TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Mustang Pics!!!

bpmurr

5000 Facebook likes on the official Mustang page unlocks 2013 Mustang Pics! Lets get it done people!

https://www.facebook.com/fordmustang?v=app_228724917148268

Umm, there's already 1,7788.352 "likes" and no pics.

Phill

Just shared a badge. Hopefully we will get some sneaky peekies very soon!

BTW, can't we just sharpen the images to get a good look at the pics? :spiteful: Looks like the first pic is just the nose of the new 'stang and the one below that looks like the track apps display and the ones on the right look like the new headlights and revised brakelights.

http://i.autoblog.com/2011/11/12/ford-looks-to-facebook-for-2013-mustang-reveal/

Picture #1 is finally out. Part of 2013 Boss 302 Grille with 1970 stripe.

post-22637-0-10836200-1321131435_thumb.jpg

And it has the nose like a 2010+ Shelby......

Phill

I'd rather they be a little more creative and offer a distinct looking front end rather than just take the lazy approach and steal the uniqueness away from the GT500.

There are so many other ways they could've styled the front end without ripping off the GT500. VERY DISAPPOINTING FORD!!!

Seriously, relax. The GT500 gets a new front end

I'd rather they be a little more creative and offer a distinct looking front end rather than just take the lazy approach and steal the uniqueness away from the GT500.

There are so many other ways they could've styled the front end without ripping off the GT500. VERY DISAPPOINTING FORD!!!

+1

I agree with you.

They need to come up with something new. The exclusive 2 year model run is now 7 yeas old. It's a great look that will never be forgotten but Ford needs to come up with something new IMO.

+1

I agree with you.

They need to come up with something new. The exclusive 2 year model run is now 7 yeas old. It's a great look that will never be forgotten but Ford needs to come up with something new IMO.

Exactly! Let the 07-12 GT500 "look" remain distinctive and become a classic and come up with a fresh look that will bring old AND new buyers to the Mustang. I don't care for the looks of the Camaro but compared to the Mustang it's a FRESH look and that look is one reason it's sales are stronger than the Mustang.

2013 is the last hurrah for this body / chassis...I wonder how well they will sell w/ an all-new "global" Mustang coming out in 2014?

That the GT500 gets a new front end is irrelevant- the 07-12 has been ripped off. A classless act on Fords part in my opinion.

The six banger model is using 07-09 GT500 grill styling now and you can get it with wheels that look like the KR wheel. Bottom line is Ford will do the best they can to sell the most cars, affordable mustangs included, most of us would do the same.

The six banger model is using 07-09 GT500 grill styling now and you can get it with wheels that look like the KR wheel. Bottom line is Ford will do the best they can to sell the most cars, affordable mustangs included, most of us would do the same.

Bottomline is Ford/Mustang is not selling the most Mustangs that they could. Sales have been depressed for several years. So why continue to do what's not working?

It doesn't take a marketing genius to see that a true refresh would be a better idea, not just a shifting of parts from one model to another.

I suppose 2015 will be that refresh but I believe the retro look will be completely dead.

That the GT500 gets a new front end is irrelevant- the 07-12 has been ripped off. A classless act on Fords part in my opinion.

07-09/10-12 dont look the same. My understanding is the front end is simular, but, not the same as we see now. I guess you have a right to an opinion. Not sure I would get too bent until you see the car though.

Bottomline is Ford/Mustang is not selling the most Mustangs that they could. Sales have been depressed for several years. So why continue to do what's not working?

It doesn't take a marketing genius to see that a true refresh would be a better idea, not just a shifting of parts from one model to another.

I suppose 2015 will be that refresh but I believe the retro look will be completely dead.

All indications are that 2014/15 will be the year they develop a Mustang made for all markets (US, Europe, etc. ). The US market is somewhat finite - expanding the offerings to fit the global market is how one grows. From what I've read, the '14 and beyond models will be smaller and more compact. I think I saw somewhere where it would be a similar size to the '64 - '65 model. I really did not think about this much 'till I started looking at my GT500 parked next to my wife's 2011 Grand Cherokee. The 500 is about the same size overall, but not as tall obviously. That's "big" in my opinion .

All of the teasers were leaked. Maybe Ford should avoid Facebook.

dbacef48.jpg

The sales of the Mustang are not what I would considered 'depressed' they are in the process of normalizing because there are more options availible to the consumer then there was five years ago, and I'm not just talking the Camaro. The Mustang is using an aged platform (that is still setting the standard that all others are still chasing) and Ford will be releasing a completely new platform but letting the current model go untouched until then is only a good idea if you wish to be come irrelevant in the market until the new plateform arrives.

I'll be holding my opinion on the final product until the full reveal on Tuesday.

All of the teasers were leaked. Maybe Ford should avoid Facebook.

dbacef48.jpg

The sales of the Mustang are not what I would considered 'depressed' they are in the process of normalizing because there are more options availible to the consumer then there was five years ago, and I'm not just talking the Camaro. The Mustang is using an aged platform (that is still setting the standard that all others are still chasing) and Ford will be releasing a completely new platform but letting the current model go untouched until then is only a good idea if you wish to be come irrelevant in the market until the new plateform arrives.

I'll be holding my opinion on the final product until the full reveal on Tuesday.

My opinion, tail lights are a cross between the 71-73 Mustang and/or a Maveric

And this "Generation" of Mustangs/Shelbys has now run it's course... Hopefully, FORD won't re-name the 50th Anniv body style as the Mustang II... However, it does appear that history, has in fact repeated itself...

And this "Generation" of Mustangs/Shelbys has now run it's course... Hopefully, FORD won't re-name the 50th Anniv body style as the Mustang II... However, it does appear that history, has in fact repeated itself...

This has been a good run for us, IMO. Please don't let that part of Mustang history repeat!!

I could not stand another Mustang "Dos".

My SVT Sales Mgr. was trying to describe the changes made to the tail lights and I didn't understand. That pic gives me a much better idea of what he was trying to tell. me.

I have a feeling everyone is going to be very disappointed in the changes made to the GT500 front end. From his description, they will be fairly minor and only to distinguish the GT500 from the Mustang front facia. He layed his hand over the front marker lights and ran it across the light saying "this area will get a slight change" and HID's for *all* lights on the car (at least head/tail/parking type lights).

EDIT: I meant LED's, *not* HID's. And it looks like the subtle changes he said were being made were to the MUSTANG (GT500 style) front end, where the fog lights were, not to the Shelby GT500 front end. All that appears to be visually different is the front splitter with the reinforcement rib under it (for strength at high speeds).

We shall see.....

Phill

Archived