TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quarter window cover decal placement?

Shelby installed the 'Carroll Shelby" decal on the front of the cover.

Based on factory photos, it should go on the lower front of the cover, but some dealers did not check. I put my covers and decal on myself after the dealer had to order a replacement. My car had two right side covers in the trunk! It took two deliveries to get the right piece.

B)

This is how they were from shelby.

My car has everything in boxes in the trunk when delivered to the dealer. The rear quarter window panels had the decal loosely taped to the back (inside) each panel, not installation. The decal for each panel is then removed, panel taped into place over the window, the the decals applied to the panel. The black inner covers go over the glass inside. Good prep to clean the surfaces before installation is essential. It took me about an hour to clean, install inside blackout, out side panels and decals. I just followed the photos of the car in the GT350 flyer and in the Shelby magazine to guess where to install the decals.

B)

My car has everything in boxes in the trunk when delivered to the dealer. The rear quarter window panels had the decal loosely taped to the back (inside) each panel, not installation. The decal for each panel is then removed, panel taped into place over the window, the the decals applied to the panel. The black inner covers go over the glass inside. Good prep to clean the surfaces before installation is essential. It took me about an hour to clean, install inside blackout, out side panels and decals. I just followed the photos of the car in the GT350 flyer and in the Shelby magazine to guess where to install the decals.

B)

Quick question here. There are two references to dealers in this thread. Are you guys buying through dealers, or just having them delivered there?

Archived