TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where is the SUPERCHARGER gauge?

braztang

:headscratch:

The ineterior of the new Shelby GT500 dashboard no longer has a SUPERCHARGER ANALOG PSI GAUGE!

Shelby GT500 interior Picture

Could anyone personally visiting the LA AUTO SHOW inquire about that!

Safe Ride,

braztang :worship:

WOW!!! I just noticed ... not about the guage but the speedometer. That thing goes to 220 mph! :o Not that it would ever see it but I get people commenting now on my 160 mph speedometer. ;)

WOW!!! I just noticed ... not about the guage but the speedometer. That thing goes to 220 mph! :o Not that it would ever see it but I get people commenting now on my 160 mph speedometer. ;)

that looks great, 220MHP!!!

Safe ride and always RESPONSIBLE with WHERE to speed!

Braztang

Did you also notice how the rate of movement of the needle changes? Is it that way on the 12's? Changes from 20 mph increments to 30 in even smaller spaces. I know it's all electronically controlled anyhow, I just thought it was interesting.

Did you also notice how the rate of movement of the needle changes? Is it that way on the 12's? Changes from 20 mph increments to 30 in even smaller spaces. I know it's all electronically controlled anyhow, I just thought it was interesting.

It took me a while to see that, from 20mph increments once it reaches 100mph, it jumps to 130mph with 30mph increments!

It is actually different to the older models, which increments by 20mph.

Good observation!

GUYS...PLEASE if anyone knows when BANK OPENS for ordering it, ADVISE ASAP.

Thank you and a safe ride to everyone out there.

braztang

It took me a while to see that, from 20mph increments once it reaches 100mph, it jumps to 130mph with 30mph increments!

It is actually different to the older models, which increments by 20mph.

Good observation!

GUYS...PLEASE if anyone knows when BANK OPENS for ordering it, ADVISE ASAP.

Thank you and a safe ride to everyone out there.

braztang

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71415-ordering-your-2013-shelby/page__pid__1223428#entry1223428

Lack of the boost guage is no real loss. It wasn't real anyway. It was some interpolation of other engine measurements and hard to read. At least mine is either 0 or swinging to full boost then falling back and has no obvious interpretation. Being slammed back into the seat at full throttle is a much much better indicator that the supercharger is still there and working properly.:) Oh, it also whines a bit to let you know it is working.

I would assume that it along with the amps, water temp, and fuel are in the same location as prior years but they are now digital/LCD and are present until the track app is engaged.

The analog Coolant Temp and Gas gauges are integrated into the Tach, as per the photo.

My 2011 F-150 has the same Driver Information Center LCD screen between the Speedo/Tach and it has a variety of gauge options. My bet is the Vac/Boost gauge will be in the DIC with a digital read-out similar to the Trans Temp gauge on my truck.

Phill

The analog Coolant Temp and Gas gauges are integrated into the Tach, as per the photo.

My 2011 F-150 has the same Driver Information Center LCD screen between the Speedo/Tach and it has a variety of gauge options. My bet is the Vac/Boost gauge will be in the DIC with a digital read-out similar to the Trans Temp gauge on my truck.

Phill

I didn't open the link. Was working off memory.

Lack of the boost guage is no real loss.

Nevertheless it's fun to watch, like the original 1970s Battlestar Galactica sequences where the Viper pilots hit their "Turbo" buttons and their ships did an outer-space burnout. :burnout:

Archived