few months ago I called my local shop asking them how much to install it and they told me around $500 since they had to drop the K-Member so I thought since I had to spend that much I might as well replace the K-Member with the one that Shelby has on SPP.

I got home last night to see this sitting in front of my Garage.

SERIOUSLY YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER to tell them they need to figure out better packaging

Hey!

I love that K-member, but I've been told it really affects driveability and NVH, makes the car feel pretty harsh.

Let me know what YOU think after you install it - I'm trying to offset the weight I added with the supercharger, and I wanna get the A-Arms and K-Member... looks like a slick setup.

Jer

Whats NVH?

When I called SPP I asked the rep who I never spoke to before if it would really affect how the car feels on the road. He said that he rode in a KR that had one and he said that you get a little vibration but thats all........so I hope its not one of those mods that I pay to have put in then I pay to have taken out.

Looks like Phil has his installed so he could answer if it affects the driveability.

It should be far more stiff than the OE KMember therefor should transfer more vibration to the driver. Any performance oriented chasis and suspention mod will do this. Chad, if you stick with the OE A-arms then much of the road harshness should be taken out by the rubber bushings but you may feel more vibration from the motor alone.

Whats NVH?

Looks like Phil has his installed so he could answer if it affects the driveability.

NVH: Noise Vibration Handling.

I kind of expected a LOT or engine vibration due to the poly motor mounts that replace the OEM rubber mounts so I was rather surprised when I didn't notice any.

As far as stiffness is concerned, it's my opinion that the OEM K-member (i.e. sub-frame) would be CONSIDERABLY more rigid than the tube unit as it is a "boxed" frame assembly.

The ONE thing I notice now is a sharp "SNAP" when I'm sitting still and turn the wheel from side to side. That indicates that something is probably shifting so I need to get back under the car for a bolt check. I *suspect* it's the K-member shifting from side to side but it could also be either one of the (OEM) A-arms or the steering rack.

I have a set of Shelby tubed A-arms ordered and I am awaiting their arrival so I figure when I get under the car to install them, I'll go back over all the fasteners on the K-member too.

I also noticed that my car is sitting 1/2" lower on the drivers side than the pass. side. I got the tape measure out to figure WTF is going on and I immdiately noticed that my left front wheel is sitting 1/2" more inside the fender than the right front wheel is sitting. That tells me I have the K-member off to the right by 1/4" too much so I need to try to get it moved over by 1/4" when I do the A-arms. I should'a known because when I had the car aligned the Tech noted on the Service Record that he had the alignment all the way to the max on one side. I look at my caster/camber plates and notice that the strut rod is all the way to the right side of the holes on both towers (Dr. side towards the engine, Pass. side towards the fender).

It shouldn't be hard to remedy, unless the Shelby (BMR) K-member was produced with a off-set (i.e. a bad K-member).

I also have a set of the Shelby Baer rear brakes coming to match my front brakes.

It never ends,

Phill

Archived