TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Mustang Pics!!!

bpmurr

Well I have seen the 2013 Mustang GT and I am not crazy about the front end, to busy . The auto does not have paddles YET. They are trying to copy the GT500 but the thing is the 6 cyl will look like a GT500 now. They have pushed this retro thing way to LONG. The 2012 front was going away from retro. I do like the rear end on the GT500 .

I'm just still really confused about the fake plastic grill light inserts molded into the grill of the Boss. Why???? It would look so much cleaner with just a horizontal bar all the way across or complete egg crate. I mean, I love car, I just don't understand.

And the tail lights actually fit the curve of the trunk lid...yea!!!

I'm just still really confused about the fake plastic grill light inserts molded into the grill of the Boss. Why???? It would look so much cleaner with just a horizontal bar all the way across or complete egg crate. I mean, I love car, I just don't understand.

And the tail lights actually fit the curve of the trunk lid...yea!!!

I assume the intent was to give it that stripped down race car look while distinguishing it from the V6. I actually like the look.

Honestly, the GT500 is a sexy car, but can you put the egg crate grille back on? Just one thing to change on the car. I don't want to drive it and end up getting a bird in my radiator.

How many birds have you had in *your* "egg crate grille"?

How many birds do you know of that have ended up in ANYONE'S "egg crate grille"?

That's what I thought.

Phill

No I was looking at the configration of it squared off & has 3 steps in it.

I see that in the exploded view of the engine.

It just looks like a little larger capacity to me. The first step is in the old (at least in my 2010) oil pan. It looks like they added slightly more sump with the 2nd step.

I saved the pic to my HD and I'm going to try to zoom in and see it better.

Phill

The more pictures I see the better I like the 2012 I just bought. Mine is getting it's personalization and will far exceed the 2013. Don't believe this one will leave the stable anytime soon.

I'm fighting the temptation to trade-in my 2010 and get a 2013.

Temptation is winning.

For now.

My initial thoughts were to get a '13 and have it Super Snaked but after the release, I don't see how Shelby is going to be able to "upfit" the '13 with a better suspension or better engine package. With 650HP out the door (more than SA offered on their entry level '-7-'09 SS & as much as you got with a 2010 SS), you really don't need any more power. And a FRPP style (manual) adjustable dampner set would be dumbing down the electronically adjustable stock dampners offered on a stock GT500 now.

So what is Shelby going to offer for a 2013 Super Snake, a body package? With the new and improved aerodynamics the car is already said to be capable of 200+ MPH.

Why mess with a good thing?

That means either buy a 2013 GT500 and leave it alone, or keep my current 2010 GT500 (with all of the same mods a SS has) and save a bunch of money I'd lose in a trade/buy/upfit.

Decisions, decisions,

Phill Pollard

How many birds have you had in *your* "egg crate grille"?How many birds do you know of that have ended up in ANYONE'S "egg crate grille"?That's what I thought.Phill

I know somebody that had a bird in the honeycomb grill of his 11' GT350 while driving at what he described as “warp speed” and that did some damage to the grill itself.

I know somebody that had a bird in the honeycomb grill of his 11' GT350 while driving at what he described as warp speed and that did some damage to the grill itself.

That's one. And your story pretty much proves that if you hit a bird at high speed, it won't matter if you have a "egg crate" grille or not. You WILL get some damage.

I got a Bat (the mammal) stuck in the grlle of my '67 Camaro one time. No damage to the car, dead Bat.

Car = 1

Bat = 0.

I would'a thought a Bat was quicker than that.

I know a guy that hit a flock of black birds one time and splattered blood & guts all over his windshield. Nothing in his grille.

My point remains, it is RARE to get a bird in your grille.

I'd take the 200+ MPH open grille advantage over the "egg crate" any day.

Phill

Birds will normally will get out of the way unless they are wet. Took out a bird years ago with a 71 Camaro I drove to high school. Hit by grill with no damage during a rain storm. Took out a second bird with a 74 Trans Am while in college. Weather was below freezing and bird took out a piece of the front spoiler! I saw red (car color) in my rear view mirror. Stopped to check it out. My then girl friend (now wife) thought that I was concerned for the bird till she heard me cussing from the damage to the front spoiler! :doh:

Archived