TEAM SHELBY FORUM

302 LS Wheels Mounted on my 2012 Coupe

Madlock

The ExtremeContact DWS finally arrived in 275/40-19 and 245/40-19 for the BOSS 302 Laguna Seca wheels I managed to find - which I had mounted this weekend as a second, and more comfortable set of all-season "show" wheels.

Surprisingly, I don't feel a tremendous amount of difference between the 275/40-19's and 275/35-20's DWSs I'd been running on the Alcoa SuperSnake wheels in terms of overall comfort - which I'd expected, given another full inch of sidewall. Nevertheless, both are CONSIDERABLY more comfortable than the OE F1 G: 2s in about 95% of situations - while ALSO being Y rated.

Can't quite make-up my mind about whether or not I like them - or how much, compared to either the OE SVTPP wheels or the 20" Alcoa's. A week of warm weather will hopefully help me decide.

Red-1.JPG

The ExtremeContact DWS finally arrived in 275/40-19 and 245/40-19 for the BOSS 302 Laguna Seca wheels I managed to find - which I had mounted this weekend as a second, and more comfortable set of all-season "show" wheels.

Surprisingly, I don't feel a tremendous amount of difference between the 275/40-19's and 275/35-20's DWSs I'd been running on the Alcoa SuperSnake wheels in terms of overall comfort - which I'd expected, given another full inch of sidewall. Nevertheless, both are CONSIDERABLY more comfortable than the OE F1 G: 2s in about 95% of situations - while ALSO being Y rated.

Can't quite make-up my mind about whether or not I like them - or how much, compared to either the OE SVTPP wheels or the 20" Alcoa's. A week of warm weather will hopefully help me decide.

Red-1.JPG

I think they look great. I typically don't like something that wild but they work perfectly with your car. Actually they look better on your car than on either the silver or black boss LS.

My guess is the attention getting factor of your car just went up. That has its pros/cons.

I agree the thing that makes it work so well is the white and thin red stripes. Otherwise...I don't think it would look good.

@Madlock - Forgive me if we covered this ground already...because I can't remember...but you were running 275's on all four corners previously? Did you notice anything different with that, if that was the case?

Being the owner of a Black LS I disagree strongly with your opinion. :)

I saw my 1st BOSS on Monday and it was a red on Black LS. I thought it look real sharp. Much better in person then in photos.

The LS wheel on the GT500 with red on white looks fantastic as well. I had actually put together this combo a few weeks ago using the Mustang Customizer that Ford has out. Well done!

Archived