TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nickname for the 2013 GT500

supersnake94

"Blue Devil" as I recall, was part of the internal PR campaign the Corvette guys ran so that the muckety-muck in Chevy's/GM's chain of command, who happened be a Duke grad, would sign off on the ZR1 program's expenses. Probably the same guy who took them into bankruptcy. Not a legacy Ford should be chasing.

Regardless, the "Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 SVT" (or whatever the official order is) really doesn't need yet another name.

At the risk of being, you know, like, obvious: GT650.

Contrary to popular belief, the GT350 and the GT500 did not get so named because they had 350HP or 500HP.

The GT350 was so named because when Shelby asked how far it was from one (of his) buidings to another, the reply was "about 350 feet" and hence the name, GT350. It is said the GT500 got it's name only because Shelby wanted a bigger number than 350 and "500 sounded right".

And I agree. My car has 750HP and I had thought (for a second) about having GT750 side rocker decals made...but GT750 sounds lame

JMHO,

Phill

.................................................................................................................................. having GT750 side rocker decals made...but GT750 sounds lame

JMHO,

Phill

Don't laugh, at Carlisle a few years ago I saw a 1966 Mustang fastback with "GT-200" painted on the sides of a Shelby looking clone with a 200 cubic inch I-6 under the hood.

Don't laugh, at Carlisle a few years ago I saw a 1966 Mustang fastback with "GT-200" painted on the sides of a Shelby looking clone with a 200 cubic inch I-6 under the hood.

LOL

I saw a late model ('06 or newer) Mustang in the drive-thru line at Jack in the Box just recently. It had double OTT stripes on it with a small hood scoop like a Shelby GT on it...with "GT300" rocker decals!

It *looked* genuine and I started looking around the 'Net to see if a GT300 was ever made. NOPE, not that I could find.

I don't think it was a SGT but he did a *good* job at cloning one, other than the "300" give-away on the side.

Phill

The GT350 was so named because when Shelby asked how far it was from one (of his) buidings to another, the reply was "about 350 feet" and hence the name, GT350.

Well, maybe we're on to something here. Will someone kindly pace off the distance between the Shelby factory & museum in Vegas? ;)

Well, maybe we're on to something here. Will someone kindly pace off the distance between the Shelby factory & museum in Vegas? ;)

ROTFLMAO!

I asked that same question a couple of years back when I first joined onto Team Shelby.

I've been there tens of times and never thoght about doing it myself.

If I can remember next time I'm out there....I'll bring my measuring wheel and pace it out!

EDIT: From memory, it's probably less than 100 yds/300 feet so if you don't want to call your car a GT280, I don't know if that will work. But the Mod Shop is a little further so I'll pace the distance from the musuerm door to the mod shop door and see how that works out too. Or I could walk all the way to the end of the second building where "the House of Lights" is located....(the final stop for Super Snakes).

Phill

I think I got a nickname for the 2013 GT500. I mean it has a cool Grabber Blue paint color.

These sinister looking pictures gave me an idea on a nickname.

13ShelbyGT500_angle-rear.jpg2013-shelby-gt500.jpg

I know what I want to call this GT500, but I can't really put my finger on it...

Bowtie Choker

Bowtie Duster

Archived