TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad Stripe Poll

What Color Shelby GT had the most Bad Stripes?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What Color Shelby GT had the most Bad Stripes?

Seriously? :hysterical:

WTF are you asking this question?? :headscratch:

The black/white SGT's when though the same manufacturing process using the same materials being built side by side in 2006-07. How the hell can the color of the car make any kind of difference??? :doh:

And oh by the way, you're forgetting the, 2006-07 SGT-H's, 2008 GO SGT's and the BJ's with the red stripes.....:poke:

Seriously? :hysterical:

WTF are you asking this question?? :headscratch:

The black/white SGT's when though the same manufacturing process using the same materials being built side by side in 2006-07. How the hell can the color of the car make any kind of difference??? :doh:

And oh by the way, you're forgetting the, 2006-07 SGT-H's, 2008 GO SGT's and the BJ's with the red stripes.....:poke:

I don't ever remember reading that the BJ Cars had the same problem as the SGT's and The only things I have read about the GT-H Cars is the Stripes were damaged from Rental Use. And YES, I am Serious, Especially since some people think that White is the faster Color and Speed may have something to do with it............ :hysterical:

There are many variables that have to be taken into account about the whole bad stripe issue....daily driver vs Garage queen, different way of taking care of the car waxes/polishes, location of different cars inland or near the coasts.....but my black stripes held up fairly well for 4 yrs with good care.

There are many variables that have to be taken into account about the whole bad stripe issue....daily driver vs Garage queen, different way of taking care of the car waxes/polishes, location of different cars inland or near the coasts.....but my black stripes held up fairly well for 4 yrs with good care.

Plus, the original stripes were different on the 07's then the later Vista's, GO's, and BJ's. I've been told they switched to a thicker heavier material in 08.

Plus, the original stripes were different on the 07's then the later Vista's, GO's, and BJ's. I've been told they switched to a thicker heavier material in 08.

That must be why I have yet to see a Thread or comments about the Stripes on the Vista Blue and the Grabber Orange cars. OR the GT 500 Cars for that matter.

Mine are perfect!!!!...................................I had mine changed before the car hit the road back in 07.

So.... just my opinion but yes the weather would have to do something with it and if they both sat out in the sun at the same time I would have to guess the black one would have worse stripes quicker... since there stuck on... and it gets ALOT hotter and contains alot of heat since its the color black? I am assuming the color would actually factor in the how long it would last on the car just my guess... if im wrong please tell me and set me straight.

What Color Shelby GT had the most Bad Stripes?

I'm just curious because of all the Threads I have read on this and other Sites, I think most have been Black SGT's.

My SGT sat on a Ford dealer's lot for 6 months, went un-sold due to a ridiculous $10,000 over sticker sur-charge. I bought the car for $8,000 under the sticker and had to deal with spotted stripes from the very beginning. After reading all the posts on Team Shelby, I just removed the silver tape stripes and had them painted on. To this day, after 60,000 miles of daily driving and NOT garaged, the stripes still look new . While I was at it I added a GT-H hood and GT-500 spoiler, and have been a "happy camper" ever since. regards, Larry

So far it looks like the Black Cars have the most Bad Stripes, I know only 11 Votes, but it seems that most of the Threads Started about the Stripes on TS and the other Sites are started by owners of Black SGT's. I wonder if the fact that the Black Car Bodies get hotter then the White and Blue Car Bodies.

So far it looks like the Black Cars have the most Bad Stripes, I know only 11 Votes, but it seems that most of the Threads Started about the Stripes on TS and the other Sites are started by owners of Black SGT's. I wonder if the fact that the Black Car Bodies get hotter then the White and Blue Car Bodies.

Just a thought...as far as black and white, there are also more black ones out there.

Not really. It just means that so far more black owners have responded. This means nothing, especially when you consider that there were more black cars produced. So even if EVERY owner for every listed color responded you would only learn, that as I have said, color doesn't matter.

Although this isnt scientific by any means, just like with all statistics, the results will be skewed by how the question is asked. I have a white SGT and have lyckily experienced no problems, yet. But, I couldnt answer about the other colors though, so you may not get many responses simply because people can only vote on what they "think."

Still, an interesting discussion.

SGT#446, white, stripes were HORRENDOUS. They looked yellow from all the corrosion.

Non-garage kept, rain and snow all present and accounted for. Color wouldn't have mattered a bit, in MY case.

Jer

100% truth.

Yup. I have the "latest material", and it's still just vinyl adhesive. "It is what it is".

Painting them on is in my future, for sure.

Jer

I'd like a poll on if people think we need a yet another new "stripe thread". It's REALLY getting old again to hear the same complaints, the same comments, the same suggestions, the same options, the same opinions, the same venting, the same objections, over and over and over again. :doh:

My car is black and in Florida. It gets hot enough to cook an egg. It is like putting them in an oven down here. The white cars last much longer, due to the car being cooler. In the old days up noth cars rusted because the humidity never dried out. Black cars never rusted as much because the car heated up by the sun an dried out much quicker. Ex body shop manager. Same with the old wood grain vinyl on station wagons.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like a poll on if people think we need a yet another new "stripe thread". It's REALLY getting old again to hear the same complaints, the same comments, the same suggestions, the same options, the same opinions, the same venting, the same objections, over and over and over again. :doh:

+1 Couldn't agree with you more.....

3 years, daily driver 60K miles, Vegas heat and sun...my stripes were deplorable! Hopefully my new PAINTED Guardsman Blue stripes last a lot longer than that. My original hood is hanging up...crappy scoop, stripes and all.

Where did you get that hood? How much? :rockon:

I have a vista blue & my only problem is stripe wrinkling around the scoop on installation (still not resolved). And the old 1" blue stripe on the old scoop looks a little darker than the car, but the new one looks closer.

I've read of people getting rain blotches on their vinyl stripes. The first few times I got home with rain on my new stripes I'd wipe them down, there'd be faint blotches afterward, I'd hold my breathe overnight & find them dry & cleared up the next morning. But after a few experiences in the rain they stopped blotching all together.

The '08 Vista Blue cars had just as many stripe and hood scoop problems as the '07 cars. There just aren't as many posts here on Team Shelby about them because it has beaten to death already. My hood scoop and hood stripes needed replacing at 2000 miles.

Archived