TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm Leavin' Now

springer

Here is a tribute to one great car, the GT/SC. I tried my hand at windows movie maker last night - this is my first one, and this what I came up with. Enjoy my friends and thanks in advance for checking it out.

John, I noticed you have the Shelby trim ring, rather than the faux gas cap, and the CS emblem. How did you install both? any problems?

thank you

It was pretty good John! Way better than anything I could do that's for sure!!! But the real question I have is .... Where ya going? You're not selling the car are ya?

Doug, I thought the song would go with the story line, thou it isn't much of a story line. Man buys car, car leaves, goes to Vegas, car comes home and the "man-boy" has a little fun with it while he is still young LOL!

jP

John, I noticed you have the Shelby trim ring, rather than the faux gas cap, and the CS emblem. How did you install both? any problems?

thank you

They fit perfect! There are two pieces, the outer ring and the center CS supercharged cover. Here is another pic of the finished product.post-26281-0-65453700-1320898257_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-65453700-1320898257_thumb.jpg

The last pic in the movie was taken here in Dallas at the SCAT (Shelby Cobra Association of Texas) convention in 1995. Mr. Shelby was pretty close to the SCAT club and seemed to know many of the members. He would always sign autographs for us at the convention for a minimal fee for his charity. During the banquet dinner at the 1995 convention, I remember when it was Mr. Shelby's turn to speak, he voiced his displeasure with all the companies making Cobra kit cars and how he was going to go after them - which he subsequently did. Those were wonderful times back then!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived